• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I noticed that Teague is no longer the whipping boy around here?

Diesel

Are they making 8-10 million a year? Using Chalmers when he is on the same team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh?

When we get those type of guys then we can fill out the rest of the roster with so so players also. But it ain't happening anytime soon.

George Hill makes 8 mil a season. You're right, I'm just saying Teague isn't the biggest issue on this team.
  • Like 1

Interesting post, and i agree. Lillard is on my Fantasy team, so I've watched Portland a lot. I'm a homer, but I like JT. And numbers nimbers don't lie

Fixed...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

George Hill makes 8 mil a season. You're right, I'm just saying Teague isn't the biggest issue on this team.

I'd rather see what we have in Teague when Horf returns. No disrespect to Sap, but his PNR game isn't as good as Horf's.

• Like 3

Interesting post, and i agree. Lillard is on my Fantasy team, so I've watched Portland a lot. I'm a homer, but I like JT. And numbers don't lie

Lillard has taken 331 more 3 pointers than Jeffrey has which will depress his raw FG%. If you were to go by eFG% which accounts for the value of a 3 within FG% then it's actually 51% vs. 47% in Lillard's favor.

And it's not as if Lillard isn't comically overrated to begin with.

Edited by MaceCase
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Lillard has taken 331 more 3 pointers than Jeffrey has which will depress his raw FG%. If you were to go by eFG% which accounts for the value of a 3 within FG% then it's actually 51% vs. 47% in Lillard's favor.

And it's not as if Lillard isn't comically overrated to begin with.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

He and Millsap both were allstar considerations.

His shooting is at 43.3% for the season.

To put it in perspective, the great Damon Lillard is only shooting 42.5% from the field. With less assists than Teague. Therefore, Teague is a better PG than Lillard.

C4buo.gif

I'd rather see what we have in Teague when Horf returns. No disrespect to Sap, but his PNR game isn't as good as Horf's.

You didn't see enough last year when Teague was barely better than he was this year? That's a Marvin type of excuse and you're better than that @Diesel.

• Premium Member

You didn't see enough last year when Teague was barely better than he was this year? That's a Marvin type of excuse and you're better than that @Diesel.

How could I see anything last year except Smoove bringing the ball up and taking another bone headed shot.

As one who has been sometimes blinded; I extend to you that you have all the symptoms of being sometimes blinded.

• Premium Member

I know, it's got to be hard to recognize that 3 > 2 without an advanced calculus degree.

Nope. I know that the argument is donefor when somebody pulls ws and efgs out of their ass. I don't care why Damon Lillard has a 42% FG%. I don't care why he only puts in about 5.5 apg. All I know is that when compared to Teague, Teague does those PG thingys better than him. Is Lillard the better scorer... Sure. Is he the more marketable talent... Sure. However, is he the better PG... I say no.

Nope. I know that the argument is donefor when somebody pulls ws and efgs out of their ass. I don't care why Damon Lillard has a 42% FG%. I don't care why he only puts in about 5.5 apg. All I know is that when compared to Teague, Teague does those PG thingys better than him. Is Lillard the better scorer... Sure. Is he the more marketable talent... Sure. However, is he the better PG... I say no.

You don't care why he has a 42fg% but you use it as something against him or to prop Jeffrey up.

You then narrow your argument to is he a better PG.....not PLAYER. Nice one...

....But then you established that he is a better PG based on FG% as one of your two criteria.

Looks like the only one pulling stuff out of their ass is you.

How could I see anything last year except Smoove bringing the ball up and taking another bone headed shot.

As one who has been sometimes blinded; I extend to you that you have all the symptoms of being sometimes blinded.

What am I blinded by? They said he'd take on a bigger role and be better without JJ dominating the ball. He did take a bigger role but he got worse. They said he'd take on an even bigger role and be better without Josh taking the ball out of his hands and taking bone headed shots. He did take on a bigger role but again he's gotten even worse. I'm not sure what's blind about those absolute facts.

• Moderators

The scoring is not even close on the comparison:

Teague scores 18.3 pp36 on .533 TS%

Lillard scores 21.0 pp36 on .566 TS%

Lillard is a much better scorer both for productivity and efficiency.

As far as taking care of the ball:

Teague has a 2.235 A/TO ratio

Lillard has a 2.333 A/TO ratio

So while the assists are higher, Teague actually has the worse A/TO ratio because of his high turnovers. You would expect it to be the other way and that the guy doing more scoring would have more turnovers.

Look at every other metric for this year:

Teague 16.6 PER

Lillard 18.8 PER

Teague .086 WS/48 (4.2 total win shares)

Lillard .158 WS/48 (9.2 total win shares)

Teague ORTG 105

Lillard ORTG 116

(they have the same DRTG)

Lillard +/- = +6.7 points/48 (+337 points total)

Teague +/- = +2.7 point/48 (+85 point total)

This could not have been a real thorough comparison of the two players if you went with FG% + Assists = Definitive Answer.

(Even though I am no fan of it, I will mention that the CBS metric cited above has Lillard as the #3 point guard in the league, waaaay ahead of Teague, to the extent people value that number).

• Like 1

Let's give Golden State Teague, Lou, and a bag of boiled peanuts for Curry and call it a day. Whatcha say...

Diesel, you can't argue with haters. Most of the time they're using half-ass analytics to prove their baseless points. I gave up arguing with them a long time ago. Especially after noticing the consistent passes they give some players after long stretches of terrible court play. Lets pullout some advance analytics for Sap, Scott, Kyle, Pero, and Mack for last month. I'm pretty sure you will find the reason why we were losing in that bunch.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

You don't care why he has a 42fg% but you use it as something against him or to prop Jeffrey up.

You then narrow your argument to is he a better PG.....not PLAYER. Nice one...

....But then you established that he is a better PG based on FG% as one of your two criteria.

Looks like the only one pulling stuff out of their ass is you.

So...

Teague shoots 43% Lillard shoots 42%. Teague drops 6.8 dimes. Lillard 5.5...

Then here you come... "Wait wait wait... Lillard shot more three pointers. He shot more three pointers. If he hadn't done that, he'd be better than Teague. He's better than Teague because of his advanced super accurate FG%."

To that I said... Smoove must love you!!! You can explain away his FG% with advanced super duper accurate FG% rates. To all that... I say.. Why not just stop shooting bone headed shots. We actually consider a stat that erases the effects of bad decisions? OK.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The scoring is not even close on the comparison:

Teague scores 18.3 pp36 on .533 TS%

Lillard scores 21.0 pp36 on .566 TS%

Lillard is a much better scorer both for productivity and efficiency.

As far as taking care of the ball:

Teague has a 2.235 A/TO ratio

Lillard has a 2.333 A/TO ratio

So while the assists are higher, Teague actually has the worse A/TO ratio because of his high turnovers. You would expect it to be the other way and that the guy doing more scoring would have more turnovers.

Look at every other metric for this year:

Teague 16.6 PER

Lillard 18.8 PER

Teague .086 WS/48 (4.2 total win shares)

Lillard .158 WS/48 (9.2 total win shares)

Teague ORTG 105

Lillard ORTG 116

(they have the same DRTG)

Lillard +/- = +6.7 points/48 (+337 points total)

Teague +/- = +2.7 point/48 (+85 point total)

This could not have been a real thorough comparison of the two players if you went with FG% + Assists = Definitive Answer.

(Even though I am no fan of it, I will mention that the CBS metric cited above has Lillard as the #3 point guard in the league, waaaay ahead of Teague, to the extent people value that number).

I'm not going to get into a war of advanced statistical manipulation with you... I'd easily lose that. However, let me ask a dumb question.

When you were talking about the one PGy thingy... A/TO...

Do you actually consider the competence of the guys that Lillard passes to vs. the competence of the guys that Teague passes to?

For instance, everybody's favorite PG (CP3) had one of his worst seasons coming to LAC. New Coach, new system, and the team.... Foye, Griffin, Butler, Jordan, Swaggy P. I didn't look up the super duper advanced stats, but his apg were down. His turnovers were up for him. They won 40 games.

The next year, same coach, same system, and the team: They added Crawford and Matt Barnes, they dropped Foye and Swaggy P. Needless to say... Assists up.... and they won 56 games. Am I misguided for believing that Personnel makes a little bit of a difference? Even for the best PG in the game?

• Like 2