Am I the only one who thinks Lucas Nogueira can be special?

Bonkers

• Premium Member

Reality time about Bebe.

Bebe was picked because he was/is a project. IF he turns out .. good. If not... nobody will remember. I don't think you will see a big effort to bring him over to sit the bench unless he is more ready both in size and in skills. He was a money saving pick. Point blank.

Reality time about Bebe.

Bebe was picked because he was/is a project. IF he turns out .. good. If not... nobody will remember. I don't think you will see a big effort to bring him over to sit the bench unless he is more ready both in size and in skills. He was a money saving pick. Point blank.

I hope we see him. I think he's earned the right to come here after playing well in Spain. And believe or not but a player can be stashed with the GM still having intentions of bringing him over. He has potential based on athleticism alone, and he's already got the makings of a good help defender at the least. I definitely look forward to seeing a Schröder/Jenkins/draft pick/Scott/Bebe line up in the summer league.

^^^^ agree

PLUS

The ONLY thing Bebe has against him right now is weight/strength. Watch this kid play, his length and ability to finish and protect the rim are a thing of beauty. You cannot teach his height and length.

At 21 years old his ceiling is very high and he just needs to experience NBA competition so that he may continue his development. Dont expect him to be a beast but just a great rebounder and shot blocker

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I hope we see him. I think he's earned the right to come here after playing well in Spain. And believe or not but a player can be stashed with the GM still having intentions of bringing him over. He has potential based on athleticism alone, and he's already got the makings of a good help defender at the least. I definitely look forward to seeing a Schröder/Jenkins/draft pick/Scott/Bebe line up in the summer league.

It's not about intentions, it's about development. IF Bebe grows then it's worth it to "Start the Clock" on him. If not... then it's not. I mean, we have Antić and Muscala. We're going to get back Horf. If Bebe is still Bean Pole, he will never get playing time. It's in our own best interest to leave him there until he crosses the 240 barrier.

It's not about intentions, it's about development. IF Bebe grows then it's worth it to "Start the Clock" on him. If not... then it's not. I mean, we have Antić and Muscala. We're going to get back Horf. If Bebe is still Bean Pole, he will never get playing time. It's in our own best interest to leave him there until he crosses the 240 barrier.

@Diesel 240lbs+? Are you nuts. Joakim Noah is currently listed at 232lbs, John Henson at 220lbs, Larry Sanders 235lbs. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Again, I think he's crossed the threshold where his weight alone is will hold him back. I don't know how much he weighs so I can't make a judgement, but based on what I've read it seems like he deserves to join this team.

It's more than just what he can perform on the court; I want him to be able to talk to coaches and players, and learn the system. Not every draft pick has to make immediate impact on the court. So long as the likes of Mahinmi don't turn into Shaq when Bebe is on them, I'm ready to see him here next season.

Again, I think he's crossed the threshold where his weight alone is will hold him back. I don't know how much he weighs so I can't make a judgement, but based on what I've read it seems like he deserves to join this team.

It's more than just what he can perform on the court; I want him to be able to talk to coaches and players, and learn the system. Not every draft pick has to make immediate impact on the court. So long as the likes of Mahinmi don't turn into Shaq when Bebe is on them, I'm ready to see him here next season.

Its tough enough having one player only getting mop up minutes, like Dennis, on the bench; two is that much tougher. The D league is an option. But he counts against your payroll and the only way to bring him up is have a open slot, send someone else down, or release someone....

Caption this to quote Diesels infamous play on words...One minor or major injury to either your 1st or 2nd Center automatically promotes your 3rd center up to getting around 15 to 20 MPG. I do not want Bebe as our 3rd center. That would hurt us as a team and possibly hurt his confidence as well...

Edited by Buzzard

Its tough enough having one player only getting mop up minutes, like Dennis, on the bench; two is that much tougher. The D league is an option. But he counts against your payroll and the only way to bring him up is have a open slot, send someone else down, or release someone....

Caption this to quote Diesels infamous play on words...One minor or major injury to either your 1st or 2nd Center automatically promotes your 3rd center up to getting around 15 to 20 MPG. I do not want Bebe as our 3rd center. That would hurt us as a team and possibly hurt his confidence as well...

I don't see what the problem is. Few rookies that get drafted where Bebe was picked impact the team in a big way. Everyone starts somewhere. And having him instead of Ayón helps us- weight problem or no weight problem. Heck it got so bad we had to get Muscala just so that Brand didn't have to play 40 minutes a game. Would you really say that bringing Muscala in was bad for his development (not trying to say Bebe should have came in place) in the long term.

I don't see what the problem is. Few rookies that get drafted where Bebe was picked impact the team in a big way. Everyone starts somewhere. And having him instead of Ayón helps us- weight problem or no weight problem. Heck it got so bad we had to get Muscala just so that Brand didn't have to play 40 minutes a game. Would you really say that bringing Muscala in was bad for his development (not trying to say Bebe should have came in place) in the long term.

It was bad for our TEAM and Muscola is 100% more NBA ready than Bebe is.

It was bad for our TEAM and Muscola is 100% more NBA ready than Bebe is.

Bad in what way? Injuries had that position in shambles, that's nobody's fault. And I didn't say Bebe should have come instead. The right move was made, and I think it's Bebe's time to come over.

This kid is an important part of our teams future as his natural physical skills are a comodity and may one day finally allow Horf to be a PF. It is our responsibility to develop this kid the best way possible and by all inclinations his past season in Europe was good for playing time but a waste for him to put on weight. So the question is do we want him to continue to struggle getting bigger just so we can avoid the cap hit by leaving him in Europe or do we want him here learning the system, adjusting to the nba grind and working with our training staff on his size an strength DESPITE the fact that he may not see the court as much. There are pros and cons to both

Bad in what way? Injuries had that position in shambles, that's nobody's fault. And I didn't say Bebe should have come instead. The right move was made, and I think it's Bebe's time to come over.

Mike was a primary player for Obradoiro getting 26 minutes a game and averaging 14.6 PPG, 7.8 RPG, and shooting 54% FG, 33.3 3PT%, and 87.1 FT%. Maybe you are right about Bebe...

I have already said in one of my first post, I want to see how Bebe does in the upcoming summer league. Right now, I think he needs another season in Europe; but if he shows out in summer league, I won't be all doom and gloom if we sign him.

Edited by Buzzard

Joakim Noah weighs 10 more pounds than him and won DPOY this year. You guys are overvaluing this weight problem in the current NBA. John Henson is just as skinny and has been really good as well.

Right

And its not like this is a Center heavy league now. If this was the 90s and he had to deal with Shaq, Ewing, D-Robinson, Mourning, Hakeem it would be different

But a lot of y'all are really overstating the weight thing

• Moderators

Right

And its not like this is a Center heavy league now. If this was the 90s and he had to deal with Shaq, Ewing, D-Robinson, Mourning, Hakeem it would be different

But a lot of y'all are really overstating the weight thing

Plus guys have a body type and trying to artificially change it causes other problems in my opinion. Let him be who he is. Deke wasn't always pushing guys out of the lane. Often he let them drive and just blocked it from behind. It's a new nba. HIbbert certainly didn't pose big problems for us. Lopez has never been a hawks killer. Frankly it's Noah and the skinny talls guys that usually kill us.

• Like 3

I agree about the weight thing being over stated, However Bebe does have to get stronger. The one negative I saw from him in summer league was guys that had no future in the NBA backing him down under the rim for easy buckets. Right now he is a weakside defender only, he does not have the strength to guard any bigs in the post man to man. Thats the one thing you can give a guy like Pero credit, he may be perimeter oriented but he is strong enough to hold his ground against bigs on defense.

Again, I think that toughness and edge will only come from playing in the NBA.

This is one of the reasons some question the competitive rebuild idea. Some players are ready to win, some are ready to develop, tough to do both at the same time.

• Like 1