• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Gave It Their Best

AHF

• Premium Member

There was only one super name that changed teams and four or five teams bidding on him. Dwight made it very clear, LA with D'Antonio was not a option; and LA made it clear D12 would not force their hand on coaching decisions. Houston was his team from jump street. What if Ferry would have missed/alienated Millsap by paying all his attention to D12? He talked to Dwight, we had enough money, nothing else could be done.

Ferry made good picks in Cleveland and was not shy about taking high salary risk with vets. We can bash his trades all day; but his results put that Cavs team very very close to winning it all. Two seasons in a row the best record in the NBA. If Bron would have stayed put; only the Big 3 in Boston and Orlando with D12 were rivals. We know how long Boston stayed ultra competitive and Orlando with D12 turned into a side show along the same time line.

Bron and Miami crushed the Eastern Conference competition. Bron in Cleveland would have wore the competition in the East down. Ferry was fired by Cleveland; despite a GM record of 272 and 138. The Spurs jumped all over him and made them their VP of Operations two months later. Ignorance is bliss. The Spurs were appreciative of Cleveland's' ignorance and we should be too!

First off, nobody is crying about D12.. Just an acknowledgment that we didn't try hard for him.

However, when you say that he had good deals in Cleveland?? Huh?

He could have had Amare before Amare got washed up.

He had Lebron for the good part of Lebron's basketball life and couldn't win the big one.Not because of Lebron or even because of the idiot coach. But because instead of lining the team up with other guys who could help carry the load, he loaded up with West, Mo, etc.

Wake me up if we ever get a star.

• Premium Member

Hawks took them to 7 games, so that's really saying something. But to get over the hump Sap just didn't have enough help. Teague played decent and great on occasion but he does not have the killer instinct. I watched Brooklyn play the other night and Paul Pierce just would not let them loose......even at his age that is a star player.

Hard to take over games when you are the smallest player on the floor. Outside of Isiah Thomas and a young healthy Drose, who could do it consistently?. Chris Paul can't do it in LA and he's the best PG in the game by far right now. We need a wing player who can create his own offense, that much is obvious.

First off, nobody is crying about D12.. Just an acknowledgment that we didn't try hard for him.

He had Lebron for the good part of Lebron's basketball life and couldn't win the big one.Not because of Lebron or even because of the idiot coach. But because instead of lining the team up with other guys who could help carry the load, he loaded up with West, Mo, etc.

I did not say anything about "liking" his deals in Cleveland. I said you can't argue with the results; and he was not shy on pulling the trigger for high priced players. Best record in the NBA two years in a row and his picks with Hickson and Verejao were just coming into their own when Bron bolted.

That Cavaliers team was solid and those two young players were most definitely on the rise. I am not blaming Bron; and you can bash Ferry all you want for only having the best record in the East two years in a row. But I am going to conclude you think Utah is s seriously inept franchise. They had Malone and Stockton for over a decade and a half with no titles to speak of. We can't blame all that on Jordan and the Bulls, they only won 6 of the possible 18 Utah had those two HOF players teamed up together....

There is no guaranteed formula other than it takes high level players to win a championship. Only one team wins it all, once a year. So what does that mean? Its simple, players like Dirk 12 seasons to win one, KG 13 seasons to win one, Malone none, Stockton none, Melo none , Durant none, Love none etc....may have to wait a decade or more to win one; or worse, they never win one.

Ferry gave it a good run in Cleveland but did not win it all. The Cavs fired him and their coach. With your expectations, Utah, at the very least, should have fired their GM and Sloan at around the nine year mark....

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

Ferry gets too much grief for Lebron and Mike Brown not being able to get it done in the playoffs. He was able to keep Big Z, signed Mo, Antawn, Shaq, all allstar players.

The Cavaliers went 272-138 under Ferry.
  • Like 1