• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTG Falcons

WraithSentinel

Posted ImagePosted Image

They were doing so well in tanking then they had to go and screw it all up today. With a lot of help from the Bills. Bills went out of their way to give them the game today. With today win they went from being a top-2 pick to being in a cluster of about 4-5 teams that are 3-9.

For a team that hasn't got any breaks and for the most part hasn't given a damn all year. Today they got the breaks for once actually showed they gave a damn. Too late Falcons. Resume the tank mode next week.

Edited by Braves

• Moderators

Why do we want a top pick again? We don't need a QB and D-liner's rarely pan out when drafted in the top-5. We get a top-10 pick and we'll be doing all right to get our O-liner that we desperately need. Geno Atkins is arguably the best DT in the league and Cinci drafted him in the 4th round. I believe the Falcons trade any top-10 pick for more picks anyway. We need depth and talent. Below is the chart that teams use to value those top picks:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

The fifth pick in the draft is worth 1,700 pts, so we could trade down and still end up with a lot of picks.

Why do we want a top pick again? We don't need a QB and D-liner's rarely pan out when drafted in the top-5. We get a top-10 pick and we'll be doing all right to get our O-liner that we desperately need. Geno Atkins is arguably the best DT in the league and Cinci drafted him in the 4th round. I believe the Falcons trade any top-10 pick for more picks anyway. We need depth and talent. Below is the chart that teams use to value those top picks:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

The fifth pick in the draft is worth 1,700 pts, so we could trade down and still end up with a lot of picks.

Is it not obvious?

If we go by that chart, then the #1 overall pick is worth nearly twice as much as the #5 pick that you mention, so it should be obvious why any logical fan wants the team to keep losing... The higher the pick, the more value you can get in a trade.

Edited by WakaFlocka

• Moderators

Jags won today and Tampa is at three wins as well. Minne has a better record with that tie. Houston is the only team with only two wins. Falcons still have to face Niners, Packers, Redskins, and Panthers to play. Right now, we'd be the third pick. I don't think Houston loses out. Jags Bills Redskins and Bucs could lose out. I think we end up at 4-12 and the 4th or 5th pick. That Redskins/Falcons Texans/Jags and Bills/Jags game could be a big ones for deciding draft placement.

• Moderators

I don't know how anyone could see the difference in trade value between the #1 pick (want your chosen franchise QB? Come talk to *us*) and the 4, 5, etc. isn't huge. Teams have had trouble moving that #4, #5, #6, etc. types of picks but no one has ever had trouble extracting serious value for the #1 pick -- the only times trades don't get made it when a team decides it really wants that top player anyway.

This win was a Bobby Sura moment for the Falcons.

• Like 1

I just wonder who we are going to get as there are 3 players at the top of this draft we really need. We need Clowney , LT Matthews, and NT Nix.

Y'all need to trade back and get as many extra picks as possible. Depth on the Falcons is a major issue. Once your starters come back healthy next year you've got a good enough squad to compete but y'all need guys to back them up.

I would be in favor of trading back but TD can't draft very well. We need a impact player right away. I just dont have any faith in him drafting well. Best to take BPA with out likely top-5 pick.

Back to today game. Good thing the Falcons have no 2nd half offense. It really came in handy today.

From looking at the standings. Falcons sit #3. Next week game vs Redskins could go a long way to determine who pick #2. Texans look like they got the #1 pick lockdown.

Edited by Braves

Wade Phillips has always been a good coach. I've always wondered why he couldnt keep a job. You're right though Dolf. We have many holes on both sides of the ball. If we can't get Clowney, I would be against trading back with the Rams who might be desperate for a player like Mike Evans.

Holy crap did today win screw up the Falcons or what. They went from drafting #3 before the game to possibly be drafting anywhere from 3 all the way down to 7. Falcons are going to need some help rest of the way. Luckily they got the 49ers and Panthers left. Those games should lock for losses. It is not looking good right now.

• Moderators

Falcons are enjoying hurting their 2014 season but why do they need a dominant addition to the line anyway? Ugh.

At least I can tell myself that it isn't as bad as undermining your draft position in the NBA if you can just draft well.