• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta starting to appeal as FA destination?

ersimo2889

• Premium Member

I think as big as anything is that in the space of about two years, the franchise has been able to push aside its front office keystone cops image, and is starting to replace that with an aire of stability there.

• Like 3

Not sure how reliable Sam Amico is, but this is, at the very least, encouraging!

YES!!!

Free Agents see the boys running a real unselfish offense.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The question now is, What kind of free agents is he talking about? Difference makers or bench guys?

Of course, that doesn’t mean the likes of LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony or Chris Bosh are lining up to join the Hawks, but players on a tier or two below the upper echelon could be interested and that may be enough to push the Hawks beyond the first round.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/10/nba-rumors-atlanta-hawks-hot-free-agent-option/#!MmrPj

So basically guys like Granger or Gay which I'd be as ecstatic over Granger signing as I was over the Falcons getting S-Jax dance3.gifdance3.gifdance3.gif. Granger and S-Jax were my favorite players for the longest time. Granger would probably come fairly cheap ($8.25 mil) and isn't going to want to be a bench role guy for the Clips. Put him either at SF or SG. Not only do we improve our starting core but we also improve the bench by moving KK or DMC to the bench. I wouldn't be mad about signing Gay either.

And Sam Amico is from Fox Sports Ohio... which covers the Cavs... which has free-agent-to-be Spencer Hawes.

• Premium Member

http://fansided.com/2014/05/10/nba-rumors-atlanta-hawks-hot-free-agent-option/#!MmrPj

So basically guys like Granger or Gay which I'd be as ecstatic over Granger signing as I was over the Falcons getting S-Jax dance3.gifdance3.gifdance3.gif. Granger and S-Jax were my favorite players for the longest time. Granger would probably come fairly cheap ($8.25 mil) and isn't going to want to be a bench role guy for the Clips. Put him either at SF or SG. Not only do we improve our starting core but we also improve the bench by moving KK or DMC to the bench. I wouldn't be mad about signing Gay either.

And Sam Amico is from Fox Sports Ohio... which covers the Cavs... which has free-agent-to-be Spencer Hawes.

Those guys aren't going to make the Hawks contenders. If the Hawks are smart, they'll save their flexibility instead of using it on guys that will get them stuck in mediocrity.

It's almost impossible to figure out who he's talking about but it's a good sign nonetheless. It also shows how much Teague has improved from a player who was looked at as a place holder for Dennis to somebody players around the league wanna play with

We can definitely make moves to get to the ECFinals. I can't see how a team that is one step away from the finals is not a contender. We could have gotten to the ECFinals this year if we did not give away game 4 and 6.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Those guys aren't going to make the Hawks contenders. If the Hawks are smart, they'll save their flexibility instead of using it on guys that will get them stuck in mediocrity.

Seriously? Do you remember whay you said about Millsap agreeing to terms with Hawks?

Double Yuck!

I can't stop laughing!!! Too funny man!

I wouldn't take any of DF's signings for granted.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Yeah because like many others I wasn't thrilled with the signing of yet another power forward. Milsap had a good season, but did he make the Hawks a contender? Yes or No? Also, if you believe guys like Spencer Hawes and Rudy Gay are going to make the Hawks contenders, that's on you. I'd rather see them save the flexibility to go after the big fish.

• Moderators

That Granger/SJax comparison seems about right. Not sure that is a good thing.

Gay seems like a bad fit and big risk if he doesn't 't sustain his brief time in Sacto. His career norm is not good at his price point. See his impact on Memphis and Toronto. In that way he reminds me of Marbury where the team that ditches him does better when he is gone.

• Premium Member

Looked like Granger's absence made Indy more vulnerable .. Cannot say the same for Gay he seems like a guy who puts up good nimbers for bad teams. Ariza or Afflalo i like. I like the idea of Pero next to Horford i really think he was playing hurt and it effected his shot in postseason.