The Disappearing Act of Jeff Teague

frankthetank966

• Premium Member

Serious question here. What does making a "wow" pass have to do with anything. Dennis can make "wow" passes but cant beat out Mack for the back up job.

Jeff has struggled recently but so has the whole team. Should we trade Kyle since he has struggled from the field, behind the arc, and defensively?

Should Millsap be traded since he has been struggling with his shot and turnovers lately too?

If we are getting rid of guys who have struggled recently then the whole team should be traded.

I hope everyone gets back on track because honestly this whole team has been bad the past few games. Not just Jeff but the whole team.

And DF should be catching a lot more heat for the lack of talent this team has. We had a bunch of money to spend in the summer and this team is even less talented than the one last year

Can I just insert an AMEN here.

I applaud Ferry for picking up Sap and Mack.. but with all the money we had in hand, the best we could do was soft Europlayers who bring nothing to the dance? Ayón sucks. Antić is marginal. Neither is what we need. Brand is old. It's like a Duke Spur reunion. I'm looking for Trajon Langden and Shane Battier next.

I will probably catch heat for this but has DF really been better than BK his first few years?

DF got rid of some bad contracts and got us cap space and made us more flexible

Well BK did that too when he got rid of guys like Shareef and Big dog

DF draft picks have not been impressive. The best guy so far is a second round pf who cant defend

Look how many picks BK blew

BK never gave us a solid bench

The bench DF has put together has not been very good outside of one or two guys and even they are struggling now.

DF got a lot of praise for doing something that has been done before. As a Hawks fan I just hope the results are a lot better than what BK gave us

Can I just insert an AMEN here.

I applaud Ferry for picking up Sap and Mack.. but with all the money we had in hand, the best we could do was soft Europlayers who bring nothing to the dance? Ayón sucks. Antić is marginal. Neither is what we need. Brand is old. It's like a Duke Spur reunion. I'm looking for Trajon Langden and Shane Battier next.

I do agree there. I was not impressed with the PF/C signings. I was very mad when they lost Zaza go. I definitely thought he would have stayed since he loved ATL. Also Dalemberet was available. Even though he is a sleepy head... Posted Image Hansborough was on my radar, young and plays aggressive. Seemed like he would fit the system well.

I will probably catch heat for this but has DF really been better than BK his first few years?

DF draft picks have not been impressive. The best guy so far is a second round pf who cant defend

The bench DF has put together has not been very good outside of one or two guys and even they are struggling now.

DF got a lot of praise for doing something that has been done before. As a Hawks fan I just hope the results are a lot better than what BK gave us

Too early to give up on Shrod and Jenkins. Considering Jenkins is hurt this year. Plus I can't say there was one player drafted after Jenkins who has put up better numbers. Other than our own, Mike Scott.

• Premium Member

Damn. If I had somebody who reads my mind, it's you. I have said repeated that we have seen this before. It's the art of the takeover. Takeover and change everything... even if it's working and apply your brand. That's all Ferry has done. He calls it changing the culture. All he's really done is started applying his brand. His choice in coach is not bad. Bud has brought offense to the plate. However, didn't the same thing happen with BK and Woody... Woody being a defensive technician. After years of Big dog and Toni, we were happy to see somebody who can make our defense play. The only difference was that Woody made all his changes at the same time so that he could get to the top of the lottery. Ferry hasn't. I actually think BK was better at the firesale than Ferry has been. Ferry is better at short terming his contracts but it's the same thing.

Ok. Well the last three games for Teague have been bad but really they've been bad for the whole damn team. That's a super small sample size to judge him on. Don't you think the loss of the most important player on the team is going to adversely affect him and the whole team. At least at first. Remove the last three games and Teague's stats aren't as astonishingly bad as you state. If he continues to play this way through January then I'll be with you.

Those stats are over a 6 game period since Al has gone down. I even included his good games to try and pump his stats up some.

Let's Be CLEAR Here:

Everybody says that Teague has disappeared. His stats since Horf was injured are the following:

19.7 ppg

7.7 apg

2.7 rpg

1.6 spg

45.7% FG% (on 16.6 shots per game)

28.6% 3pt% (on 4.0 shots per game)

Really???

Since Stephen Curry is #2 in apg (Teague #4) for the season and he is currently active (CP3 #1 but out).. I thought Curry would be a good person to look at the comparison with:

Curry:

23 ppg

9.6 apg

4.7 rpg

2.0 spg

44.5% FG (on 18 shots per game)

40.5% 3Pt (on 7.9 shots per game)

The next guy in the East is Wall... Let's compare his numbers:

Wall

19.7 ppg

8.8 apg

3.5 rpg

2.1 spg

42.4 FG (on 16.6 shots per game)

30.4 3pt (on 3.7 shots per game)

Now to me, it's laughable that you declare disappearing for Teague after Horf. When he's still putting up numbers comparable to the elite guards playing....

Uhh you need to check your math on those stats since Horford went down. He's played 6 games without Horford and I posted his important stats earlier. Funny how you forgot to include his 4 TO's per game.

• Like 1

Damn. If I had somebody who reads my mind, it's you. I have said repeated that we have seen this before. It's the art of the takeover. Takeover and change everything... even if it's working and apply your brand. That's all Ferry has done. He calls it changing the culture. All he's really done is started applying his brand. His choice in coach is not bad. Bud has brought offense to the plate. However, didn't the same thing happen with BK and Woody... Woody being a defensive technician. After years of Big dog and Toni, we were happy to see somebody who can make our defense play. The only difference was that Woody made all his changes at the same time so that he could get to the top of the lottery. Ferry hasn't. I actually think BK was better at the firesale than Ferry has been. Ferry is better at short terming his contracts but it's the same thing.

Give DF at least one more off-season. Everyone wanted Dwight and CP3 this year. Once Doc went to LAL the wet dream became impossible.

Oh darn, we now need a superstar PG now. Wtf? We re never satisfied with anything are we?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're satisfied with 40% / 20% / 17 points / 6.5 assists / 4 turnovers then by all means but I want a hell of a lot more efficient player at PG who takes care of the ball and sets his teammates up for scores.

Ok.. I see. We have to take away the overtime games that Teague plays in.... and we count the overtime games for everybody else. yeah... That's a great way to do it?

Anyway. Did you ever consider that adding Antić and Scott and Ayón and Lou into the offense may have something to do with an increase in turnovers? I mean, I know that these guys practice and all but don't you think having these guys come in having not played high minutes would have some type of effect on the overall chemistry?

I guess not... I mean, we're not even counting overtime periods anymore... how dare we talk about chemistry?

I overexaggerated the stats.... by presenting them????

WOW!!

You didn't skew the stats here because it was an OT game, you skewed them because Horford played that entire game and Frank clearly pointed that out to you. You're intentionally being obtuse here. [/andy dufresne]

• Premium Member

Here's his actual stats without Horford. Please ignore Diesel's skewed data.

No sir....

This is where my stats came from... Nothing skewed about it.

I invite all squawkers to trust neither my stats or yours but to do it for themselves. Starting from 12-26.

Before you go out and try to slander my name... do your stats again using the real numbers!!

• Like 1

No sir....

This is where my stats came from... Nothing skewed about it.

I invite all squawkers to trust neither my stats or yours but to do it for themselves. Starting from 12-26.

Before you go out and try to slander my name... do your stats again using the real numbers!!

Damn man I just told you above that YOU INCLUDED THE CLEVELAND GAME THAT HORFORD PLAYED THE WHOLE GAME.

• Premium Member

You didn't skew the stats here because it was an OT game, you skewed them because Horford played that entire game and Frank clearly pointed that out to you. You're intentionally being obtuse here. [/andy dufresne]

Dol. You are a piece of work here. You just all out slander my name. Said that I have an agenda. Make it sound like I lied... This is where it's serious for me... you make it sound like I lied and misled... all because I included the game that Al went out on? Dude, it's been several years now... but the amount of disrespect you show me is horrible.

The biggest problem is Teague has very little help. Milsap is being mugged as the team knows we

have very few options each night. Korver is good for a few 3s each night. Lou is sucking now.

Demare still not 100%. Brand is older than dirt. Do I need to go on. Lets give the young guys some time and

let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

Dol. You are a piece of work here. You just all out slander my name. Said that I have an agenda. Make it sound like I lied... This is where it's serious for me... you make it sound like I lied and misled... all because I included the game that Al went out on? Dude, it's been several years now... but the amount of disrespect you show me is horrible.

The amount of EXTRA work that you cause for me here is horrible. You are far and away the most abusive poster on here and have for a decade been trying to find ways around the rules around here so don't come crying to me about this. Over the years you've used far more resources on this site than anyone else and do you help support the site? Hell no you don't, so again I really don't care what you think.

You got caught trying to skew the stats using Teague's 34 and 14 game when Horford played the whole game and unfortunately you aren't man enough to admit when you get caught.

• Like 1