• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I noticed that Teague is no longer the whipping boy around here?

Diesel

It's just tough with Teague because with most guys they are who they are but I still can't figure this guy out.

You know what Al, DeMarre, Paul, Kyle, etc. etc. are going to give you every night. Even if their numbers don't show, you watch the game and see the same player.

I do agree slightly with the comparison to Josh Smith in the fact that you never know which Teague is going to show up that night - the one who easily looks like an All-Star or the one that looks uninspired, lackadaisical, and belongs on the bench. At this point I'm just going to enjoy the little ride he's been on though and hope it carrys over into the playoffs. music.gif

• Like 1

Last 10, he's averaging like 18/6.

I guess his consistent play has quieted the Haters.

Just had to get that goo out of his ears!!!

earwax-sm.jpg

Meanwhile, the team has mostly lost. He's not that good.

I'm not his biggest hater by any means, but you're not doing anything meaningful with him as the starting PG.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just saying- George Hill and Mario Chalmers.

I agree. Teague isn't bad enough to sink a team or anything if they have legit stars leading the way. Unfortunately, as currently constructed we need Teague to be one of those stars and not just someone functioning as a member of the supporting cast.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Meanwhile, the team has mostly lost. He's not that good.

I'm not his biggest hater by any means, but you're not doing anything meaningful with him as the starting PG.

Actually, the team's not that good. That's not Teague's fault.

• Like 2

Well, he's been inconsistent, documented, but he just dropped 25 on the Pacers on their home floor where they have been very good and we needed a win bad. He looked like the best player on the floor. What FA PG is going to come to Atlanta that is better than Teague? What college kid, if drafted, is going to come in and play better than he is? Nobody.

• Like 4

Teague haters should take a look at this before making a fool of themselves..

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG?&print_rows=9999

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ECHO ECHo ECho Echo echo....Hahaaaa, posted that link earlier in this thread around 3PM this afternoon ;)

• Like 1

Teague is a "me guy" on a team with a "team system"...he is therefore inconsistent.

He doesn't like the whole plan. Occasionally when the word gets out that he is pouting and stuff his agent likely gives him a "talking to" and he does good for awhile. Don't count on this guy.

Glad his stats are OK...trade him for a team oriented PG.

• Moderators

Hazer did point that out earlier. It is not a per minute statistic so there are some apples/oranges comparisons going on in the discussion. Either way, it pretty well validates that he is an average PG. Notably, several of the guys ranked below him are at a minute disadvantage in the comparison such as: Michael Carter-Williams (120+ minutes down but close in total score); Mike Conley (100 minutes down but nearly tied); Deron Williams (340 minutes down); etc.

Rather than give a bonus for being healthy this season, I would look at the per minute numbers more strongly. They give a better comparison of what guys are doing with their time on the floor. It is like the difference between total win shares and ws/48. The ws/48 number compares what guys do when on the floor and the total win share numbers are a combination of minutes played and productivity.

Per 36 numbers, WS/48, PER, etc. are all apples to apples comparisons about how effective someone has been when they have played. You can make a compelling case about the importance of a player staying healthy but that is a different argument from saying he has been as good during his time on the floor.

• Like 1

Teague is a "me guy" on a team with a "team system"...he is therefore inconsistent.

He doesn't like the whole plan. Occasionally when the word gets out that he is pouting and stuff his agent likely gives him a "talking to" and he does good for awhile. Don't count on this guy.

Glad his stats are OK...trade him for a team oriented PG.

Whoa! Someone has there hands ona a crystal ball! Tell us more... smh lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by willthepureshooter

• Moderators

Teague is not a me guy at all. If anything, he'd rather defer to Horford and Sap. Teague may not be loyal to the Hawks, but he has his team mates backs and gets them involved. He ain't an Allen Iverson punk by a long shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

Just saying- George Hill and Mario Chalmers.

Are they making 8-10 million a year? Using Chalmers when he is on the same team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh?

When we get those type of guys then we can fill out the rest of the roster with so so players also. But it ain't happening anytime soon.

• Premium Member

He's one of the main players on the team and he has struggled to shoot over 41% for large part of the season. He doesn't make anyone else better either.

He and Millsap both were allstar considerations.

His shooting is at 43.3% for the season.

To put it in perspective, the great Damon Lillard is only shooting 42.5% from the field. With less assists than Teague. Therefore, Teague is a better PG than Lillard.

• Like 1

I know Peoria is a big +/- head but I doubt he'll be happy to know that Jeffrey ranks 43rd in the league amongst PGs behind....Shelvin at #41.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/RPM/position/1

Lil background on this new devil stat:

the metric isolates the unique plus-minus impact of each NBA player by adjusting for the effects of each teammate and opposing player.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10740818/introducing-real-plus-minus

• Like 1

He and Millsap both were allstar considerations.

His shooting is at 43.3% for the season.

To put it in perspective, the great Damon Lillard is only shooting 42.5% from the field. With less assists than Teague. Therefore, Teague is a better PG than Lillard.

Interesting post, and i agree. Lillard is on my Fantasy team, so I've watched Portland a lot. I'm a homer, but I like JT. And numbers don't lie