• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Am I the only one who thinks Lucas Nogueira can be special?

Bonkers

I've gone on record in another thread believing that Bebe can eventually become a 10/10/2 guy. His height, wingspan, and speed are elite. Hope that translates into him being our future starter.

• Like 2

Its going to come down to cost vs production; and whether his cap hit will hinder us in free agency. 16 MPG in a first class Euro League is good experience with zero cost. If on the other hand he can fill in for us with similar minutes, NBA experience is obviously better.

His cap hit is similar to Schröder's 1.3 to 1.6. If that cost us a valuable free agent, not worth it. Let him get another year in Europe and see how he develops. Vet minimums we can sign after we use our cap; I think we have to sign Lucas before hand.

All I have to say is he needs to be here next season

I've gone on record in another thread believing that Bebe can eventually become a 10/10/2 guy. His height, wingspan, and speed are elite. Hope that translates into him being our future starter.

I'm sallivating

• Moderators

Aren't you on record saying he will do that next year?

Personally, I remain excited about his potential (and Dennis's). There is a lot of unknown with him but the tools seem like they are there for a significant rotation piece with the potential for more.

On summer league, sometimes summer league is worse than nothing because success there can be very misleading. Aren't w e the fans who expected big things from summer MVP Dion Glover and others who were worthless in real games? Heck, I remember Marvin looking aggressive in the summer league but it was a mirage. Summer league is a very limited tool in my mind...but it is definitely fun to follow so I enjoy it as a fan.

Personally, I remain excited about his potential (and Dennis's). There is a lot of unknown with him but the tools seem like they are there for a significant rotation piece with the potential for more.

On summer league, sometimes summer league is worse than nothing because success there can be very misleading. Aren't w e the fans who expected big things from summer MVP Dion Glover and others who were worthless in real games? Heck, I remember Marvin looking aggressive in the summer league but it was a mirage. Summer league is a very limited tool in my mind...but it is definitely fun to follow so I enjoy it as a fan.

I agree. Summer league play is a blast to follow as a fan; and it can be very misleading. There is a huge difference when going up against a rookie John Wall vs a 4th year pro John Wall.

I cant wait to see Dennis throwing crazy lobs to Bebe in summer league again and eventually on the nba floor in live action. I think not having size and length on the court or a bonafide finisher hurt Dennis this year. Yeah he got turnover prone but he is a marksman with the pass and he didnt have anyone to deliver it to that would finish consistenty. Him and Bebe will have the same kind of synergy that Jenks and Scott once had, and if they happen to one day all play on the court together, phew watch out. I feel like Ferry is building his ideal team through the draft while his starters may all be transplants and leftovers, look at all his draft picks next to each other and they make one heck of a skilled line-up. All we are missing is a wing with length, athleticism and the ability to finish and defend

• Like 3

No. I have said that I'd love to see him come over next year though. What I did say, and I think it's where you're getting confused, is performing "right out of the gate." But I pulled back from that statement a bit and elaborated in follow ups throughout that thread. I really believe if Bebe is developed correctly and can put on 20 lbs, he has the potential to be a 10/10/2 starter. His combo of height, wingspan, and speed is rare.

Edited by hazer

Its going to come down to cost vs production; and whether his cap hit will hinder us in free agency. 16 MPG in a first class Euro League is good experience with zero cost. If on the other hand he can fill in for us with similar minutes, NBA experience is obviously better.

His cap hit is similar to Schröder's 1.3 to 1.6. If that cost us a valuable free agent, not worth it. Let him get another year in Europe and see how he develops. Vet minimums we can sign after we use our cap; I think we have to sign Lucas before hand.

I'd rather have Bebe at 1.3 to 1.6 million as opposed to Ayón at 1.5mil.

Deeks points to Nogueira being thin as a weakness but thinks that his talent can win that over. He absolutely will have to bulk up to play in the NBA but his length and athleticism casts him well as a shot blocker.

Dieng is an interesting comparison. He averaged 4.8 points and 5.0 rebounds as a rookie for the Timberwolves this season. He was little more than an afterthought for much of the season but saw his role increase at the end and averaged a double-double with 11.9 points and 10.7 rebounds per game in April. The biggest difference is Dieng is already 24 years old and played in the U.S. in college at Louisville. Nogueira will be 22 in July and has played abroad in his brief career.

Nogueira is expected to participate with the Atlanta Hawks during summer league but its anyone's guess whether or not he is in the team's plans for next season. Reports indicated his desire to not return to Spain this season and his injuries led to a reduced role with Estudiantes which has likely affected his development. Will the Hawks send him back to Spain for more seasoning next season or will they keep him where they can oversee his development and progress?

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2014/5/5/5682680/nba-draft-picks-unsigned-lucas-nogueira

I'd rather have Bebe at 1.3 to 1.6 million as opposed to Ayón at 1.5mil.

If Bebe is ready, he will be here. But don't expect any more from him as what you will get from Ayón. It will probably be less. This seasons scenario with injuries had Ayón starting 14 games for us. Do you really want to do that with Bebe at the end of the season and its a playoff seeding push?

I would no more want that, than I would want Dennis starting for us....

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

If Bebe is ready, he will be here. But don't expect any more from him as what you will get from Ayón. It will probably be less. This seasons scenario with injuries had Ayón starting 14 games for us. Do you really want to do that with Bebe at the end of the season and its a playoff seeding push?

I would no more want that, than I would want Dennis starting for us....

If we have injuries to Al and Pero again next season.......shok.gif

I hope Pero is a after thought next season.. Dude was a zero against Indiana

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 1

If we have injuries to Al and Pero again next season.......shok.gif

It does not take major injuries. A tweak here or there at the wrong time. Happens all the time. Its why players like Ayón, Antić, Brand are valuable. They are mature enough, strong enough, and experienced enough to give 20 or more minutes in a pinch.

Jermaine O'Neil has made a career out of doing just that for the last 5 or more years.

Edited by Buzzard

It does not take major injuries. A tweak here or there at the wrong time. Happens all the time. Its why players like Ayón, Antić, Brand are valuable. They are mature enough, strong enough, and experienced enough to give 20 or more minutes in a pinch.

I was on the Pero bandwagon but his performance in rd one just killed that man.. best to white boozer but hopefully not a Hawk

I was on the Pero bandwagon but his performance in rd one just killed that man.. best to white boozer but hopefully not a Hawk

I like Ayón better than Pero.