Dominique Wilkins takes a stand!

willthepureshooter

I'm pretty sure many are annoyed like I by espns gushing over Lebrons 62 points against the Charlotte Bobcats. Yesterday I pretty much had to keep espn off because of the overly blown coverage. I mean, Carmelo Anthony just scored a Knicks RECORD 62 points a couple of months ago in Madison Square Garden and he didn't get as much coverage as Lebron. Once again, I realized Lebron was being shoved down my throat. All of my friends were buying into the media garbage and I felt like I was in the 'Twilight Zone' (cue the music).. But finally, after going into total seclusion I've found someone that thinks like the rest of us. (Tears) It was our favorite Hawk via Twitter... (drumroll)DOMINIQUE WILKINS!!!!! (Slow claps) Here's the article from yahoo with the Tweets and a little Lebron protection from the writer.. smh.Everything Nique stated is true but no one seems to care about a former players point of view.. <-- sounds like a chorus for a good country song..Here's the link:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/former-nba-superstar-dominique-wilkins-says-lebron-james-scoring-61-points-is-not-so-impressive-004002981.htmlSent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

is it such a big deal in the US?

In the german media, Anthonys 62 game was the bigger story of these too .. if i remember correctly, but it is enough to get noticed but i think this is deserved.

Most record come against bad defense, and matchup nightmare i am quite sure that the defenders had a bad night too when nique set his own record ... But right now we have really really bad defence in the league, Westbrook quickest triple double since 60 years in the NBA shouldn't count, since it was against phily for example Posted Image

Both Melo and Lebron got extremely hot from 3 point range, which bolstered their performances. And they

I loved what Nique did, because he is right. And it was entertaining to see him back in the headlines. Of course, First Take ( namely Skip Bayless ) had to throw some shade at Nique, by saying that Nique never played defense, nor did he ever win a NBA Championship.

Having said that, I hope Nique calls out the Hawks the next time they have a poor defensive performance. Nique has a habit ( during broadcasts ) of picking on particular players. I know the Hawks are crippled by injuries ( like they're the only team who has had injuries this year ), but the defensive efforts of this team at times has been ridiculous.

So while Nique is right, it also a statement that can be made about the team that he watches every night.

• Like 1

Finding it harder and harder to figure out what exactly Kidd-Gilchrist excels at. Defense was supposed to be his calling card but he's let just two opposing Forwards drop 123 points on him. (I know, I know, not just him but that stat is still ridiculous for the Bobcats as a whole)

• Like 1

Why anyone would take the clown Bayless seriously is beyond answers , but I always find it funny when peoplethrow out the ( never won a title ) when it comes to Lebron. Lebron is the epitomy of failing at being an alpha dog imo.Cannot win it on your own just conspire with 2 other superstars to get it done. Hell Nique , Patrick Ewing and Reggie Miller were all failures at getting the main hardware , but they did not act like punks and join a superfriends squad tofinally get it done. Thats right , Lebron just admitted he did not have what it takes and needed Wade plus Bosh to getit done.Yea you are right Skip , Nique never won a title , but atleast he did not stoop to chump lvls like Lebron to get it done.I am sure a team up of Miller , Nique and Ewing would have been hell for MJ and the Bulls to beat , but they thoughtbetter of themselves then to cheap themselves a title , unlike the great King James. JUST A FAILURE AND SELLOUT.Look at Dirk during the Mavs title run. That is what an alpha dog looks like. Even Kobe only had 1 other superstar towin what he has , so Kobe is more the alpha dog then Lebron. Spare me the slob fest

• Like 3

Let's be honest. It's a big deal becuase he's the best player on earth and the face of the NBA. Besides, he made 8 straight three's. Derfense or not, that's impressive. People are making a big deal about his stupid masks....that's more ridiculous.

• Like 1

Let's be honest. It's a big deal becuase he's the best player on earth and the face of the NBA. Besides, he made 8 straight three's. Derfense or not, that's impressive. People are making a big deal about his stupid masks....that's more ridiculous.

When Jordan played it was no debate who was the best. Today there is a genuine debate as to who is better Lebronor Durant. You make it sound as there is no debate , when infact it is hard to say who is better. This is not a given for Lebron. Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 1

No there's no debate today over who the best player is,Lebron James is clearly the best player in the NBA KDis for sure 2nd tho.

Says who? You? What makes your choice any better then mine , joe blows , or skip bayless?Sorry it is not clear cut as you make it sound
  • Like 1

When Jordan played it was no debate who was the best. Today there is a genuine debate as to who is better Lebronor Durant. You make it sound as there is no debate , when infact it is hard to say who is better. This is not a given for Lebron.

If you could start a francise....today...not three years down the line....would you really choose KD over LeBron?? I know I wouldn't. KD doesn't even have a ring yet. There's no debate.

• Like 1

If you could start a francise....today...not three years down the line....would you really choose KD over LeBron?? I know I wouldn't. KD doesn't even have a ring yet. There's no debate.

See you are doing the same tired act as that clown Bayless.. Are you telling me that if you replace Lebron with Durant thatyou do not believe the Heat wins those titles? The ring argument with Lebron is meaningless , baseless and dishonest!Now you can say Dirk has a ring and Durant does not , and that my friend would carry more weight in an honest fans eyes.Also to answer your question , if you asked me 2 years ago I would say Lebron , and no hesitation. Today I am taking Durant
  • Like 2

Says who? You? What makes your choice any better then mine , joe blows , or skip bayless?Sorry it is not clear cut as you make it sound

O its very clear cut,Lebron is a better all around player than Durant and clearly turns gears off and on when he chooses look at his play since All-star game dude has tooken it to another level when he clearly was coasting before All-Star.3 soon to be 4 MVPs2rings2FMVPsAnd knocking Durant out of the finals yrs ago

Just how do you come to that conclusion? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

3Soon to be 4 MVPs2 Rings2FMVPsBeating Durant for one of those ringsNo debate

Thank you

Niques best point were...when I was playing I dropped 30 plus on guys like Mj and other greats! Not the bobcats.....then nique was right again as he constantly, constantly said you HAVE to make lebron work on the other end of the court!..nique basically is saying when I drop points it was against the greats or other 20 point scorers that you had to be sure to ALSO try your hardest to defend or they will drop the same amount of points on you!....today's nba fans and media just don't understand and I'm young enough to say this is my generation of the NBA, yet I'm old enough to remember the days of MJ, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, David Robinson and so on.There just aren't enough stars in today's NBA and that's the problem! Also they need to bring back some of those old school nba rules to even the game out. It's not fair that lebron can run over all of his opponents or that other players who aren't stars don't get the same calls even when the call is obvious.

• Like 1

See you are doing the same tired act as that clown Bayless.. Are you telling me that if you replace Lebron with Durant thatyou do not believe the Heat wins those titles? The ring argument with Lebron is meaningless , baseless and dishonest!Now you can say Dirk has a ring and Durant does not , and that my friend would carry more weight in an honest fans eyes.Also to answer your question , if you asked me 2 years ago I would say Lebron , and no hesitation. Today I am taking Durant

What tired act? The facts? No, if you stuck LeBron on OKC with Harden and Westbrook, OKC wins over Durant, Wade, and Bosh. leBron is CLEARLY the better player today.

3Soon to be 4 MVPs2 Rings2FMVPsBeating Durant for one of those ringsNo debateThank you

I would take either...doesn't really matter! If KD was in a better system like a spurs like system he would be way better than he is now! It's clear that dumbbrook holds back kd and it's clear that Scott brooks isn't the best coach for KD.Put rondo instead of Westbrook and add Tyson chandler instead of the overrated even at Boston Kendrick Perkins and keep the rest around Durant and u got a championship squad.Lebron is great in Miami along with wade and bosh but he CAN or I should say they CAN be stopped. IF THE REFS WOULD CALL LEBRON ON HIS CHARGES or if all players were able to get the same calls as stars the league would be completely different!******The NBA has turned into a league of physical ability over actual basketball skills!!!!****** (take that to the damn bank)
  • Like 2