• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis just did this

anxietyreigns

Why? Are these images from the PS4 that ugly?

No not at all I've just been putting off getting a next gen console and I'm getting the itch now. I am a loyal Xbox guy and I haven't gone out and gotten the XB1 yet. There's only 1 reason I'd get the PS4 and that's for MLB The Show and I'm hoping the XB1 will finally get a good baseball game this year to compete.

• Like 1

Why? Are these images from the PS4 that ugly?

I wouldn't judge the graphics capabilities of any game/console on twice-compressed images, but to each his own.

No not at all I've just been putting off getting a next gen console and I'm getting the itch now. I am a loyal Xbox guy and I haven't gone out and gotten the XB1 yet. There's only 1 reason I'd get the PS4 and that's for MLB The Show and I'm hoping the XB1 will finally get a good baseball game this year to compete.

Don't scratch yet, I've had the PS4 since launch and the One since Christmas and it's all pretty mediocre. 2K's decent, but there's no must own titles on either console at this point. If you didn't have a PS3 last gen, you could find some great value playing the titles you missed out on.

I wouldn't judge the graphics capabilities of any game/console on twice-compressed images, but to each his own.

Don't scratch yet, I've had the PS4 since launch and the One since Christmas and it's all pretty mediocre. 2K's decent, but there's no must own titles on either console at this point. If you didn't have a PS3 last gen, you could find some great value playing the titles you missed out on.

Yeah I haven't had a Playstation since the PS2. I know at some point I'm going to get the XB1, the question is whether or not it's going to make any significant improvements in the next 6 months or come down in price enough to make me want to wait. The only games I usually get are Madden and 2K and I put off 2K this year since I was pretty much only playing Madden up until Christmas. So if I were to get it I would just be getting 2K14 right now and playing that until Madden (or possibly 2K football?) comes out... unless there's a new baseball series coming out.

Well looky here at what's coming back to the consoles... old school RBI Baseball is back after a 20 year break! This game was so much fun back in the day. Nothing more than a teaser from MLB right now but apparently it's being developed in house. Seems that there won't be a 2K baseball game anymore, which is fine since theirs sucked anyway. Looks like it's get a PS4 as well to play MLB The Show or just play RBI baseball on the XB1.

http://rbigame.mlb.com/rbigame/home.jsp

PS4 blows the xbox out of the water. I don't know why anyone would say different. And yes, I noticed the new Pac man style logo and I would kill to see that on the actual jerseys instead of the generic "Atlanta" on them.

I say different because I have and play both..xbox1 is superior..no questionedit to add.. I do not play sports games period , xbox , ps , or wii uI just find sports games dull .. nba live , madden or whatever Edited by IheartFerry

Well you bastards got me to go out and blow $700 tonight on a new XB1 plus controllers and 2k14. Just waiting for what seems like forever to install the game but it's going to let me play a quick game here in just a minute while it's installing. The whole Kinect process is really freaking cool and blows the old Kinect on the 360 out of the water. I mean man it's neat being able to walk into the room and have it recognize me and sign me in.

• Like 2

As owner of both consoles... xbox1 is superior , not saying ps4 is bad but I prefer the smooth operation of xbox1 and the graphics are a toss up..

You're on the money when you mention smoother operation given the Kinect technology, which is surprisingly starting to grow on me. Navigating through the UI is very polished and fluid and works wonders with live television, but you shouldn't dismiss a major fault in the One by simply calling it a "toss up." It's a huge understatement and Microsoft clearly messed up in going with the lesser graphics card paired up with bottle necking DDR3+ESRAM. The fact that we're just a minute into the life span of this generation and already you can make a list of multi-plats which run at higher resolution and FPS on the PS4 is a pretty big deal. This isn't something that can be fixed as the hardware's in place and it's not going to get any better from here on out.

The good thing is specs and fancy particle effects aren't the primary focus of the One and it can get away with this because of its superiority as an all-around media device. The exclusives aren't to boot either and with Titanfall right around the corner, many people are going to have their reason to buy into the next gen of Xbox. With all that being said, I'm satisfied with both and can't wait for all the AAA titles to start rolling.

Edited by SmooveZilla

• Premium Member

I say different because I have and play both..xbox1 is superior..no questionedit to add.. I do not play sports games period , xbox , ps , or wii uI just find sports games dull .. nba live , madden or whatever

You are utterly wrong. The PS4 has literally much better hardware and graphics, the multiplayer stuff is the same as on Xbox and you can get more bang for your buck for PS plus membership. It is also cheaper. You can't beat that. The graphics are BETTER on PS4 than on Xbox and you don't have to worry about red lights of death on a Playstation.

..... and you can get more bang for your buck for PS plus membership.....

A thousand times this, the value you get from a 1 year PS Plus subscription is staggering. I still have a hard time believing the amount and the quality of the free content that's thrown our way every month. January's free games alone would have easily retailed above $400.

• Like 1