• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Giants, Hudson Agree to 2-yr Deal

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

The Giants have agreed to terms with free agent starting pitcher Tim Hudson, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com is reporting. The deal will be for two years and $23 million, according to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports. Hudson, 38, was 8-7 with a 3.97 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 95 strikeouts in 131 1/3 innings last season for the Braves before suffering a gruesome broken leg while covering first base against the Mets. This signing marks a return to the Bay Area for Hudson, who spent the first six years of his career pitching for the A's, making the All-Star team twice and receiving votes for the Cy Young three different times. Hudson will slot fourth in the Giants rotation behind Madison Bumgarner, Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum. The fifth spot in the rotation still appears up in the air, with Ryan Vogelsong still a candidate to be re-signed. The Braves had hoped to retain Hudson's services, with the Red Sox, Giants, Rockies, Orioles and several other teams having shown interest in signing the veteran.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24247755/giants-tim-hudson-agree-to-deal/

That is way too much money for Huddy. Minor seem to be our big game pitcher in the making. He pitched his best when he faced off against the other team best starter this past season. He has pitched the best in the playoffs.

There really isn't any room for Huddy on the roster anyways. Rotation is already very good and deep. If Beachy stays healthy then we are right up there top-3 rotations in Baseball. Assuming no one get injured,regresses and continue to develop.

Way too much money for Hudson. The Giants seem willing to completely overpay for #3-4 starters.

I think we are going to make a very strong offer for Price out of Tampa. I'm not sure that is the best deal to make, but Price is an Ace right now. My problem with him is age, size, and how much he relies on power.

• Like 1