IVAAAAN

Ryaan

Loved this guy while he was a Hawk. Would like to see him back. He's the scariest enforcer in the NBA by a country mile.

Yeah...and let's remember...AL is basically out for the year. To think we are going to go injury free with our remaining bigs is silly. What are the chances Elton hangs in there - even in his limited role - for the rest of the year?

We should sign Ivan. Chances are the minutes will take care of themselves.

We are small enough as it is. Granted Ivan isn't all that tall but he is strong and can hold his own in the paint.

Heck as it is now - if Sap were to be out for a few games we would be looking at a mid-major sized team.

• Like 1

He can play center as good as anyone we have healthy now (physically). He is strong as heck and can jump some. He can't shoot like Pero but he is a physical specimen....plus...He's IVAN !!

We need him badly in the chatroom....please sign him DF !!!

thats just it we need physical bigs all we have is finess bigs, we need a little bit of toughnes, elton would have been just what the doctor ordered about 6 yrs. ago even though im not complaining about what he gives now.

For everyone questioning as to why to bring Ivan back and regress Mike Scott or sacrifice Scott's minutes, think for a second. They bring to totally different games to the team. There is nothing that Ivan does that Scott can do; the rebounding, the tough inside presence, the defense, the intimidation, - maybe the scoring, but that's all. Scott's improvement and his range is to be commended but he does not bring what Ivan bring. Ivan does not bring what Scott brings which is extended range and he scores at a decent clip on the inside. But still, Ivan was an intimidator and enforcer. I love the way he always challenged KG and Bosh.

For everyone questioning as to why to bring Ivan back and regress Mike Scott or sacrifice Scott's minutes, think for a second. They bring to totally different games to the team. There is nothing that Ivan does that Scott can do; the rebounding, the tough inside presence, the defense, the intimidation, - maybe the scoring, but that's all. Scott's improvement and his range is to be commended but he does not bring what Ivan bring. Ivan does not bring what Scott brings which is extended range and he scores at a decent clip on the inside. But still, Ivan was an intimidator and enforcer. I love the way he always challenged KG and Bosh.

Has nothing to do with what they bring to the game. It's about available minutes at the PF position. Scott can probably play some minutes at SF but he's been so bad defensively at PF I'm not sure that he'll be able to stay with SF's. And Ivan can play some minutes at C but he's drastically undersized there. So again I see no reason to make this signing at all.

Nobody needs to get released. Nunnally was only signed to a 10-day. He looked strong in LON though.

I'd much rather keep Nunnally though and see what he can bring to the table for the rest of the season. He looked very comfortable out there last night in the limited run he got. We need SF help a lot more than we need PF help!

Has nothing to do with what they bring to the game. It's about available minutes at the PF position. Scott can probably play some minutes at SF but he's been so bad defensively at PF I'm not sure that he'll be able to stay with SF's. And Ivan can play some minutes at C but he's drastically undersized there. So again I see no reason to make this signing at all

Because Scott cannot defend KG even at this age, cannot defend Bosh, cannot rebound with them and is as duly noted, finesse on the interior. We have no interior outside of Brand (refreshingly). Ivan also was a cerebral player, like Rodman. He got in players heads. He bates and intimidates. He is highly efficient at drawing charges. Scott has not shown that and I highly doubt that he is able to do that, definitely with the bate and intimidate. Ivan managed to find minutes with Woody and Drew who kept doghouses. This regime allows players to contribute.

Because Scott cannot defend KG even at this age, cannot defend Bosh, cannot rebound with them and is as duly noted, finesse on the interior. We have no interior outside of Brand (refreshingly). Ivan also was a cerebral player, like Rodman. He got in players heads. He bates and intimidates. He is highly efficient at drawing charges. Scott has not shown that and I highly doubt that he is able to do that, definitely with the bate and intimidate. Ivan managed to find minutes with Woody and Drew who kept doghouses. This regime allows players to contribute.

Scott actually has potential to improve though, a lot actually. I know Ivan would help our team this year, but help us what, win another game or two? I don't see that really helps us at all when it comes at the cost of Scott's development.

If Ayón can play center - might as well give the job to IVAN, he may be at a height disadvantage but not strength. Ayón is so weak.

IVAN will give us more than Ayón

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Scott actually has potential to improve though, a lot actually. I know Ivan would help our team this year, but help us what, win another game or two? I don't see that really helps us at all when it comes at the cost of Scott's development.

I can agree to that to a lesser extent. Scott's improvement has been exponential. This staff obviously develops players. I don't know what is going on with the savior Schröder, but maybe in year 2 or 3 it clicks for him. That may be too late for us because he will become a free agent at that point.

I guess Jenkins just can't get healthy and may have missed his opportunity for some PT.

I digress. I would develop Scott to be a 3 with spot minutes at the 4 with a small lineup. He just does not have the frame or length to be a constant 4. So yes I would bring Ivan back at the 4 and develop Scott at the 3 and while we're at it, try to pry Zaza from Milwaukee for some shooters, Cunningham and/or Jenkins and maybe a 2nd round pick. GOD, I miss Zaza and Ivan down low. Where is Hawksfanatic when you need a fix.

Well to be honest, if multiple teams are after Ivan's services it's unlikely we will get him anyway. He'll probably end up as a backup big for a better team. Some were probably worried before about his conduct (getting kicked out of Korea and all)...but since he didn't get kicked out of China that is likely all forgotten.

Our competition will offer Ivan a hundred and fifty dollars more and the ASG will fold.