• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Need HUGE Favor- Can you critique the site i'm interning for?

Colin

http://www.ballermindframe.com

I'm struggling to fulfill the hours requirement for my internship, mostly because i've been getting negative feedback on the site when i post links on sites around the net.

So, could you all take a look at the site, read a few articles, and let me know what you like/don't like about the site and writing? Be as honest as possible, even if you think it sucks. I need to compile a feedback document to save my ass and prove i've been putting in work.

I appreciate it a lot, really.

• Premium Member

Colin,

I think the site is pretty good. Don't see much I would change on it. As for me, I guess I'm not the normal fan because I don't care for anything NBA outside the Hawks and to a smaller extent the Grizzlies.

@Vol4ever- Thanks for the feedback.

And thank you to whoever moved the thread over here. Whenever everybody has some free time, I would truly appreciate feedback so I can compile a document with outside opinions.

• Moderators

Colin. i haven't really had time to review the content. The performance of the site is pretty slow though but i realize that may not be an important factor in what you are doing or even something you can control. Seems like all the 3rd party content like ads, videos, slideshows really slows things down.

I like the look of it. If you did this by yourself i know that takes some time.

Also, not enough Zaza content.

Warning: Amateur opinions incoming...

The site performance was definitely poor for me. Slow to load, some hitches in the scrolling, and then the content would randomly disappear for a few seconds. I don't like when websites have the little bars at the bottom of the page. And to be honest, I really don't like anything about the main banner. The overall color scheme of the site is weird, but I don't think it's necessarily bad. I imagine it helps distinguish the site from all the others, but I don't really look at any basketball websites. There's also a blank rectangle above the "The Latest NBA Dope" (not a fan of that title, either, but that may just be me) section that keeps it from being level with the "Fresh Opinions" section. That kind of bugged me. And part of the Waiters/Barnes debate in the "Right Now" section is cut off.

The website definitely has a plethora of content. So much that it's a tad overwhelming at first, but it seems to be labeled and organized well enough. With better site performance and my eyes adjusting to that green color, I probably wouldn't have any issues navigating it. I like the way search results and author histories are presented. Finally, I didn't find anything to be critical about after looking over a few of the articles in the "Fresh Opinions" section. They seemed to be well-written and had an appropriate amount personality. Assuming all of the articles are of similar quality and depending on how difficult it would be to speed up the site and find a better banner, I think the website is close to be really nice.

• Like 1

Warning: Amateur opinions incoming...

The site performance was definitely poor for me. Slow to load, some hitches in the scrolling, and then the content would randomly disappear for a few seconds. I don't like when websites have the little bars at the bottom of the page. And to be honest, I really don't like anything about the main banner. The overall color scheme of the site is weird, but I don't think it's necessarily bad. I imagine it helps distinguish the site from all the others, but I don't really look at any basketball websites. There's also a blank rectangle above the "The Latest NBA Dope" (not a fan of that title, either, but that may just be me) section that keeps it from being level with the "Fresh Opinions" section. That kind of bugged me. And part of the Waiters/Barnes debate in the "Right Now" section is cut off.

The website definitely has a plethora of content. So much that it's a tad overwhelming at first, but it seems to be labeled and organized well enough. With better site performance and my eyes adjusting to that green color, I probably wouldn't have any issues navigating it. I like the way search results and author histories are presented. Finally, I didn't find anything to be critical about after looking over a few of the articles in the "Fresh Opinions" section. They seemed to be well-written and had an appropriate amount personality. Assuming all of the articles are of similar quality and depending on how difficult it would be to speed up the site and find a better banner, I think the website is close to be really nice.

Pretty much everything you said

- Hate the main banner. A cleaner, professional graphic would be better

- Glitches galore

- Front page has too much on it. Probably need to put some of those categories in a drop down column

- Definitely didn't like "The Latest NBA Dope" heading

- Liked the content of the articles I clicked on

- Liked the variety of subjects offered on the site

Scale of 1 - 10

Content: 8

Functionality: 5

Look: 5

For a total amateur opinion....I really like it. Especially the wood background and the use of green. You may want to toss in a little purple...just to keep it from looking too much like a "Celtics" site.

I have pretty fast internet and the few articles I went to came up fast.

Nice work.

(as TNCR said above...the main banner is "iffy"....cool but it takes a second to understand...doesn't jump out at you....plus...the gap between the F and R in "FRAME" made me think it said Baller Mindof Rame...which I didn't understand until I looked at it some more.)

Edited by DJlaysitup