Get what you can for Teague and Lou

GameTime

• Premium Member

Say no to Stuckey...first he is not close to Teague in talent and he is just another undersized scoring guard.

Havn't we learned over the years .... NO MORE UNDERSIZED SHOOTING GUARDS!!!!!

If his deal expires at the end of the year that's the only reason to do it. He gives us a decent starting shooting guard for the rest of the year then his deal is off the books.

• Premium Member

Considering that Holliday fetched 2 lotto picks last draft after scrubbing it up for the second half of the season, Teague has SOME value. Not sure what though. I think we'll probably use him to move up in the draft.

With his contract, the abundance of quality point guards in the league on virtually every team and with the higher than normal value placed on first round picks in this draft, I doubt Teague is going to entice a team to give up a quality pick. Ferry is going to try for sure. But I just don't see any teams biting. Hope I'm wrong though.

With his contract, the abundance of quality point guards in the league on virtually every team and with the higher than normal value placed on first round picks in this draft, I doubt Teague is going to entice a team to give up a quality pick. Ferry is going to try for sure. But I just don't see any teams biting. Hope I'm wrong though.

I doubt we'll straight up just get 2 lotto picks for him, but we could pair him with our 1st to move up to like the 8-10 range or something.

• Premium Member

I doubt we'll straight up just get 2 lotto picks for him, but we could pair him with our 1st to move up to like the 8-10 range or something.

I seriously doubt Teague and a much later first rounder is going to get the Hawks anywhere near 8-10 in this draft. A pick in that range in this draft very well could yield a far superior player than Teague and teams know it.

Say no to Stuckey...first he is not close to Teague in talent and he is just another undersized scoring guard.

Havn't we learned over the years .... NO MORE UNDERSIZED SHOOTING GUARDS!!!!!

6'5" 210 is not undersized in the least for SG in the league. It's actually right about average.

Considering that Holliday fetched 2 lotto picks last draft after scrubbing it up for the second half of the season, Teague has SOME value. Not sure what though. I think we'll probably use him to move up in the draft.

Holiday had an All Star selection attached to his name which pushed up his perceived value. People tend to go gaga when you say "you're trading for an All Star!" over just saying you're trading for a guy who put up similar stats.

You know... I always liked Teague... He has the game... he is sooo quick... he can get into the lane at will and he has a decent jumper. Why does he disappear so often? Ugh... It's the same thing over and over... no heart... I'm sorry... but he has no heart. Marvin had the skill... no heart... same thing but not to the same degree. Teague wont ever live up to his potential.I had hoped that when Josh was gone and Teague got his big deal he would step up... he has to a certain extent... I mean if you look at his stats they aren't bad... but why is he on the bench in crunch time recently? He has no heart. Pure and simple... The Zero he wears is looking more and more appropriate. How on earth could a player with his speed and talent be so pointless. He can get into the lane at will like i said... he is quicker than almost any guard he faces... he has floaters and a decent jumper in his arsenal yet he continues to disappoint. In all honesty... from what I have seen from him just based on talent alone...He should be an elite point guard in the NBA yet he gets benched in crunch time??? What does that tell you? NO HEART...put Paul Millsap's heart in Jeff's body and He would be an All Star every year... or Mike Scott's heart.. or Shelvin Mack's heart.... or Damarre Carrol's heart. Zero is living up to his number... all the talent... none of the heart.

In all honesty can we talk about this? We see Teague game in game out... we know that he has elite quickness... he has the ability to rack up assists... he has the ability to score... he could be 20 and 10 easily... and be a factor at the end of games... why isn't he??? It's maddening to see a guy so gifted go out there and disappear all the time and not live up to their potential. I am not even doo dooing on Teague really... I have said over and over I think he is capable of being an elite player in the NBA and has all the tools... I think he could kill a lot of other so called " elite " guards off the dribble and blow by them but why is he always so disappointing. It is just hard to swallow to see such great potential and so little results. I say trade him... please trade him if at all possible because I'm sick of watching talent go to waste.

Lou is a different story... Lou is what he is... he is the guy that comes off the bench and can put up 30 from time to time. Lou was never supposed to be our star guard. He was supposed to be a 6th man like he has always been. Obviously he had an injury which was not his fault... but I'm not ready to write off Lou... he is still recovering... and he is still capable of scoring in bunches. So get off Lou's back...

I would trade Teague for almost nothing just to get rid of his contract and his inability to live up to his talent. The Hawks keep winning... its kind of crazy but guys we are 4th in the East... I know the East sucks... but we have players on this team that play their asses off. I'm so happy for Millsap... he has deserved to be an All Star in the past but he never got the credit. Millsap is a beast... we got him for almost nothing in terms of contract. Easily the best free agent signing of the offseason when you factor in production vs money. He is easily better than Josh Smith... I was a Josh Smith fan... I always wanted him to reach his potential just like Teague... but Josh... he couldn't be the player he was supposed to be. He wanted to be like Lebron-lite or something but he didn't have the game. I will give Josh some credit where its due... he is a very underrated passer... dude can pass... when he wants to...If he would only play the game he is destined to play.... power forward... but a dynamic power forward who can pass and block shots and score... he would be a great player... he doesn't want to be that... so good riddance.

I'm rambling and I hardly ever post although I read the board every day... The last thing I want to say is this... Dennis is our future point guard. I bought the NBA summer league package so I could watch him play. He doesn't get many minutes right now... but when the ball is in his hands...man... he is electric. He glides with the ball. Seriously... watching Dennis with the ball and how he moves... it's almost like poetry haha The kid has it... and we are lucky the Hawks drafted him. He has something that can't be taught... Dennis is going to be super good. Maybe not next year but his time will come and he is going to be really good. He just moves differently with the ball... it's almost like he is gliding around the court... and when he throws a pass its like effortless... :) just saying... Dennis is the truth... don't be surprised when he is our starting point guard.

• Like 3

I`d be great if we could trade Teague and Lou. Find a team that is very desperate for a point guard (that doesn`t know of Teague`s lack of fire, spirit, skills) and get a decent wing or 2 guard who can score and play decent defense.

It`s time to just go with Dennis the Menace at point. I can`t stand to watch Teague`s crap anymore.

• Like 1