• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I no longer understand ferry or bud at this point....

JTB

IM NOT THROWING IN THE TOWEL ON FERRY!....he needs atleast another 1.5 years until I really see the writing on the wall. But dammit what are these guys doing? I'm just trying to understand the path to what ferry is trying to create here.Seriously I'm confused. I thought ferry purposely signed these players to decent contracts so that they can be easily moved by trade....was that not the plan?At the absolute least we can start Dennis to officially start his development if we aren't going to make a big splash on the trade market....please? (That would make me happy)

IM NOT THROWING IN THE TOWEL ON FERRY!....he needs atleast another 1.5 years until I really see the writing on the wall. But dammit what are these guys doing? I'm just trying to understand the path to what ferry is trying to create here.

Seriously I'm confused. I thought ferry purposely signed these players to decent contracts so that they can be easily moved by trade....was that not the plan?

At the absolute least we can start Dennis to officially start his development if we aren't going to make a big splash on the trade market....please? (That would make me happy)

I don't recall Ferry EVER saying that. Someone threw that out and it became the mantra on the Squawk that was Ferry's plan.

Did he sign Milsap to a reasonable deal? Yes. That is all.

I don't recall Ferry EVER saying that. Someone threw that out and it became the mantra on the Squawk that was Ferry's plan.

Did he sign Milsap to a reasonable deal? Yes. That is all.

Yes, I think because we don't have any poison pill contracts; we have all read into that as easily moved contracts. But with the Horford injury, I also think that changed Ferry's plans for this year as well.

None of us know what his plans are or were. We do know our contracts are all decent; and therefore there are some teams that would like to have one or two of them.

Yes, I think because we don't have any poison pill contracts; we have all read into that as easily moved contracts. But with the Horford injury, I also think that changed Ferry's plans for this year as well. None of us know what his plans are or were. We do know our contracts are all decent; and therefore there are some teams that would like to have one or two of them.

Just because the contracts are easily moved doesn't make them worth moving if you are getting crap offers for them. Better to keep them on board.

it takes a least two to tango. Just because Ferry hasn't made a move doesn't mean he hasn't tried. Current evidence suggests there isn't a good market for trades,yet. This "loaded" draft has really skewed what teams want to do. Only a few teams in the East even want to try to make the playoffs. Teams in the West that are in the playoff race tend to be set at PG and PF; thus, the Hawks potential trade partners are somewhat limited given the assets Ferry could move now.

It's not Ferry. There just aren't good players getting moved. Well maybe Hawes would have been good for us.

It's more than just getting Hawes for right now. He is due for a contract as an RFA next season. Does Ferry view him as a long term solution at some dollar amount going forward or let him leave for nothing after giving up 2 2nd rounders for him? If he gets an offer, would Ferry feel obligated to match even if it's some crazy nbr? Or do we facilitate a SnT and getting back bad contracts?We can't be short sighted in our thinking of well it's the trade deadline so we have to do something.Do we really need another perimeter shooting Big? Edited by JayBirdHawk

it takes a least two to tango. Just because Ferry hasn't made a move doesn't mean he hasn't tried. Current evidence suggests there isn't a good market for trades,yet. This "loaded" draft has really skewed what teams want to do. Only a few teams in the East even want to try to make the playoffs. Teams in the West that are in the playoff race tend to be set at PG and PF; thus, the Hawks potential trade partners are somewhat limited given the assets Ferry could move now.

Even playoff teams are reluctant to trade their 1st round picks. It's about the draft's potential but also the CBA.

• Moderators

It's more than just getting Hawes for right now. He is due for a contract as an RFA next season. Does Ferry view him as a long term solution at some dollar amount going forward or let him leave for nothing after giving up 2 2nd rounders for him?If he gets an offer, would Ferry feel obligated to match even if it's some crazy nbr? Or do we facilitate a SnT and getting back bad contracts?We can't be short sighted in our thinking of well it's the trade deadline so we have to do something.Do we really need another perimeter shooting Big?

I agree with you. Still when i saw Hawes moved for picks... We could use warm bodies in the frontcourt at this point but I guess there are cap holds and things like that to consider this summer.

IM NOT THROWING IN THE TOWEL ON FERRY!....he needs atleast another 1.5 years until I really see the writing on the wall. But dammit what are these guys doing? I'm just trying to understand the path to what ferry is trying to create here.Seriously I'm confused. I thought ferry purposely signed these players to decent contracts so that they can be easily moved by trade....was that not the plan?At the absolute least we can start Dennis to officially start his development if we aren't going to make a big splash on the trade market....please? (That would make me happy)

Would be hard for him to move our healthy guys in a trade as we only have what 9 of them? And he's not giving up draft picks for anyone available right now, thankfully. This insane rash of injuries has really put a damper on what we could do. Best we can hope for is the Lakers buckle and move Kaman or Jordan simply for cap relief to us.

I don't recall Ferry EVER saying that. Someone threw that out and it became the mantra on the Squawk that was Ferry's plan.Did he sign Milsap to a reasonable deal? Yes. That is all.

Oh you mean it wasn't some entirely convoluted wink wink ploy to trade Sap for Asik?!
  • Like 2