• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Adreian Payne

coachx

Payne reminds me of John Wallace of Syracuse in the mid 90's. not sure why. I'm not sure if I would like to draft him. I think there are better players out there. He did blow up that one game in the tournament going for 40 points or something close to that.

I have to imagine Ferry will not be looking at any PFs in the first round.

He is a PF / C who shoots 42% from 3 and wins dunks contest. He is an elite athlete and an elite shooter all in one. Those guys do not grow on trees.

This offensive system is based on having big men who can spread the floor. For that reason I would be fine with McGary or Payne. Also remember that Milsap will be an expiring contract next year.

There are some wings I would not touch in this draft.........like Hood.

• Like 1

He is a PF / C who shoots 42% from 3 and wins dunks contest. He is an elite athlete and an elite shooter all in one. Those guys do not grow on trees.

This offensive system is based on having big men who can spread the floor. For that reason I would be fine with McGary or Payne. Also remember that Milsap will be an expiring contract next year.

There are some wings I would not touch in this draft.........like Hood.

Unless Payne converts to a center in the NBA (not going to happen), I want no part of him where we pick unless Millsap is moved. We're set at PF.

Unless Payne converts to a center in the NBA (not going to happen), I want no part of him where we pick unless Millsap is moved. We're set at PF.

How far ahead do you think when drafting ?

Milsap will be 30 years old and an expiring contract next year.

How far ahead do you think when drafting ?

Milsap will be 30 years old and an expiring contract next year.

Far enough to know that PF isn't a concern as we've got players to fill that position. Horford, Scott, and Millsap have got control of that position so I see no need to draft Payne (who I'm not high on) when there's wings to be had in this draft.

I am completely and utterly bias. I would love this pick if it happened. I think AP is lottery bound though and rightfully so. A guy his size should not be that athletic nor should he shoot at a pretty high clip. He is a very solid defender as well. I watched him for four years and each season he looked much better than the previous one. He could stand to add 10 pounds or so to be able to handle the rigors of an NBA schedule.

The guy is 6'10'' and shoots 42% from 3........Plus he is athletic and flexible enough to do this

He appears to have great personality too. Love how he went over to the little girl before the dunk and then the bowling celebration.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The guy is 6'10'' and shoots 42% from 3........Plus he is athletic and flexible enough to do this

He appears to have great personality too. Love how he went over to the little girl before the dunk and then the bowling celebration.

Info on the little girl.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/girls-memorial-held-basketball-arena-23358335

As for AP, I like him, just not for the Hawks. With that said, I wouldn't be mad if Ferry selected him at 15. Go Sparty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I watch him I just don't like what I see. But I'm just not sure what it is. His numbers all seem pretty good. Coachx likes him as well and I'm always on the page as coach. There's just something about him that I can't put my finger on. I also don't love the fact that he's 23 years old.

I really like him too. I put a link to that same clip on the draft boad.

His main critique was his lack of energy and sustained motor. Reports are now out that he played the last part of the season with mono explains why. I think that will news will help his draft stock.......that and the ginormous 7'4'' wingspan he measured with at the combine.

His combination of size, skill, perimeter shooting, and athleticism normally guarantee you as a top 10 pick in most drafts.

Edited by coachx