• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver vs. Lou Williams: Who provides the better matchup problem vs. Pacers?

hawks21

Kyle has great size at 6'7, but it seems like he is hesitant to shoot the ball and this happened LAST YEAR vs. Indiana. The Pacers defense has definitely bothered Kyle. Teague has the ability to beat defenders, but Kyle does not.

Lou can shoot the three, but he can drive the basketball and go around defenders. This is an intangible that is needed against this Pacers team.

Kyle is a spot-up shooter and if he is stays one-dimensional his impact is minimal against the Pacers.

Playoffs are about adjustments and even though Kyle is popular, but Lou getting more minutes in this series may put the Hawks in a better position to take this series.

Edited by hawks21

Both are merely useless as there is no player to free up Kyle and Lou needs to be a SG on offense and a PG on D otherwise you are asking for 18 secord dribble outs with no where to go but a bad shot or possesion. I have been impressed with Kyle's D.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Even though there has been media attention about Jeff Teague vs. Paul George in recent days, but George is also defending Korver as well and George slowly gained momentum/confidence and with Korver's one-dimensional game, it impacts the Hawks' offense. In the first half Lou Williams was shooting threes, but was still attacking the basket.

Bud has to make a tough personnel decision, but Lou, despite his 6'1 size, bring more to the table and maybe should be paired with Teague.

Our guards have to be able to beat George or Stephenson or Hill off the dribble more often.

Kyle is an overachiever and has excelled at certain parts of the regular season, but this is the playoffs. And Kyle may need to sit-- for this Pacers series...

Both are merely useless as there is no player to free up Kyle and Lou needs to be a SG on offense and a PG on D otherwise you are asking for 18 secord dribble outs with no where to go but a bad shot or possesion. I have been impressed with Kyle's D.

Kyle has had some moments in which he made a good play or two, but against the Pacers defense (in a 48 minute, 4 quarter game) if Kyle is hesitant to shoot or is bothered by the Pacers defense, then other options need to be explored.

I am starting to learn that Kyle Korver is a regular season player and is worthless in the playoffs. I am hoping he proves me wrong these next few games.

Pacers' D completely shut down Korver in game 2. We really need that 10-12 points from Korver each night for us to win against Indiana.

Korver's D shouldn't be understated. Also, his ability to stretch the floor opens up drives for Teague. I would keep playing him.

Yep...if you watched game 1 closely - K.K. played about the best D he could - challenged rebounds and loose balls - did a real good job.

Still...game two the Pacers turned up the D....I dunno.

Korver needs to play because he's, if not the best, arguably the best shooter in the league. On this offensively challenged team, he needs to be on the floor. Who knows when he could go off....

Kyle has had some moments in which he made a good play or two, but against the Pacers defense (in a 48 minute, 4 quarter game) if Kyle is hesitant to shoot or is bothered by the Pacers defense, then other options need to be explored.

Like we have other options :P
  • Like 2