• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NFL Free Agency

Free Agency start soon. I think teams can start talking to Free Agents on Saturday and players can officially sign on Monday.

Falcons are set to have anywhere from $25M-$30M from what I heard a few days ago. From the sounds of it they plan on being players in Free Agency. Not sure who they are targetting at the moment. Expect a big investment going into the lines. We may see them go after former Bills Safety Jaryus Byrd.

I'm good on Byrd...rather see that money spent elsewhere. He's probably gonna want to be one of if not THE highest paid safety in the league, we have much bigger problems than that

I'm hearing the Falcons are very interested in Miami NT / DT Paul Soliai. I'm really not happy about us losing him as he's a stud that can play in the 3-4 or 4-3 but he'd be great for y'all's defense. If Nolan is still the DC for y'all I can see the connection making sense.

• Like 1

I was literally just about to ask you about him dol...seems like he's on his way to Atlanta along with Jon Asamoah from Kansas City. Asamoah is pretty much a done deal at this point, expect to see him sign early on tomorrow and I'm seeing reports of about 4.5 per year....STEAL!!!! If we can get Soliai too that would be a great start to free agency

I was literally just about to ask you about him dol...seems like he's on his way to Atlanta along with Jon Asamoah from Kansas City. Asamoah is pretty much a done deal at this point, expect to see him sign early on tomorrow and I'm seeing reports of about 4.5 per year....STEAL!!!! If we can get Soliai too that would be a great start to free agency

That would be a steal of Asamoah! I think Soliai is looking for around 7-8 per season and that's steep but guys who can anchor the 3-4 at NT and also stop the run in a 4-3 aren't that common and he's still in his prime. I really, really hope the Dolphins bring him back unless he's getting a ridiculous offer like 7-8 million lol.

From what I've heard he's pretty much already gone. I'm not certain tho but please believe me when I say I would LOVE to gave him. We haven't had an anchor like that in forever.

From what I've heard he's pretty much already gone. I'm not certain tho but please believe me when I say I would LOVE to gave him. We haven't had an anchor like that in forever.

The rumor has been that our 2 DT's who are FA's, Soliai and Starks were both told see what offer you can get and let us know. Sound familiar Hawks fans?? If he's getting anywhere near 7-8 million you guys can have him. As much as I like him our DL coach is one of the best in the business and turned both of those guys into Pro Bowlers so I would think he can do it again with someone younger and cheaper.

Falcons signed Soliai (NT) 5yrs/33mil,14 mil guaranteed, 11 mil this year and Asamoah(G) and Tyson Jackson (DE) 5yrs/25mil, Resigned Babineux and Hawley, released Decoud- yeah!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Just read the Cowboys have released DeMarcus Ware.

And I hope he told where Jerry Jones could shove his "restructured" contract at, although I know he's too classy a guy. Whatever team he goes to, I guarantee they'll totally embarrass Dallas if they meet and I can't wait to see it. At least 2 sack-fumbles on Romo easy.

Whos going to be our edge rusher in the 3-4 ? Osi ? Do we draft Khalil Mack ? We should still sign a veteran just for depth. Maybe Woodley at a discount..

Mass, Biermann, and either Khalil Mack or clowney. Oh and I forgot about maponga
  • Like 1

Glad we re-upped Babs. I have no idea who those other guys are, but they all play in the trenches so obviously we're addressing our needs out the gate. I can dig it. Falcons fans doing a collective "yes" with DeCoud let go. I liked the guy as a person and he had a nice season a couple years ago, but it was time. Anybody see Peoli's imprint on anything?

Edited by benhillboy

Soliai is a monster of a man that's going to anchor us in our 3-4...Jackson isn't big on pass rush but he's a prototype 3-4 de that can set the edge and he's a damn good run defender which we desperately needed. Asamoah is a young tough nasty guard. The guy is only 25 and came at a good price. Great day for TD so far benhill boy

Soliai is a monster of a man that's going to anchor us in our 3-4...Jackson isn't big on pass rush but he's a prototype 3-4 de that can set the edge and he's a damn good run defender which we desperately needed. Asamoah is a young tough nasty guard. The guy is only 25 and came at a good price. Great day for TD so far benhill boy

Sounds good. We need some Pro Bowl-level talent on our lines in the worst way. I wasn't an Abraham fan, granted he's a player, but I've been waiting for the day we see someone produce like Rod Coleman did inside for a few years. I haven't had the priveledge of ever seeing a Pro Bowl OL week in and out in my lifetime, yet all the other teams in the division have had several in recent memory. Edited by benhillboy

Glad we re-upped Babs. I have no idea who those other guys are, but they all play in the trenches so obviously we're addressing our needs out the gate. I can dig it. Falcons fans doing a collective "yes" with DeCoud let go. I liked the guy as a person and he had a nice season a couple years ago, but it was time. Anybody see Peoli's imprint on anything?

Does the signing of Babs mean we are still going to be a 4-3 heavy team or will he be a 3-4 DE ? This season should be interesting..

Does the signing of Babs mean we are still going to be a 4-3 heavy team or will he be a 3-4 DE ? This season should be interesting..

Babs will be a DE in the 3-4

Falcons are going to run a hybrid defense. They now got the personel to run a 4-3 or 3-4. At least along the lines. Remember they re-sign Corey Peters as well. Now all the Falcons need are the LBs. It is looking most likely they will use that 1st round pick on a T whether it be Mathews or Robinson. There is still that gaping hole on the line. Unless I miss someone. I don't see an option out there at the moment in FA. Honestly we should have no trouble finding quality LBs in the other rounds.

• Like 1