The Disappearing Act of Jeff Teague

frankthetank966

Jeff Teague started the season averaging 20.45 PPG and 8.5 APG, both appear to be solid numbers. However, his below 46% field goal percent and awful 3PT % were concerns. Now, he is one of the leading PGs for turnovers. I've voiced my concerns over Teague and lack of consistency for years. He plays at an elite level for a set of games and then shoots 34% for the week and nearly average a 1-1 ratio assist to turnovers.

This team obviously hinders on the PGs success. When Jeff is playing well like he did against Dallas on Nov 29 and SA Dec. 2 this team is capable of winning against some of the best teams. Then he goes silent from the field and looks lost passing the ball, i.e. last night.

Users want to trade Milsap. I think the Hawks should be looking to trade Teague.

We probably would have already traded Teague if not for schroders slow start

Possibly, I think everyone (myself included) had such high expectation for Schröder. We have to remember, he is coming from Europe and needs to adjust. I agree though that JT would have been traded. I still think he is expendable with Macks recent development. Mack looks better running the court anyways. Wonder if LAL or Chicago would be interested in Teague.

We cannot trade Jeffy without his consent for this season and cannot trade him to Milwaukee even with his consent. Suggesting that we should trade Jeffy over Millsap lacks insight into what we actually can do.

If we want to go into hypotheticals, then discuss hypotheticals that can hypothetically work. This is not under the Hawks control until next year, so why worry about this?

We cannot trade Jeffy without his consent for this season and cannot trade him to Milwaukee even with his consent. Suggesting that we should trade Jeffy over Millsap lacks insight into what we actually can do.

If we want to go into hypotheticals, then discuss hypotheticals that can hypothetically work. This is not under the Hawks control until next year, so why worry about this?

Good to know and shitty to know. What if he agrees to a trade though. Bottom line, thread was created to discuss his regression. Not sure if he is the long-term PG.

Good to know and shitty to know. What if he agrees to a trade though. Bottom line, thread was created to discuss his regression. Not sure if he is the long-term PG.

If he agrees to a trade, then yeah he could be traded except to the Bucks. But once you do that, you are putting forth a whole lot of assumptions in what we can do. It is best not to have to assume something we have no information about.

I'm starting to worry about Teague as well! I mean come on man 40 percent field goal! 28 percent 3 point field goal percentage!....that's terrible! The only thing Teague keeps winning me over on is his aggressiveness...he's really attacking the basket this year, just needs to finish at the rim a lot better.

Teague has always been a "matchup guy"...a star against lesser PGs and a shrinking violet against the top guys (with the occasional exception to the rule of course). Thing that worries me most is like others have said....shooting percentage. He just isn't that good of a finisher at the rim to be excused for that poor of a shooting percentage.

To be fair to him though, I believe he was the 6th or 7th PG picked in that top-heavy PG draft...he's done better than I expected and better than a few who were picked ahead of him. I think we are OK with the Teague/Mack Attack PG combo.

• Like 1

Teague has always been a "matchup guy"...a star against lesser PGs and a shrinking violet against the top guys (with the occasional exception to the rule of course). Thing that worries me most is like others have said....shooting percentage. He just isn't that good of a finisher at the rim to be excused for that poor of a shooting percentage.

To be fair to him though, I believe he was the 6th or 7th PG picked in that top-heavy PG draft...he's done better than I expected and better than a few who were picked ahead of him. I think we are OK with the Teague/Mack Attack PG combo.

Im bot disgusted with teague right now. I know he has the talent to score against top level pgs and its not because he's that good it just because top level pgs defense is good but not great enough to shut teague down. Teague shuts himself down.

• Premium Member

I'm starting to worry about Teague as well! I mean come on man 40 percent field goal! 28 percent 3 point field goal percentage!....that's terrible!The only thing Teague keeps winning me over on is his aggressiveness...he's really attacking the basket this year, just needs to finish at the rim a lot better.

Can't help but notice I don't see people trying to rub myself and supes noses in the "SEE SEE Teague is a SUPERSTAR!" threads anymore. Teague is flatlining back to what he is: an average starting point guard. Although at this point his numbers are so atrocious in terms of shooting that even that is in jeopardy.

We need to see the Teague that was aggressive and pushing the tempo. We haven't been seeing that. What really astounds me is that he is usually a decent to good three point shooter and this year he's just horrible shooting them.

This was what I was afraid of. He did the same disappearing act last year. I've never been a Teague fan and this sort of inconsistent play is exactly why. As with any Hawk, I would love for them to show me that my first impressions are wrong, unfortunately, Jeff isnt doing a good job of that