• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another year, no legit prospects rumored to come to Atlanta

NBASupes

IMO whenever you have a chance to go after a top 5 player in the league, you do it. I guess we can keep hoping and praying LeBron chooses the Hawks though.

I don't think anyone will argue not going after Love. But he does have choices. So far it looks like he is leaning towards big markets only. Chicago, LA, Boston, NY. Houston is the only small market destination on his short list that I have read about; and that is due to D12, Harden, and Parsons. Though chances are they will have to ship Harden or Parsons in any trade they come up with.

Edited by Buzzard

I don't think anyone will argue going after Love. But he does have choices. So far it looks like he is leaning towards big markets only. Chicago, LA, Boston, NY. Houston is the only small market destination on his short list that I have read about; and that is due to D12, Harden, and Parsons. Though chances are they will have to ship Harden or Parsons in any trade they come up with.

I agree we aren't listed on the Wojo report, but Ferry has always been silent until we need to hear about his endeavors. Minnesota fans actually see us as a very viable trade option.

http://www.canishoopus.com/2014/5/18/5729074/the-definitive-kevin-love-trade-guide

Atlanta Hawks

Assets: 15th overall pick, Paul Millsap (1 year, 9.5), Kyle Korver (3/18), Al Horford(3/36), Jeff Teague (3/24), Lou Williams (1/5.5), Dennis Schröder (1 year plus rookie options)

15th overall pick, Millsap, and Korver would be an intriguing offer. Millsap gives you a Love replacement at 80 cents on dollar. He would need to be extended to negate risk of him walking. Korver helps the shooting problem, and the 15th pick could net a cheap young asset or packaged in a trade with the 13th pick. But would the team be willing to commit a 3/30 type deal for Millsap, when the team would have issues on defense just the same as Love-Pek. Haven't heard the Hawks mentioned in the Love sweepstakes, but they are an under the radar team as Danny Ferry has done his best to sign guys that are short term gaps, as well as trade assets. Only question is would Love consider an extension there? Is Teague-Love-Horford even better than Rubio-Love-Pek? Hawks would only have 38 million tied up to that trio so could make a run at another player, and it would be enough in the East to make playoffs.

Odds: 15/1

Fit: 6.5/10

Regardless, it will be an interesting offseason.

• Premium Member

IMO whenever you have a chance to go after a top 5 player in the league, you do it. I guess we can keep hoping and praying LeBron chooses the Hawks though.

LeBron will most likely recruit a new cast to Miami in the summer of 2015 to help continue his title runs. I don't believe he opts out after this season. That said, the Hawks better do something to make themselves more attractive because they will have some tough competition for free agents in 2015.

I agree we aren't listed on the Wojo report, but Ferry has always been silent until we need to hear about his endeavors. Minnesota fans actually see us as a very viable trade option.

http://www.canishoopus.com/2014/5/18/5729074/the-definitive-kevin-love-trade-guide

Regardless, it will be an interesting offseason.

if we were able to land love in a trade centered around millsap, would that be enough to lure melo?

teague

korver

melo

love

horford

Coach bud could make that work.

• Premium Member

Horford is pretty much unavailable and no way does Millsap sign off on staying in Minny longterm. So, a deal for Love with the Hawks is a pipe dream at best.

The best chance for the Hawks getting a marquee player is if they gid rid of the lottery and go to a system that gives every team periodic chances at high draft picks.

• Moderators

if we were able to land love in a trade centered around millsap, would that be enough to lure melo?

teague

korver

melo

love

horford

We don't have the cap room for both Love and Melo. We would have to shed significant salary to get Melo and give up more than just Sap + 15 to get Love.

• Premium Member

teague

korver

melo

love

horford

No. Melo cant play with anyone, he has to dominate the ball and that wont work here where you gotta play within the offense.

• Moderators

No. Melo cant play with anyone, he has to dominate the ball and that wont work here where you gotta play within the offense.

The interesting thing with Melo is that he did defer on the Olympic squad and he was playing his best as a result. Can he do that in the NBA? The answer to that question probably determines whether he will ever be part of a contender.

We have talk of Asik's attitude yet Melo forced Denver top trade him to New York and he was starting. Melo has great skill set but is empty upstairs

Melo wanted to win and never tanked on his team. Asik just wants to start and by most reports did tank on his team. There is a difference between caring about winning and caring about who starts. And there is a difference between wanting to play hard every night vs not wanting to play at all.

I don't think anyone will argue not going after Love. But he does have choices. So far it looks like he is leaning towards big markets only. Chicago, LA, Boston, NY. Houston is the only small market destination on his short list that I have read about; and that is due to D12, Harden, and Parsons. Though chances are they will have to ship Harden or Parsons in any trade they come up with.

Houston is the 4th largest city in the country.

Houston is the 4th largest city in the country.

I understand that and they are the 5th largest Metro area. We are 9th. The giants though, Chicago, LA, and NY are a minimum 40+% larger than Houston; with NY and LA doubling and tripling them; I was wrong about Boston though; they are right behind us at 10th in metro area population.

I do think Metro area and State population is a better measure of a market. The truly big money comes from TV ratings 1st; then gate receipts second. As fans we think of sellouts; marketing people are well aware that TV contracts and apparel sales profits trump gate receipt profits all day long.

One of my favorite things to mention when talking on this subject is: LA County has more people in it than the whole state of Georgia. In other words, the county of LA is a bigger market than the whole state of Georgia....

Edited by Buzzard

We have talk of Asik's attitude yet Melo forced Denver top trade him to New York and he was starting. Melo has great skill set but is empty upstairs

Melo didn't think Denver did enough to win and didn't think Denver was a good market for him and mainly his wife who didn't like Denver. Clearly NY has been fugazi for Melo so he is up for leaving.

Isn't Millsap a star? Isn't Horford a star? Other than that, name the teams that have a Kevin Durant and/or Lebron James. I guess there are 20 something other teams that can't sign "a superstar". If your talking about just a star, we have three ourselves Horford, Millsap and Teague.

• Moderators

Isn't Millsap a star? Isn't Horford a star? Other than that, name the teams that have a Kevin Durant and/or Lebron James. I guess there are 20 something other teams that can't sign "a superstar". If your talking about just a star, we have three ourselves Horford, Millsap and Teague.

We don't have any star that can be the best player on a championship team. Let's not get caught up in the difference between a star, a superstar, etc.

You need that key building block and we have lots of great complimentary pieces.