• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Part Owner

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

Yeah, need to read Brian Windhorst to find out Koonin is an owner. CViv and his typos don't realize he is also an owner. Seriously, why would an executive at Turner move to the same position for a company with a twentieth of the revenue? Ownership. He likely took a pay cut in terms of salary but will make it back with ownership of capital.

I'm still reading up on this guy. Seems like a real awesome Atlanta guy.

CViv has updated his article. I wonder how much this guy is worth?

• Moderators

Excuses, excuses...

As I always say... Make results, not excuses.

Dikembe.gif

• Like 2

This is a pretty big deal and will continue the positive change in attitude of this organization. Can't wait for 'The Miserable Ones' (I'm claiming ownership of that description) to tell us how this is just awful just like the Hawks .

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

As a native Atlantan, I vividly remember being at one of the first Hawks games after they made the move from St. Louis. The Hawks came to life when Ted took over the team in the 70’s. Over time and under Ted’s leadership, the Hawks were the class of the Atlanta sports scene. I am hoping that we can reignite that spark and help the Hawks bring an NBA Championship to our hometown of Atlanta. I keep telling myself that I am not leaving Turner, but rather I have chosen a transfer to another division.”

Awesome. Owners finally realize they need real help. Ferry and now this. Things are looking up.

• Like 2

His son went to my high school and they are VERY big hawks fans... his son is usually sitting next to the bench.. always wondered how he got such great tickets!

Big pickup for the Hawks.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Steve Koonin says he will be face of Hawks franchise. #ATLHawks

— Chris Vivlamore (@ajchawks) April 14, 2014Move over 'Horf.

I guess as the face of franchise on the ownership side. From what I've read he is well known so I guess it won't be a bad thing.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I guess as the face of franchise on the ownership side. From what I've read he is well known so I guess it won't be a bad thing.

I don't think he's going to be hitting the court any time soon, so yes, from the ownership side haha. On a serious note though, this is an ideal hire for the organization.

I don't think he's going to be hitting the court any time soon, so yes, from the ownership side haha. On a serious note though, this is an ideal hire for the organization.

nyam.gif