• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I noticed that Teague is no longer the whipping boy around here?

Diesel

Could you be more passive aggressive? If you've got a problem quit being the biggest woman on the board1 and say something directly. Show me where I bashed Teague last week for a game he played? And RIF I said I've seen parts of the games.

1 Sorry @JayBirdHawk I realize that is a bit insulting to you but it's not meant to be.

@Dolfan - no offense taken.

Very true - I thought that's why the census was that he was average.

Now I'm confused.

Anyway - like I said before I'm glad he's playing great going into the playoffs!

Don't be confused, sometimes people like to make statements without checking them out to back them up.

Using Game Score1 as a metric to judge his game logs, Teague has had 47 games with a score of 10 or more and 30 with a score of below 10. If you take out that middle ground around average of 10-15, he's had 28 games where he's above average, which is right in line with his games below average.

Again he's had some very good games this year and he's had some very bad ones. Right now he's on a streak of 7 straight games with a game score of at least 15, which is quite good for him as far as consistency goes. He had a stretch earlier this year of 8 straight games where he only got to 10 (10.1) once in the entire stretch.

1Game Score; the formula is PTS + 0.4 * FG - 0.7 * FGA - 0.4*(FTA - FT) + 0.7 * ORB + 0.3 * DRB + STL + 0.7 *AST + 0.7 * BLK - 0.4 * PF - TOV. Game Score was created by John Hollinger to give a rough measure of a player's productivity for a single game. The scale is similar to that of points scored, (40 is an outstanding performance, 10 is an average performance, etc.).

• Premium Member

Personally, I don't understand the need for Teague supporters to call out the posters who were criticizing Teague when he was slumping.The criticism is warranted IMO. No excuse for Teague to play like Derrick Rose for weeks at a time and then like a 40 year old Mike Bibby the next few weeks. Clearly the deficiencies of Teague are not talent or physically related, but mental, which at this level when you are getting paid millions and have the best coaches in the world supporting you, shouldn't be the issue. Still, at his age, he is still relatively young for a PG so I believe he is worth some more patience. At least one more season to see if he can take the leap to stardom and if he can't by all means start looking for alternatives.

• Like 4

Don't be confused, sometimes people like to make statements without checking them out to back them up.

Using Game Score1 as a metric to judge his game logs, Teague has had 47 games with a score of 10 or more and 30 with a score of below 10. If you take out that middle ground around average of 10-15, he's had 28 games where he's above average, which is right in line with his games below average.

Again he's had some very good games this year and he's had some very bad ones. Right now he's on a streak of 7 straight games with a game score of at least 15, which is quite good for him as far as consistency goes. He had a stretch earlier this year of 8 straight games where he only got to 10 (10.1) once in the entire stretch.

1Game Score; the formula is PTS + 0.4 * FG - 0.7 * FGA - 0.4*(FTA - FT) + 0.7 * ORB + 0.3 * DRB + STL + 0.7 *AST + 0.7 * BLK - 0.4 * PF - TOV. Game Score was created by John Hollinger to give a rough measure of a player's productivity for a single game. The scale is similar to that of points scored, (40 is an outstanding performance, 10 is an average performance, etc.).

Sheeeet - another metric. All these stats! Lol. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Sheeeet - another metric. All these stats! Lol.

That's the only way to look at his games and judge them fairly and accurately. I know that some people don't like advanced stats and that's fine but you aren't going to sway my opinion without something to back it up.