Super Bowl XLVII: Broncos vs Seahawks

WraithSentinel

Super Bowl XLVII: Broncos vs Seahawks  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've got Denver as Seattle just isn't the same team on the road. Should be a terrific game though and I expect it will be decided by 10 points or less but I'm going with Denver here... although I hope Seattle wins.

As to what Sherman said I can't hate on him if Crabtree was really talking crap about his family and stuff. He was just hyped up in the moment and said what was on his mind. Any of us who've played competitive sports knows that sorta stuff is common.

• Moderators

Stay classy Sherm. It's one thing to be competitive, but it's another to be a punk. No need to get in player's faces and all of the hand gesture stuff. He needs to take a page out of the Barry Sanders handbook on how to hold yourself on the football field. Go out there, do your job, and then go home. He is moving up in my most hated NFL teams/players/coaches list. lol

1. Roman Harper

2. New Orleans Saints

3. Michael Vick

4. Rex Ryan

5. Oakland Raiders

6. DeSean Jackson

7. Dez Bryant

8. Baltimore Ravens

9. Richard Sherman

10. Dallas Cowboys

It was just the excitement I he moment. H made the play to send his team to the Super Bowl, we can't tell him how to act in that moment bc none of us have ever experienced that. I know in my experience with sports I've lost it a couple of times on big plays and it was no where near that kind of moment....leave the guy alone

• Like 1

Personally, I like it. I like the trash talking and gesturing guys like him and Johnny football do. This isn't golf, these guys go out and try to crush each other on the field. Why should they obligated to give cookie cutter responses just because a certain segment of America wants them to be humble churchmouses.

• Like 1

Nobody enjoyed watching the Pats fall more than me, especially behind the awful arm of Brady and those ducks he was lobbing 10 yards away from his receivers. I almost had a nervous breakdown when Aikman? said of a pass that sailed over the open receivers outstretched hands "he threw it too perfectly". Wipe that Brady DNA off your mouth. Losing record in the playoffs since Spygate is it? And I love Belichick, but the remarks about Welker were ridiculous and way out of character.The Seahawks are a great defense, but they going up against the Greatest Ever. I think Peyton carves up their basic triangle shell they like to run. Sherman freelances off of it, so Peyton will play a little chess with him and Earl Thomas. They're good, but Manning has seen and beat much better. I don't expect the Broncos to shut down Beast Mode like they did Blount, but John Fox (probably the most underrated coach going) is a defensive guy and will not allow him to run wild. He definitely won't allow Wilson to do anything more than his couple big plays and 200 all purpose yards. Just too many weapons for The Sheriff to spray it around to. Broncos by 10.

Edited by benhillboy

Personally, I like it. I like the trash talking and gesturing guys like him and Johnny football do. This isn't golf, these guys go out and try to crush each other on the field. Why should they obligated to give cookie cutter responses just because a certain segment of America wants them to be humble churchmouses.

Let the church say amen. It's something about Sherman where I have no problem with his mouthing off at all. For one, it's funny. Two, I haven't heard one person, even those who don't like him, say he doesn't fully back it up. He can take it, too. Roddy burnt him for a long TD in the playoffs last year, barked at him, and Sherman fully accepted it. I heard someone on the radio say he did a better job at marketing the two games between San Fran and Seattle next year than any multimillion dollar advertising, and he damn sure did. And how much does it suck to be Crabtree right now? You're at home, mediocre, and irrelevant until you play Seattle next season. Edited by benhillboy

Nobody enjoyed watching the Pats fall more than me, especially behind the awful arm of Brady and those ducks he was lobbing 10 yards away from his receivers. I almost had a nervous breakdown when Aikman? said of a pass that sailed over the open receivers outstretched hands "he threw it too perfectly". Wipe that Brady DNA off your mouth. Losing record in the playoffs since Spygate is it? And I love Belichick, but the remarks about Welker were ridiculous and way out of character.The Seahawks are a great defense, but they going up against the Greatest Ever. I think Peyton carves up their basic triangle shell they like to run. Sherman freelances off of it, so Peyton will play a little chess with him and Earl Thomas. They're good, but Manning has seen and beat much better. I don't expect the Broncos to shut down Beast Mode like they did Blount, but John Fox (probably the most underrated coach going) is a defensive guy and will not allow him to run wild. He definitely won't allow Wilson to do anything more than his couple big plays and 200 all purpose yards. Just too many weapons for The Sheriff to spray it around to. Broncos by 10.

Hmm I'm willing to bet that I enjoyed it just as much as you. The only loss I've ever enjoyed more (aside from the Phins beating the Pasties) was them losing their perfect record in the Super Bowl... but this one is right there just behind it. I hate the Pats more than any team in the league and love seeing them lose in big games.

Me either nothing profane... a few seconds after the clock hits all zeros, he still had so much adrenaline. I wouldn't have did a choke gesture, or a sacrastic gimme some dap at that time, but I think it's good to have someone wearing a "black hat", similar to Mahorn, Rodman and Laimbeer.

For the old timers like me around here, this is the only opinion that really matters about Richard Sherman's rant.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24415840/richard-sherman-rant-gets-wwe-treatment-mean-gene-not-impressed

Two days after the Seahawks beat the 49ers -- and the postgame rant from Richard Sherman that followed -- and we're still talking about Seattle's cornerback and his bold words forMichael Crabtree.

Naturally, Sherman -- who has since apologized for his screaming -- is in the stage where the Internet does humorous things to his rant.

Like, for instance, putting him on the screen Mean Gene Okerlund. Someone did just that (via the Sporting News) and the result is an old-school WWE style promo.

Despite the fact that Sherman's antics fit perfectly with a wrestling-style setup, Okerlund himself is taking a very McKayla Maroney attitude towards the whole thing.

"He does not cut a promo like the Iron Sheik,” Mean Gene told the New Jersey Star-Ledger. “He cannot hold a candle to Nature Boy Ric Flair, either.

“I have heard so many rants and raves over the past 43 years, and quite honestly, Richard will have to do better than that."

Man, talk about a tough audience. Those dudes were trying. Sherman just kind of went nuts off the cuff. Also: HIS SPORT IS REAL.

• Moderators

NEW YORK —

Richard Sherman is a hit with baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron.

The former major league home run king tweeted his support for the Seahawks' cornerback, who has received criticism for his rant against San Francisco receiver Michael Crabtree following Seattle's victory over the 49ers in Sunday's NFC championship game.

In a tweet on Tuesday, Aaron told Sherman to "hang in there & keep playing as well as you did Sunday. Excellent job - you have my support."

Sherman thanked Aaron in a tweet, saying "your support is greatly appreciated and very humbling."

The cornerback has written for mmqb.si.com for most of the season, and on Monday wrote that he's not a villainous person and that his postgame interview with Fox reporter Erin Andrews stemmed from adrenaline and his dislike for Crabtree.

The story that will not die. I'm guessing Crabtree could really give a crap at this point. Not sure why Hank got involved but if you're good with Hank you're good with me.