• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague

jmac54

so can we get rid of him now Hawks fans?.....still the same old Jeff against real NBA teams....no all star game for him anymore....or for any Hawk really. Throw Denis in there and let him learn. Teagues gotta go....hes no good against top teams.

• Premium Member

I think the inevitable return to historic Jeff Teague is well under way. He had a hot start to the year and he has really, really, really cooled off the last few games. We desperately need him to go back to what was working and to stop being tentative with the ball.

• Like 1

i guess we people forget when doc rivers use to give us the same type toothache.he would go of for 2 weeks then he would go in thedumps offensively for a week.the true superstars rarely have over 3 straight bad games.

Not old enough to remember all the doc days but I agree that true superstars don't usually have 3 straight bad nights but I do recall joe Johnson having a terrible January a few years ago!....man Johnson couldn't put it in the hoop to save his life around that time. I'm not too mad at Teague. He TRYING to grow in to that star we want him to be....he's going to have some tough games getting there if he can anyways. Let's be like ferry and sit back and watch and see if the kid can turn it around.

• Moderators

Not gon lie I'm big Teague fan but dude needs to step it back up and play like he was playing earlier.I wonder what's up?.....well maybe he's just off these last three games...he will pick it back up

He's pressing, that's whats wrong. As Nique said the other day, Teague just needs to let the game come to him and not feel pressured to score 20 pts every game. It's not his job to be the offense and his job isn't in jeporady cause Schröder is still two seasons away from being ready. Just get back to what was working - PnR, GnG, and attacking the basket. Let Cartier, Korver, Lou, Sap, and Horf worry about scoring buckets.

• Like 3

He's pressing, that's whats wrong. As Nique said the other day, Teague just needs to let the game come to him and not feel pressured to score 20 pts every game. It's not his job to be the offense and his job isn't in jeporady cause Schröder is still two seasons away from being ready. Just get back to what was working - PnR, GnG, and attacking the basket. Let Cartier, Korver, Lou, Sap, and Horf worry about scoring buckets.

Good points and you are absolutely right. Teague just needs to get back to setting the offense up best he can to get easy buckets and good shots. ......yup I think Teague is capable of doing that nearly every game if not most.

Players usually revert back to what they did before.. I think we have seen that from both Teague and Al. It seemed like Al took his game to a higher level the 2nd half of last season, but he seems more passive at times this year. Teague started out strong this year, but it seems like he has went back to being the player that we're used to seeing.