• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UFC 168 - Andersen Silva broken leg

Admin

It just deflated the otherwise awesome card. Travis Browne is becoming one of my favorite fighters. Tate was over matched. Rousey manhandled her for 3 rounds, but couldn't finish the fight without the armbar

Browne looked awesome and he's going to be a real threat to the title in a year or two once he gets his shot. Those elbows are just nasty and make me wonder why more fighters don't use them in that position.

Tate was overmatched but she did a good job escaping from Rousey and if she had stayed outside I think she could have had more of a shot to win. Kinda ridiculous that Rousey is so good but can't seem to win fights without the armbar.

I thought I was going to cringe when I saw the video, but suprisingly I didn't. I think Kevin Ware's injury was way worse than this.

I think this was nastier as his leg was just dangling there. This was the nastiest thing I've seen since the eye popped out in Any Given Sunday or the actual injury to Joe Theismann.

• 6 months later...

I admit that I'm not much of a UFC fan... But the champ Weidman just won another fight. The guy is like 14-0 or something... But I notice that people keep calling him a fluke... Are some people and the media just mad because a white guy beat their black superstar champion?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I admit that I'm not much of a UFC fan... But the champ Weidman just won another fight. The guy is like 14-0 or something... But I notice that people keep calling him a fluke... Are some people and the media just mad because a white guy beat their black superstar champion?

Of course not. Silva was just that dominant a fighter. However, he got too cocky against a very talented fighter. I dont think it was a fluke, but I do think Silva would've won the second fight if it werent for the broken leg. Weidman is the best fighter in his weight class though and had a great performance against Machida who had been destroying middleweights up until last night.

Well #1 Silva isn't black he's Brazilian. #2 this is only Weidmans 3rd defense of his title and this was the first time we've seen him be tested. He's a good fighter but he's not someone that we've seen enough if as he was a phenom who came up through the system very quickly. I was very suspicious when he beat Silva the 1st time and then the 2nd time didn't show much since Silva broke his leg but I'm now fully behind Weidman as a real champ.

I was very impressed with the Dragon in this fight. 1st three rounds were dull and Weidman controlled the outcome because of them but the last 2 rounds were awesome. I definitely expect a rematch between them.

Speaking of rematches I cannot wait till Sept 27th when Goose and Bones have theirs. Jones got lucky he survived what I consider the best fight I've ever seen in the UFC.

And how about Rowdy kicking more ass. She's just a freak! But wow she had a nasty cut on her hand after.

Speaking of tough I was extremely impressed with Hall fighting 2 rounds with the bone sticking out of his toe.

• Like 1

Well #1 Silva isn't black he's Brazilian. #2 this is only Weidmans 3rd defense of his title and this was the first time we've seen him be tested. He's a good fighter but he's not someone that we've seen enough if as he was a phenom who came up through the system very quickly. I was very suspicious when he beat Silva the 1st time and then the 2nd time didn't show much since Silva broke his leg but I'm now fully behind Weidman as a real champ.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan, but there is some lashing out against this Weidman guy. The guy is undefeated?

I'm just not seeing the reasoning for it. Silva is a legend it seems, but the guy is 38 years old or something. That is considered old in almost any competitive sport.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan, but there is some lashing out against this Weidman guy. The guy is undefeated?

I'm just not seeing the reasoning for it. Silva is a legend it seems, but the guy is 38 years old or something. That is considered old in almost any competitive sport.

Weidman is 12-0 now but this was only his 4th big fight. Most non-hardcore MMA fans didn't even know who he was 4 fights ago when he faced Silva and Silva was clowning the whole fight and got caught by a lucky shot. Then Weidman checked a kick in the rematch and snapped Silvas leg. He had a shaky finish against the Dragon last night too so there's reasons to doubt him and it's not about race. In MMA nationality plays a big part in fan loyalty but it's not about the color of their skin, it's where they came from or fight out of.

Btw Silva is the best fighter in MMA history and arguably modern fighting history. He went 7.5 years between losses in the UFC and has easily the longest streak of defending his title. And a this age he's still a badass!

I wanna say Couture won a title after 40 and maybe the Iceman as well but not sure on that.

Machida did turn it on big time in Rds 4 & 5 and that flurry with 15 seconds left had me at the edge of my seat but credit to Wiedman for holding on. Machida was classy in post fight interview. Looking forward to Jones/Gustafsson rematch.

• Like 1

And how about Rowdy kicking more ass. She's just a freak! But wow she had a nasty cut on her hand after. [\b]

Speaking of tough I was extremely impressed with Hall fighting 2 rounds with the bone sticking out of his toe.

One word. Cyborg.

Uriah Hall finished that fight with fire. I was extremely impressed. The guy is tough as nails.

• Like 1

One word. Cyborg.

Uriah Hall finished that fight with fire. I was extremely impressed. The guy is tough as nails.

Cyborg was a badass but was she a badass because of the drugs or in spite of them?? Cyborg just lost in a recent kickboxing match and I don't think she's the same fighter she was on the juice. Plus Rousey is no Carrano she's much more than a pretty face.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2120694-cris-cyborg-tweets-picture-of-gina-carano-as-stern-warning-to-rousey

Wouldn't surprise me if they bought and she broke Cyborgs arm for talking shit.

I was very impressed with Hall! That one move he did, the rolling thunder, was crazy I'd never seen that before.

I was really disappointed that Struve didn't fight. It's hilarious watching that lanky bastard fight. Skyscraper vs Big Country Nelson would be the funniest fight ever.