• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk! Are we already delirious about the upcoming free agents?

JTB

milsap is not a SF I agree with affalo but I think they should spend the money else where on a wing like heyward or deng

I'd rather get the Center and against lineups that required it, start DMC instead of Gortat. That way Horford doesn't need to start EVERY game at C.

• Premium Member

We have posters talking about bringing in Patty Mills or Gortat (not to crack on Diesel) and Im thinking…...

-why the hell would Patty Mills leave the spurs bench to play with the hawks bench? when you can answer that with something that makes sense then we can really think about bringing him over.

CREAM... Cash Rules Everything Around Me. The Spurs are not going to pony up any money for Mills in comparison to what he will be offered on the open market. We are the best of both worlds. We can offer him what he has in San Antonio with more money. Moreover, our coach won't call him "Fatty Mills" and make comments to the press that He has a Fat Arse.

• Premium Member

I won't hold my breath waiting for Orlando to take Lou for Afflalo.... Why would they do that? Maybe sap or Korver. I agree that we will probably make some quiet moves. Like Patty Mills. If we do sign Mills, then it's goodbye to Mack (which I would hate) and Dennis. Or maybe we'd keep Mack because he's so cheap and trade Dennis because he'd get us back something.

Here's something. Dennis for Shabazz.

Danny Granger is intriguing... I wonder if he can ever get back to prior form or at least close to it. I think I can live with Korver at SG, but if that is the case I would like to have a go to dynamic scorer at the SF position.

• Premium Member

Danny Granger is intriguing... I wonder if he can ever get back to prior form or at least close to it. I think I can live with Korver at SG, but if that is the case I would like to have a go to dynamic scorer at the SF position.

Granger is the type of guy that can play the 3 or the 4 comfortably (when healthy). He is intriguing. However, I would love to see Ariza simply because of the outside shooting and defense. Sefalosha is also interesting.

I won't hold my breath waiting for Orlando to take Lou for Afflalo.... Why would they do that? Maybe sap or Korver. I agree that we will probably make some quiet moves. Like Patty Mills. If we do sign Mills, then it's goodbye to Mack (which I would hate) and Dennis. Or maybe we'd keep Mack because he's so cheap and trade Dennis because he'd get us back something.

Here's something. Dennis for Shabazz.

Who knows how much he'll make next year? If Hawks makes the QO, he's still a restricted FA, isn't he?

• Moderators

Who knows how much he'll make next year? If Hawks makes the QO, he's still a restricted FA, isn't he?

He is a restricted ONLY if we make the QO right? Otherwise he is unrestricted. But if we make the QO then we would have to match the offer he gets or if he doesn't get one he plays under the QO for one year. I think anyway. Don't know why i'm commenting because I'm usually wrong on contract stuff.

• Moderators

Right for the most part.

He only plays under the QO if he accepts it, that is the only thing you screwed up on.

But if he gets no other offers does he have a choice? If he doesn't accept it (or we don't negotiate) then he doesn't play that year right?

For real though...

1) Trade Afflalo for Lou and a draft pick

2) Sign Gortat outright

3) Draft an athletic wing that is aggressive on offense and can shoot

4) Bring over Bebe, continue to develop him along with Moose, Dennis, Mack and Scott

5) and most important... Get Al back healthy

This would be a dream off-season for us. Guaranteed to be in a position to flourish next season.

Teague / Mack / Dennis

Afflalo / KK / Draft pick

Millsap / DMC / Draft pick

Horford / Scott / Moose

Gortat / Bebe

Sounds good but I don't see us getting afflalo or gortat but I do like it.

• Moderators

(Sources!) say "Suddenly... This Summer..."

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2