• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Adreian Payne

coachx

That says a lot with Tolliver being one of the best 3pt shooters in the game right now.

Had no clue he had such a good year shooting the 3. I was remembering the season he had with us when he was an average 33% shooter from the 3 and last season when he only shot 24% from 3.

See no reason why Payne will not eventually be a 40% shooter from the NBA 3 too...........but hopefully be much more consistent with it then Tolliver has been over his career.

• 4 weeks later...

So he's a stretch 4? I may have to re-think him then based on this fact.

Adreian Payne: The athletic stretch four measured with the third biggest wingspan at 7-4 after measuring a 7-foot wingspan in 2009 at the LeBron James Camp. He also has gained 25 pounds since then, which is impressive. Payne had one of the largest height-to-wingspan differentials with a plus-7. Payne's measurable (6-9 no shoes and 239 pounds) are similar to 2012 draftee Andrew Nicholson, who measured 6-8 ½ with no shoes and 234 pounds with a 7-4 wingspan. Payne's measurements aren't that far off from Derrick Favors' actually, as he's actually a quarter of an inch taller, with a similar wingspan and standing reach, but is six pounds lighter (Favors was much younger at the same stage though).

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz34xhptFDJ
http://www.draftexpress.com

I'm starting to like Payne more now as well. I really respect coachx's view on collegiate players. I'd go with his instincts over mine on the college players. The only 2 things I hate is his age and the fact that we essentially already have 2 pf's in Horford and SAP.

I'm starting to like Payne more now as well. I really respect coachx's view on collegiate players. I'd go with his instincts over mine on the college players. The only 2 things I hate is his age and the fact that we essentially already have 2 pf's in Horford and SAP.

Yeah @coachx tends to have a pretty good track record with college players. Payne is not without his question marks but he could be a devastating stretch 4 in our system. He'd be a guy I'd really look hard at if we had an additional 1st round pick.

Thanks for the compliment............I just watch a ton of college ball and can't help but speak up with the topic is brought up.

I love this time of year.

I share the same concerns regarding Payne's age...........but in a way its a positive. You kind of know what your getting more with him then younger players who played lesser roles. Its normal for big guys to develop later then guards as well. I just can't over look his length and athletic ability mixed with his 3 point shooting. His catch and shoot release point is so high and quick. Its just effortless. He also seems to be real good young mature man off the court.........which quite honestly....too many of these guys just have not matured yet.

I'll say this..............I have never seen a guy with a 7'4'' wing span, who shoots the 3 at 42%, who also plays above the rim, and runs the floor like a deer not be predicted to be a no brainer lottery selection. His age is the only reason for that. Its not like he's not clean off the floor or have any attitude issues at all.

There is a great story of him befriending a little girl with a terminal illness who is a huge MSU fan. Its the same little girl he walks up to speak with prior to the 360 in the dunk contest.

Edited by coachx

Thanks for the compliment............I just watch a ton of college ball and can't help but speak up with the topic is brought up.

I love this time of year.

I share the same concerns regarding Payne's age...........but in a way its a positive. You kind of know what your getting more with him then younger players who played lesser roles. Its normal for big guys to develop later then guards as well. I just can't over look his length and athletic ability mixed with his 3 point shooting. His catch and shoot release point is so high and quick. Its just effortless. He also seems to be real good young mature man off the court.........which quite honestly....too many of these guys just have not matured yet.

No worries about his lungs?

No worries about his lungs?

The lung capacity is a concern but if he can only give you 30 mpg I'm fine with that at pick #15. When I first made the thread news had not broke about him being diagnosed with mono after the season. He had apparently been playing through it for a while.

Many were worried about his endurance as the season wore on and his production dropped off. He admitted to being dog tired and attributed it to it being a long season. Many people thought it was the diminished lung capacity, he reportedly has, causing the lack of endurance and drop off in play. There were times when he air balled free throws late in games and nearly fainted. Now he was an 80% FT shooter........it was the mono causing this. The fact he was playing through mono, at the end of the season, shows me some toughness and lessens my worries on his lungs.

It would be nice to see an official doctor's report on it to see how much of an issue it is.

The lung capacity is a concern but if he can only give you 30 mpg I'm fine with that at pick #15. When I first made the thread news had not broke about him being diagnosed with mono after the season. He had apparently been playing through it for a while.

Many were worried about his endurance as the season wore on and his production dropped off. He admitted to being dog tired and attributed it to it being a long season. Many people thought it was the diminished lung capacity, he reportedly has, causing the lack of endurance and drop off in play. There were times when he air balled free throws late in games and nearly fainted. Now he was an 80% FT shooter........it was the mono causing this. The fact he was playing through mono, at the end of the season, shows me some toughness and lessens my worries on his lungs.

It would be nice to see an official doctor's report on it to see how much of an issue it is.

Yeah that definitely shows toughness! Hopefully it was just the mono and he'll stop making out with random skanks and he will be healthy and ready to put in work next year. Tough kid though so play through it. Gotta wonder what his Dr's were doing not diagnosing it and allowing him to risk getting far worse by not resting and allowing it to potentially spread throughout the team as well.

• 2 weeks later...