• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Woodson let go

ATLSmith

The Knicks let Mike Woodson and staff go. No real surprise since Phil is trying to change their direction and wants a coach who will implement his system.

Regardless, I think Mike got a bit of a bum deal. Someone will pick him up fairly quickly.

Edited by ATLSmith

• Moderators

The Knicks let Mike Woodson and staff go. No real surprise since Phil is trying to change their direction and wants a coach who will implement his system.

Regardless, I think Mike got a bit of a bum deal. Someone will pick him up fairly quickly.

I don't know. I've never been a fan. I just don't see anything in his coaching that would make me as a gm get excited to hire him. He has a ton of class. I'll give him that but that doesn't make him a good coach.

I'm too lazy to try and find it, but I think he had a pretty good 3-4 year deal. So he's probably going to draw a nice paycheck while he's looking for a job. Until then, its a paid vacation. He turned the Hawks and Knicks around, but this is NY. You win now (not yesterday, or tomorrow) of find a new job.

Edited by Randy

I like Ole Woody, but a Head job is too much for him it seems. When he first got to NY, he got them to play defense because it was new and fun after the horrible D'Antoni, then the next season Kidd was a player-coach. His message only lasts for a couple seasons, much shorter when you're dealing with people like Josh or JR.