• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IVAAAAN

Ryaan

I highly doubt we'll cut Ayón with our lack of depth at the C position. Please stop with the suggestions of playing Ivan as a C as that's an awful idea. I know we all like Ivan but he's disgustingly undersized at C and gets beaten too easily on the boards and can't stop other C's from scoring. I think Millsap would actually be better as he's got some sense of how to block a shot and great timing. Ivan just doesn't have that. I'm not advocating Millsap at C either though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

IVAN would be our PF backup. Brand is doing VERY well as our backup Center, no need to mess with that.

And I'm prettty sure Mike would come up as a backup SF. Can't defend anyone tho, SF or PF.

Teague / Mack /Schröder

KK / Lou / Jenkins

Carroll / Scott

Millsap / IVAN

(Horf) / Pero / Brand / Ayón

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Moderators

Welp!

(I'm not yelling at ex-NBAer Christian, just saying, "Oh. Well!")

Speaking of flipping the Bird Rights...

http://www.oneworldsports.com/blogs/ivan-johnson-cut-cba-after-outburst/

More and more details are coming out about Ivan Johnson’s recent removal from the Zhejiang Bulls. The power forward had been averaging 25.8 points and 10 assists per game, but one very public outburst during a game cost Johnson his job and voided the remaining salary owed to him.

In a statement quietly released in the buildup to the CBA All-Star Weekend, the Bulls said Johnson was released because of “verbal abuse,” “insulting gestures toward Zhejiang’s coaches” and “damaging team morale.” Mike Harris, who played for the Utah Jazz earlier this season, will take Johnson’s place.

Things purportedly came to a head in a recent game with regional rivals, the Guangsha Lions. Johnson allegedly refused to shake hands with players before the game and then argued with teammate Warrick Spencer in the game itself. Zhejiang’s coaching staff was also angered by Johnson not paying attention in huddles and ignoring instructions. And then midway through the fourth quarter, Johnson gave Bulls head coach Yang Xuezeng the middle finger.

Johnson, who has been dubbed “Ivan the Terrible” and “Big Baby” by the Chinese media, tried to make amends the following day, including apologizing to Yang. But the decision to cut the American had already been made.

This is not the first time Johnson has had behavior issues in the CBA. While playing for the Qingdao Eagles in 2011, Johnson made his head coach cry

Posted Image

during a particularly heated argument. Johnson was cut shortly afterwards and replaced by former Seattle SuperSonics and Orlando Magic center Olumideye Oyedeji.

Now a free agent, Johnson will return to America to try for an NBA job. The Atlanta Hawks are rumored to be interested. Should he not find an NBA team, however, it’s unlikely that Johnson returns to China again, as this is the second time he has been released by a Chinese team before the end of the season. Johnson is also banned for life from Korean basketball after giving the middle finger to a referee in a KBL Finals game.

So, there's that.

~lw3

Anyone find it kind of odd that Ivan started "acting out" a week after it was published several NBA teams had interest in him? Yeah I know it is Ivan we are talking about but still....

Yeah Blunt...it all sounds pretty fishy to me Posted Image .

We will see soon enough, if it wasn't planned it's unlikely any NBA team will make him an offer, if it was Ivan will get an offer and they will downplay his "behavior".

I noticed there was no actual physical violence mentioned. You would expect a crazy person to get in an on-court fight now and then.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Wait, wait, wait, ... How had I never heard before that Johnson made his old head coach cry?!? Like, an adult coach??? How is that even possible? Did he take his lunch money, too?I love Ivan, he's all heart. But that's sort of why I'd be surprised to see DF pick him up. Seems like he avoids potential offcourt distractions, lockerroom problems, and character issues. But it would be fun, eh?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Just noting, there's one other former member of the 2012-13 Hawks who was released from the CBA last month. I can only assume he's sane and available.

http://www.court-side.com/news/blog/johan-petro-departs-guangsha-lions/

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

I'd much rather have Petro, though it does worry me he got cut by a CBA team. The CBA is where marginal players become All Stars.

As for Ivan, I don't think he was trying to get waived. He apologized to the coach, and I think that means he knows he's running out of options.

Welp!

So, there's that.

~lw3

Welp!

So, there's that.

~lw3

Ivan is that dude.

• Like 1