• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - HEAT

lethalweapon3

We went from a talented defensive minded undersized team with a boring dysfunctional offense to a high IQ, ball movement offense with little talent and below average defense. This is not an improved team. This is a mediocre team to the core. Last year team was at least solid, this team is flat out mediocre.

We went from a talented defensive minded undersized team with a boring dysfunctional offense to a high IQ, ball movement offense with little talent and below average defense. This is not an improved team. This is a mediocre team to the core. Last year team was at least solid, this team is flat out mediocre.

But as long as the Hawks limp to 35-41 victories the owners will be happy!

Hard for Horford to score when they don't have him post up and get the ball to him. Miami forced us to work the ball around the perimeter all night and hedged hard on screens or switched them and really defended this offense perfectly. Bud had zero adjustments for it but I hope he will next time. I don't feel bad about losing to the 2 time defending champs though, they're pretty good and have been together for a couple years now.

Hard for Horford to score when they don't have him post up and get the ball to him. Miami forced us to work the ball around the perimeter all night and hedged hard on screens or switched them and really defended this offense perfectly. Bud had zero adjustments for it but I hope he will next time.I don't feel bad about losing to the 2 time defending champs though, they're pretty good and have been together for a couple years now.

And they were missing Wade, and Lebron had a way below average game but they still won with ease.

The Hawks are mediocre and it's not debatable.

Standout offensive players find a way to be productive. Al is just a decent but harmless scorer.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Are they mediocre? Maybe.But I think the plan from the beginning was to give it a decent fight, but when the going gets tough not to sweat it too much. We were wise keep Lou out of this one, and instead focus more on getting our backups some great experience, and keep an eye towards kicking butt tomorrow night vs. Pistons. We have got to win all the easy games we're supposed to win, be competitive and try and steal a few games from some better or evenly matched teams when we can, and get our developing guys some good experience so they can play great ball next year and on down the line. It would be great to beat the Heat, but it's better not to wear our guys out so they lose out tomorrow or in the next back-to-back in a couplr days. Let's be smart and try and win as many as we can, keep up our meager reputation up, keep fans and other players at least somewhat interested, so that maybe we can make some good moves at the deadline or in FA.(It's also really important that we focus on winning tomorrow since I've got great seats just a couple rows up right at half court, where I'll have a great view if You Know Who throwing up lots of long twos and threes!!!)

• Like 1

Ya I know...but at least we aren't in the Nets situation lol. I'm just trying to stay optimistic.Honestly I've been disappointed for 27+ years of following the Hawks and this year I wanted us to tank until finding out about the Nets pick, now I want us to do well and for them to tank. I guess after all these years I just have to keep my spirits high and be optimistic and who knows, maybe one of these years they will surprise me and deliver and bring home an nba championship.

This is one team we will not be beating in a series. Teague got fouled going to the basket several times and did not get calls that he usually gets, just charge it to the game and try to avoid Miami

He got man handled easily 4 times and to be honest its one facet of sport I dont get ... the favoritism shown to "elite" teams. He played like crap tonight though, very disappointed in Teague.

So, we lost to the best team in the NBA and on their home court. They had one player out and we had two. Never mind. They still had the King starting and the greatest three point shooter ever coming off thebench. First game back after the flu. He's as old as dirt but still great.What was with all the turnovers? Couldn't beat the worst team in the NBA playing like that. Hawks hada dry spell. Horford scored six or eight in a row but no one else could do anything.Played the King last night and now we face our former Hawk tonight.GO HAWKS

• Like 2

hard to play defense when your getting hit with ticky tack fouls - Miami starting 5 played very aggressive and had 2 fouls all night ?? Its a wonder this game wasnt even more of a blowout - until the Hawks establish themselves as a contender, they will continue to get disrespected by the refs.

I like the energy this team brings thus far- anything is better than watching Smith loaf own the court or try to play point guard- lets see where this team is in a month - if we are absorbing what coach B is selling watch for a deadline trade.

Holy overreaction Batman. We all knew this would be a tough game before Milsap was scratched from the lineup. Our guys looked good in the first half but fell apart in the second half. Mike Scott continues to impress with a solid double-double last night.

I like how Bud kept Horford out in the 4th and decided to rest key players in preparation for tonight's game instead of giving in to a futile attempt to try and make a comeback.

The Pistons are in trouble tonight. We should employ the hack-a-Drummond strategy tonight as he is 2/16 from the FT line this year but he is only averaging 1.5 FT's per game on 36 minutes per game. Why do people Hack Dwight constantly and not Drummond? Dwight atleast shoots 40-50% from the line and not under 20% like Drummond.

• Like 2

11 games in to a new system, with what 7 new players? Against a championship hardened club with a team comprised of guys who have been together for at least 2 seasons? Come on Hawksquawk. Be realistic. It was a litmus test. We put the ship in rough seas and took on a little water. Go back to shore and get back to work. Bud and Ferry new the ship was probably not sea worthy. If we had of beat the Heat by 40 it still would be one game and we would be in the same boat. You can't win titles in November.

• Like 2

• Moderators

11 games in to a new system, with what 7 new players? Against a championship hardened club with a team comprised of guys who have been together for at least 2 seasons? Come on Hawksquawk. Be realistic. It was a litmus test. We put the ship in rough seas and took on a little water. Go back to shore and get back to work. Bud and Ferry new the ship was probably not sea worthy. If we had of beat the Heat by 40 it still would be one game and we would be in the same boat. You can't win titles in November.

All I can say is if you're not first you're last Posted Image

• Like 1

video: dennis interview after the game - for those who understand a little German or those who want to hear how dennis sounds in his mother tongue

At least Dennis didn't waste any time before turning it over after he got in the game. That 1 pass was just pathetic! I'm still behind the kid and think he has a bright future but he looks like he's regressing to me.

Oh and thanks for the link. Every time I hear him speak in German it just weirds me out as you never expect a black dude (with a weird blonde patch of hair no less) to be speaking fluent German.

damb what a bunch of spoiled unrealistick babies on this page.like one poster said i guess you would love a team like the nets with a boat load of popular names at starting potitions with inflated contracts but cant beat the bobcats or orlando.

first tegue has been averageing us almost20 pts. a game,but you should have exspected them to shut teague down b/c they have an agressive quick & atheletic defense that like to double the point or whomever else is passing the ball.

the only whay to beat the heat is through your paint players. Ayón & scott were doing great, but they could not keep up the production & thats when they really pulled away in this game.

• Like 2

• Moderators

At least Dennis didn't waste any time before turning it over after he got in the game. That 1 pass was just pathetic! I'm still behind the kid and think he has a bright future but he looks like he's regressing to me.

Oh and thanks for the link. Every time I hear him speak in German it just weirds me out as you never expect a black dude (with a weird blonde patch of hair no less) to be speaking fluent German.

So many horrible pass attempts (i'm not calling them passes) last night. We kept trying to pass it through the opposing players. Horford, Teague, Korver all did this. And then passes to empty spaces like we're running timing routes. Which we are i guess but you still have to make sure the guy is there. My other complaint was Horf trying to pass the ball when he's already in the lane. Just shoot it man!

Still Bud made corrections. You saw guys come out of timeouts and play better defensively. We got rattled by a more experienced, more talented team. No biggie. Let's beat the Pistons. Will have more chances at the Heat.