• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could we make room for Ivan?

Camouflage

Reportedly, their are already a number of teams interested in Ivan the Great again. He has stepped up his game over-seas. I wonder if this option was considered before bringing over Muscala? Would it be a good idea?http://fansided.com/2014/02/28/nba-rumors-ivan-johnson-close-return/

Edited by Camouflage

There are actually a number of teams signing lesser talented players instead of signing Ivan. He's just got too much of a temper for teams to give him a shot. If it weren't for Mike Scott I'd be in favor of it but I don't want to take minutes away from him.

Muscala makes more sense for me, Ivan isn't great he is solid something i hope Muscala can offer too.

Muscala have still room to progress, and in the current situation it isn't bad to develope talent for the future so the time on court is spent well even when we miss the PO(maybe Ivan is a little bit stronger right now, but both ain't difference maker)

Playing in china/korea isn't really a test for player with NBA ambition and in a such situation it is hard to work hard on training etc.(not sure about the training conditions over there to make it worse)

Ivan advantage over Muscala for me is that he is cheaper(no buyout).

Reportedly, their are already a number of teams interested in Ivan the Great again. He has stepped up his game over-seas. I wonder if this option was considered before bringing over Muscala? Would it be a good idea?http://fansided.com/2014/02/28/nba-rumors-ivan-johnson-close-return/

If Ferry wanted him he would have signed him before. Ivan is not coming back.

You guys are pissing me off today....Maybe I'm on my soapbox, but hell.... We're on a free fall...Ivan didn't nothing but play his ass off for us, and he played HARD. I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat considering our injury situation...Plus energy.... we look like a bunch of dead bodies....

You guys are pissing me off today....Maybe I'm on my soapbox, but hell.... We're on a free fall...Ivan didn't nothing but play his ass off for us, and he played HARD. I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat considering our injury situation...Plus energy.... we look like a bunch of dead bodies....

Which is a good thing for us. If we can lose every game from here on out while developing our young guys we will be in great shape.
  • Like 2

Hahaha...I'm not sure how to reply to that Dolf, whether to tank or not....but to call Ivan a head case struck a nerve as a Hawks fan. That dude left everything on the floor....

Hahaha...I'm not sure how to reply to that Dolf, whether to tank or not....but to call Ivan a head case struck a nerve as a Hawks fan. That dude left everything on the floor....

Agreed he's not a head case and he played his butt off for us. I just don't want him getting in the way of our stealth tank.
  • Like 2

I feel really bad for saying this but I couldn't care less what happens for the rest of this season. If we win cool, if we lose cool. It sucks watching a team give 110% effort, just to see them lose. It also sucks not being able to root for them wholeheartedly because I know deep down that losing in the short-term can help us in the long run. I guess I'd be more vested in the team if we saw Schröder (and now Muscala) play more, and Lou play less, but that will come with time.

• Like 3

I feel really bad for saying this but I couldn't care less what happens for the rest of this season. If we win cool, if we lose cool. It sucks watching a team give 110% effort, just to see them lose. It also sucks not being able to root for them wholeheartedly because I know deep down that losing in the short-term can help us in the long run. I guess I'd be more vested in the team if we saw Schröder (and now Muscala) play more, and Lou play less, but that will come with time.

I would root for them and love them the rest of the season if they give 110% effort and lose. It's when they start giving little effort and lose that will bother me. Though I don't see that being an issue with this group of guys.

• Like 2

I would root for them and love them the rest of the season if they give 110% effort and lose. It's when they start giving little effort and lose that will bother me. Though I don't see that being an issue with this group of guys.

I don't think it's fair to cheer them on, yet you want them to lose honorably. Then again if we're heading into the lottery, we might as well head off in style.

I don't think it's fair to cheer them on, yet you want them to lose honorably. Then again if we're heading into the lottery, we might as well head off in style.

I want the young guys to get as much playing time as possible and I want them to lose games that they fought hard in. I know that sounds bad but I want us to get the best possible player we can to add to this team as we'll have some money and good players to for next years team and we can be right back in the thick of the playoff hunt.

• Like 2