• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Lowe about the Hawks in trade deadline

Ebert

I know folks aren't happy with Teague's recent play but if we do roll with Mack and Schröder the rest of the way I think we will have some problems. I'm not saying that's the wrong move but Schröder is raw and will have a lot of mistakes to work through. Mack has come down to earth recently too the way Teague did from his earlier play. I'm not convinced we will move Teague but I can see some teams that might be interested.

You do understand Teague is shooting 20% from 3 and 37% from the field lately (Jan and Feb). We really can't get much worse. Teague has simply given up on being even a good PG because it is not like he doesn't have the talent or athleticism.

• Like 1

We don't need to be better post-trade than we are now. We might be looking to move Jeff to give Mack and Dennis the reigns and allow them to grow, while getting us a quality veteran or young player at another position or a draft pick for the future. I see a scenario where a playoff caliber team needing a PG for the stretch run giving us a contract of a player they can part with and within spitting distance of Jeff's and a future pick.

Yes I think there are a number of teams without 2 young guys at PG sitting on the bench who'd value Jeff at 8.15 million.

I never said that. I said make us better, it is an implied Present Value sense.

I don't want to rewrite what I have done already to show how unlikely this is. And for all those saying how malcontent Jeff is in being in Atlanta (which is a report from some journalist trying to sell page clicks), then I point you here:

“It’s a process,” Teague said. “I understood that going into it. I was a restricted free agent and I knew that all along. I was happy either way. I’m glad to be back in Atlanta. It’s been home for four years. It’s time to get back to work.

“There is no bad blood. We are all professionals.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jeff-teague-told-d-stay-atlanta-hawks-while-164805994.html

Oh my! A journalist with an article trying to sell page clicks that says Jeff enjoys Atlanta! Now gee, which one should we assume is the true one? The most recent one, that Jeff enjoys Atlanta? Or the one further in the past?

I doubt anyone here has inside information to how Jeffy likes Atlanta or not, so how about we throw that lame excuse away, ok? It works both ways, he is happy or he isn't.

Highly doubt Milwaukee wants Teague now as they moved on and got Brandon Knight. They're also not interested in doing anything to add salary or help them win now as they are in full tank mode.Bottom line, Ferry was the one who gave Teague the contract knowing good and well what type of player he is and what type of personality he has (passive, non-leader).

We couldn't trade him to Milwaukee this year no matter what anyway. He might have also felt that Teague might be better than he's been without Josh Smith holding him back.

I know folks aren't happy with Teague's recent play but if we do roll with Mack and Schröder the rest of the way I think we will have some problems. I'm not saying that's the wrong move but Schröder is raw and will have a lot of mistakes to work through. Mack has come down to earth recently too the way Teague did from his earlier play. I'm not convinced we will move Teague but I can see some teams that might be interested.

No doubt and I'm ready to see Mack and Schröder learn the ropes while we're in the middle of a season without Horford.

• Like 1

I never said that. I said make us better, it is an implied Present Value sense.

I don't want to rewrite what I have done already to show how unlikely this is. And for all those saying how malcontent Jeff is in being in Atlanta (which is a report from some journalist trying to sell page clicks), then I point you here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jeff-teague-told-d-stay-atlanta-hawks-while-164805994.html

Oh my! A journalist with an article trying to sell page clicks that says Jeff enjoys Atlanta! Now gee, which one should we assume is the true one? The most recent one, that Jeff enjoys Atlanta? Or the one further in the past?

I doubt anyone here has inside information to how Jeffy likes Atlanta or not, so how about we throw that lame excuse away, ok? It works both ways, he is happy or he isn't.

And again I reply that we don't have to be better after the trade. Unless you want to get into saying that the potential future assets from a trade are what would define us right now as being better, which I disagree with.

I'm not saying Jeff is a malcontent, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wanted out. Especially after there were strong rumors that he didn't want Atlanta to match and I can't remember seeing anything from him that convinced me otherwise after we matched.

Still doesn't make sense.. Ferry would be a horrible realtor. I rather let him walk than to gamble. Furthermore, no general manager would match a players offer and then trade them in the first year. You guys are falling for the Josh Smith Media Ropa-dope..

8 million per for the guy we saw at the beginning of the season is a hell of a bargain. At that point he was the best PG in the East and we could have moved him to a number of teams with ease. I'm quite certain most of those teams would still take a chance on him as well. It's not like he's a cancer and intentionally sabotages his own success like Josh Smith did. This is still a talented player worth something in this league where good PGs are few and far between.

When Jeff signed the offer sheet with Milwaukee, he probably didn't think the Bucks would be the worst team in the league. If Ferry is trying to move him and if other teams are interested (two big ifs), my guess is that Teague would only accept a trade to a contender (or one of the western near-contenders). It seems unlikely to me but I wouldn't mind moving him.

When Jeff signed the offer sheet with Milwaukee, he probably didn't think the Bucks would be the worst team in the league. If Ferry is trying to move him and if other teams are interested (two big ifs), my guess is that Teague would only accept a trade to a contender (or one of the western near-contenders). It seems unlikely to me but I wouldn't mind moving him.

I question whether or not Jeff really cares about winning. Far too often he just seems disinterested and I wonder whether it really matters to him or not. I think Jeff would go just about anywhere as long as he got his minutes and could get his shots.

• Like 1

Jeffy was a free agent like 8 months ago. He did not get an offer from a team above $8 million. Only one team, aside from us, valued him at $8 million. All of the sudden teams now believe he is worth at least $8.15 million? OK!

I think Teague would ok a trade to the Harlem Globetrotters if we had a deal in place. Body language is a huge part of communication and Teague's body language suggests that he hates our guts and has had it with us. I wouldn't be surprised if Teague and Ferry had an under table agreement when the contract was signed this summer that if its not working for either party, we part ways and agree to a trade. We shall see.

• Moderators

Jeffy was a free agent like 8 months ago. He did not get an offer from a team above $8 million. Only one team, aside from us, valued him at $8 million. All of the sudden teams now believe he is worth at least $8.15 million? OK!

Not that many teams had room to sign him for that amount but they can all trade for him.

Not that I would argue many teams value Jeff at $8.15 million, but I think he would have had more suitors if he had been an unrestricted free agent.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I also want Teague gone but I have to scratch my head a little here.

Riddle me this:

If Ferry wasn't sold on Teague why match him to the Bucks offer?

Possible answer: He liked Teague enough to see what he would do under Bud or he wanted to keep Teague as a trade chip for this upcoming offseason

But that kinda raises this point:

Why match a guy you aren't sold on in the first place? This is literally the golden age of point guard in the NBA. Almost every time has an All star to solid PG already. If you keep a guy just to flip him you have to presume he will have trade value enough to warrant the risk.

I just don't see how Ferry could have realistically looked at the market last offseason and decided to keep Teague unless he believed enough in him to keep him. As much as it kills me to say it.

• Like 2

I also want Teague gone but I have to scratch my head a little here. Riddle me this: If Ferry wasn't sold on Teague why match him to the Bucks offer? Possible answer: He liked Teague enough to see what he would do under Bud or he wanted to keep Teague as a trade chip for this upcoming offseason But that kinda raises this point: Why match a guy you aren't sold on in the first place? This is literally the golden age of point guard in the NBA. Almost every time has an All star to solid PG already. If you keep a guy just to flip him you have to presume he will have trade value enough to warrant the risk. I just don't see how Ferry could have realistically looked at the market last offseason and decided to keep Teague unless he believed enough in him to keep him. As much as it kills me to say it.

Exactly!
  • Like 1

I question whether or not Jeff really cares about winning. Far too often he just seems disinterested and I wonder whether it really matters to him or not. I think Jeff would go just about anywhere as long as he got his minutes and could get his shots.

I agree that his body language doesn't always suggest he wants to win, but I think most NBA players prefer winning to losing. If he's not going to get more money or more minutes, I don't see him accepting a trade from a playoff team to a losing team (especially since he should be entering his prime).

If you package Teague with another player , lets say Sap for example , still think he is stuck in ATL?People need to look at the bigger picture here . Sap is expendable cause we are not winning crap this year with him , or without him.. Lets say a package of Teague and Sap to Houston for Asik , filler and pick..Teague is very tradeable , and Sapor Al playing Pf?

As much as we have been disappointed with Jeff's play he is still much better the player than Mack or Dennis.

The truth be told we do not know this to be true about Dennis.. I mean you have to give the guy time on the floor before to prove what he can do.