• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marc Stein: Hawks may bid for Greg Monroe in offseason

GameTime

I like Monroe. He's been on a terrible team surrounded by chuckers for 4 years. It's not like he's putting up 15/10 because he gets tons of touches. In a system like ours he'd be pretty solid. Not sure about the cap hit though.

This!

Ya know I thought about it a little more and though Monroe doesn't really play like a PF. He did grab 10 rebounds, he did put up 15 pts with a fg% of 49 and thats NOT by shooting ALL jumpers as his jump shot percentage isn't even at average I believe, and to top it off the guy is a legit center size that has a frame to actually become larger.

So if Ferry wants to try this guy out at center….Im all for it! I think what scares hawk fans is that Monroe isn't really known to be a banger but that doesn't mean he can't be a banger in the paint like a gortat,asik, or nene. We have nothing to lose if we can get him to be honest….Sap may have to come off the bench and play that ginobli role but as a big man.

Monroe played C until Drummond arrived.

His career averages are 14 pts and 9 rebounds shooting .508 percent

Horfords career averages are 14pts and 9.5 rebounds shooting .541 percent

Horford has done it for a longer amount of time and is the better player but this guy is definitely one of the best players that could be had this summer and he fits although not perfectly.

For the record Sap averages 13 pts and 7 rebs while shooting .507 percent for his career.

Sounds good, can't say I've ever studied him play though. I just know the basic gist on him: very talented offensively, poor defender, shaky professionalism. If he's determined to be durable, I wouldn't be surprised at the staff coaching him up. It's a long list of players in Detroit who would or couldve been almost twice as good under a real basketball operation: Bynum, Stuckey, Jerebko, Monroe, Drummomd, Daye.

Sounds good, can't say I've ever studied him play though. I just know the basic gist on him: very talented offensively, poor defender, shaky professionalism. If he's determined to be durable, I wouldn't be surprised at the staff coaching him up. It's a long list of players in Detroit who would or couldve been almost twice as good under a real basketball operation: Bynum, Stuckey, Jerebko, Monroe, Drummomd, Daye.

The defense is what Piston fans complain about. With Drummond as a rim protector, most now think he is a good fit. But when Josh is at the three, him at the four, and Drummond at the five; their perimeter defense is a joke.

Monroe to Houston paired up with Howard was a hot topic in Detroit until fans realized Josh was going to jack up over three 3pt attempts per game. Now they prefer Monroe, even with his weak D, over Smith....

Edited by Buzzard