• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver radio interview coming up....

Recap:

Kyle Korver:

1. Sad to be cleaning out locker, most disappointed regarding game 6, they should have won - will haunt him for a while. Disappointed because they had the crowd and wanted to give them something special. It starts with the players, put a team together and playing the way that fans want to see them play

2. On the Scott Dunk in G6 – he was yelling as loud as everybody else.

3. Fun to see what could be in terms of fan supports and makes him and the team want to work hard this summer

4. On Coach Bud – great 1st year, sweats in gym alongside players, he’s in charge, everyone respects him, his word is final but still willing to take input from players and will debate plays etc with the players. Even the losing streak he lead them well, kept it positive and engaged.

5. On Teague – PG position is tough to play, a steep learning curve, his attention to detail is getting better, he accepted the challenge and became mentally tougher throughout the season. Has the tools to become an elite point guard.

6. How do the Hawks get better/improve – this season was about learning how they wanted to play, they played well – the next step is learning how to win games particularly at the end of games. Know which plays to run and execute them.

Danny Ferry:

1. On Teague – great experience for him in the playoffs as well as the entire team. He forced teams to adjust to him, had a better 2nd half season and playoffs.

2. On the Paul George incident – happy that common sense prevailed in no suspension, let the players determine the outcome of the games. Had no complaints on the NBA’s ruling

3. On the record 44 3’s – they were playing catch up all game, Indy did a better job at rim protection (14 blocks). When Al went out, he and Bud sat down and they determined the team would need to attempt at least 30 3’s a game to win.

4. Going Forward – they have a substance to what they are doing. Good trade partner, cap space and player development - they have the tools and opportunity to get better from within the organization as well as from outside.

5. On Draft – Draft is deeper than it was last year but not as great as some predicted at the beginning of the year.

Interesting for Ferry to say "We want 3's and we want to attack. Long 2's are not efficient." I definitely see Danny getting better shooters and a wing or two that can attack this offseason.

Hate to say it but I knew this. You can tell that ferry and bud wants better 3 ball guys (spurs like) and it's one of the many reasons I think ferry will go after hawes.

Also if there's a possible trade for someone like Aaron afflao I can see that happening as well.

Hate to say it but I knew this. You can tell that ferry and bud wants better 3 ball guys (spurs like) and it's one of the many reasons I think ferry will go after hawes.

Also if there's a possible trade for someone like Aaron afflao I can see that happening as well.

LOL @ your infatuation with Hawes. No diss I just find it funny. If we can get Hawes for 5-6 mill why not? He is gonna ask for 10-12 mill. Would you spend that on a backup PF/C?

• Moderators

LOL @ your infatuation with Hawes. No diss I just find it funny. If we can get Hawes for 5-6 mill why not? He is gonna ask for 10-12 mill. Would you spend that on a backup PF/C?

He'll ask for $10-12 mil but he'll be lucky to see north of $8 mil. I put him at $7.25 mil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

I like what I am hearing but we need some acton meeting words this offseason. We need a star player on this team. Go get us one Danny.

I'm right there with you on this, but I don't see it happening.

• Premium Member

We definitely have the pieces to do it. Are we willing to let Horford, Millsap, or Teague go is the question.

That's the thing. I know nothing's set in stone, but the chatter seems to suggest they intend to bring those three back.

• Premium Member

thts actually ferrys core. Just need a healthy year out of horford and the rest will come along

I can definitely see that being his core for next season. Ferry doesn't want to jeopardize his financial flexibility, which is smart. Beyond next season, I'd hope not. He should be looking to make BIG TIME upgrades to the core. The current core won't be taking the Hawks much farther than they went this season.
  • Like 1