• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Was in the house at Phillips last night

Vol4ever

Is it my imagination or have the ticket prices really gone up? Even on stubhub or the like, the tickets are still pretty expensive: $25 and up for 300 level. Once in a while you will see something in the upper 20's in 200 but most of the time they are a lot more.

This could explain the empty seats.

Edited by Randy

I'm done with going to games. Went to about 25 last year and already 6 this year. Philips ushers have been really unpleasant this year and they've changed their policies about meeting the players pre game... Plus our main security guard acts stupid and makes the Hawks players sign in black that is usually faded, I'm so done with Philips Arena.

• Premium Member

I parked at the players entrance on level 3 and walked right in the arena lower level. Danny better get this thing turned around and put butts in the seats. Diehards will still come to the games but those who pay will not play to see this team.

• Premium Member

'Good' basketball and 'entertaining' basketball aren't mutually exclusive. The Hawks are a fundamentally sound team but they just aren't that entertaining or exciting to be honest. Don't forget, people called the Spurs boring during their heyday. We essentially are the Spurs minus a superstar. It says a lot when people who already have purchased Hawks tickets decide not to attend the game.

I'm done with going to games. Went to about 25 last year and already 6 this year. Philips ushers have been really unpleasant this year and they've changed their policies about meeting the players pre game... Plus our main security guard acts stupid and makes the Hawks players sign in black that is usually faded, I'm so done with Philips Arena.

You know there's basketball to watch after all the autographs right?

'Good' basketball and 'entertaining' basketball aren't mutually exclusive. The Hawks are a fundamentally sound team but they just aren't that entertaining or exciting to be honest. Don't forget, people called the Spurs boring during their heyday. We essentially are the Spurs minus a superstar. It says a lot when people who already have purchased Hawks tickets decide not to attend the game.

I disagree. I find this team very entertaining. There's so much more happening each possession than before.

And, if dunks are your cup of tea, there's Milsap and Horford who can both throw it down with authority (or evil intent).

• Like 1

I disagree. I find this team very entertaining. There's so much more happening each possession than before.

And, if dunks are your cup of tea, there's Milsap and Horford who can both throw it down with authority (or evil intent).

You're right. However, most of the city of Atlanta doesn't agree. This team has not had a superstar since Nique left. If they want fans to get behind them then they need to get a star. Despite the fact that Howard was never coming to Atlanta, and I'm glad he didn't, all your average fans did was complain how the Hawks did not land DH.

• Premium Member

You're right. However, most of the city of Atlanta doesn't agree. This team has not had a superstar since Nique left. If they want fans to get behind them then they need to get a star. Despite the fact that Howard was never coming to Atlanta, and I'm glad he didn't, all your average fans did was complain how the Hawks did not land DH.

This is a fact. I appreciate good basketball as much as the next man and I wil always watch the Hawks, but me being a fan of the team doesn't blind me too the truth.

Agree with a lot of this. I find this to be a pretty entertaining squad, but if we want to pick up on the attendance front we either need a "star" (at least in the eyes of the public) or we need to generate some buzz through making the ECF or better. The two often go hand in hand.

• Like 1