• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Lowe about the Hawks in trade deadline

Ebert

Jeffy was a free agent like 8 months ago. He did not get an offer from a team above $8 million. Only one team, aside from us, valued him at $8 million. All of the sudden teams now believe he is worth at least $8.15 million? OK!

Okay let's pretend like him being a RFA didn't have anything to do with his offers or lack thereof. Careful not to swallow too much sand!

• Like 1

Okay let's pretend like him being a RFA didn't have anything to do with his offers or lack thereof. Careful not to swallow too much sand!

Oh yes Dolfan, I totally forgot about that one!

Yawn. I'm just going to sit back and watch people freak out over nothing. This is exactly the idiotic type of response that Zach Lowe is looking for. Just reread his f***ing snippet on the Hawks. He talks in circles, he has no sources, he is talking straight from his ass. He fails to address any issues that involve Jeff Teague and his status in trades. He does that because he doesn't know about it. You think he spends enough time on all 30 teams to understand what is going on? Sure. Go ahead and believe that if that is what you want.

How many times do people have to be dragged through trade rumors before they realize how pointless this stuff is? It is like Atlanta and snow storms, you give it a year and they (the government) is going to fall asleep at the wheel. You have back to back snow storms in a month? You bet they will make changes the second time around. Maybe I can convince people how pointless this is (a Jeff Teague rumor) on February 21st, but hell if I can on February 11th.

• Premium Member

first...we can't trade JT to the Bucks anyway and second Knight is not a good pg. He can score but he can't run an offense at all. There is a reason why the Pistons just let him go. The Bucks are still in need of a point guard badly.

I was referring to the offseason when the restriction of him being dealt to the Bucks is lifted. In addition, Brandon Knight is not soo terrible that Bucks management is going to want to bring in Teague at 8 million per.

• Premium Member

Still doesn't make sense.. Ferry would be a horrible realtor. I rather let him walk than to gamble. Furthermore, no general manager would match a players offer and then trade them in the first year. You guys are falling for the Josh Smith Media Ropa-dope..

I wouldn't be so quick to conclude that. Ferry DID offer Josh a 3 yr, 45 million dollar deal prior to last season. So, not every idea Ferry tries to run with is a good one.

• Premium Member

I also want Teague gone but I have to scratch my head a little here. Riddle me this: If Ferry wasn't sold on Teague why match him to the Bucks offer? Possible answer: He liked Teague enough to see what he would do under Bud or he wanted to keep Teague as a trade chip for this upcoming offseason But that kinda raises this point: Why match a guy you aren't sold on in the first place? This is literally the golden age of point guard in the NBA. Almost every time has an All star to solid PG already. If you keep a guy just to flip him you have to presume he will have trade value enough to warrant the risk. I just don't see how Ferry could have realistically looked at the market last offseason and decided to keep Teague unless he believed enough in him to keep him. As much as it kills me to say it.

I really think it all ties back to making the playoffs. At the time, keeping Teague was the best option in trying to accomplish that short term goal.

Hopefully Teague makes a list like he is Dwight Howard and gives it to Ferry of the teams he will sign off on being traded to. He should do this simply as a middle finger to Ferry and all so-called authorities who do stupid shi+ just because they have the right to do it and no-one will oppose them. A big middle finger to the system of piggish lawyers, doctors, nurses, law enforcement, judges, and politicians that are ruining not only America but the world.

• Premium Member

If you package Teague with another player , lets say Sap for example , still think he is stuck in ATL?People need to look at the bigger picture here . Sap is expendable cause we are not winning crap this year with him , or without him.. Lets say a package of Teague and Sap to Houston for Asik , filler and pick..Teague is very tradeable , and Sapor Al playing Pf?

With Al out, I would like to see the Hawks become sellers on this season, but perhaps it's too late for that.

I would like to have Asik in the ATL, but there is not a snowball's chance I would move Teague and Millsap to Houston for him and filler.

Morey would jump on that deal in a millisecond.

Sap and Teague should net us a star. Sap is having a career all-star year and really does everything at the PF. Both of them should net us a Harden-like deal.

Hopefully Teague makes a list like he is Dwight Howard and gives it to Ferry of the teams he will sign off on being traded to. He should do this simply as a middle finger to Ferry and all so-called authorities who do stupid shi+ just because they have the right to do it and no-one will oppose them. A big middle finger to the system of piggish lawyers, doctors, nurses, law enforcement, judges, and politicians that are ruining not only America but the world.

Looks like he is already giving the finger to Ferry and the Hawks organization with his play. I know Teague isn't this bad. He never was an elite shooter but it seems like he is missing bunnies on purpose at times. Very passive-aggressive.

Oh yes Dolfan, I totally forgot about that one!

Yawn. I'm just going to sit back and watch people freak out over nothing. This is exactly the idiotic type of response that Zach Lowe is looking for. Just reread his f***ing snippet on the Hawks. He talks in circles, he has no sources, he is talking straight from his ass. He fails to address any issues that involve Jeff Teague and his status in trades. He does that because he doesn't know about it. You think he spends enough time on all 30 teams to understand what is going on? Sure. Go ahead and believe that if that is what you want.

How many times do people have to be dragged through trade rumors before they realize how pointless this stuff is? It is like Atlanta and snow storms, you give it a year and they (the government) is going to fall asleep at the wheel. You have back to back snow storms in a month? You bet they will make changes the second time around. Maybe I can convince people how pointless this is (a Jeff Teague rumor) on February 21st, but hell if I can on February 11th.

I see no harm in discussing a potential trade of a guy who could very well be on the trade block or at the very least our GM is open to trading. I'm sure Zach Lowe doesn't sleep with the CBA under his pillow and hasn't studied the cap situation of all 30 teams or doesn't know the inner thoughts of every GM but I don't need him to tell us every tiny bit of detail about a trade when he's just suggesting something might be out there. Who needs that when we've got :sun: to break it all down for us :)

With Al out, I would like to see the Hawks become sellers on this season, but perhaps it's too late for that.

Too late to get a real good shot at a top 5 pick but we could easily miss the playoffs this year if we start dumping quality players and who knows maybe the lottery God's will smile on us again... although it was a bit of a smirky smile in 2007 when we got to keep our pick and got Al but just missed Durant by 1 spot.

I see no harm in discussing a potential trade of a guy who could very well be on the trade block or at the very least our GM is open to trading. I'm sure Zach Lowe doesn't sleep with the CBA under his pillow and hasn't studied the cap situation of all 30 teams or doesn't know the inner thoughts of every GM but I don't need him to tell us every tiny bit of detail about a trade when he's just suggesting something might be out there. Who needs that when we've got Posted Image to break it all down for us Posted Image

Can we talk about Bigfoot in this thread too? I mean, we have not disproved the chance that he could be out there...

To me that is what this thread is boiling down to, Zach Lowe talking out of his ass about bigfoot and me showing why bigfoot is not there. Whatever, I'm spending too much time explaining to people why staring into the sun is a bad idea. I guess its the "there is no Santa" side of me coming out. I need a drink.

Teague for Bigfoot. I like it. Does Bigfoot play center? Better yet, Teage and Milsap for Bigfoot. Then we can lose out the rest of the year, have no fans show up at the games, and Bigfoot will think he's back home in the woods hiding out.

Chris Vivlamore

I am told Bigfoot.....

Edited by Randy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Teague for Bigfoot. I like it. Does Bigfoot play center? Better yet, Teage and Milsap for Bigfoot. Then we can lose out the rest of the year, have no fans show up at the games, and Bigfoot will think he's back home in the woods hiding out.

I would trade for Bigfoot. The guy is rumored to be what 8 to 9 feet tall, crazy strong and aggressive. I'm sure we could coach that up.

• Premium Member

Too late to get a real good shot at a top 5 pick but we could easily miss the playoffs this year if we start dumping quality players and who knows maybe the lottery God's will smile on us again... although it was a bit of a smirky smile in 2007 when we got to keep our pick and got Al but just missed Durant by 1 spot.

I agree it's too late to secure a top 5 pick, but at this point, I'd be content to get a lottery pick even if it's not a top one. This team needs all the valuable assets it can get.

Can we talk about Bigfoot in this thread too? I mean, we have not disproved the chance that he could be out there... To me that is what this thread is boiling down to, Zach Lowe talking out of his ass about bigfoot and me showing why bigfoot is not there. Whatever, I'm spending too much time explaining to people why staring into the sun is a bad idea. I guess its the "there is no Santa" side of me coming out. I need a drink.

So you're equating a player possibly being traded, a player who is actually trade able, to some mythical ridiculously not real creature. Mmmkay

So you're equating a player possibly being traded, a player who is actually trade able, to some mythical ridiculously not real creature. Mmmkay

Or you could re-read what I have said about Teague. He is just as trade-able as bigfoot is believable. I mean, it *could* happen. Sure. And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

And if you want to stare at the sun, wear these :sun: as they will help.