• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another year, no legit prospects rumored to come to Atlanta

NBASupes

I seen Deng in Cleveland, he's done and isn't worth more than a 2 yr contract.

I seen Asik, he's worth Lou and a draft pick but not Millsap.

The other rumors just aren't legit. Det will resign Monroe. Utah will resign Hayward. Most of the restricted guys aren't leaving unless they are complete underachievers.

We are Malcolm in the Middle. I hope Melo comes, he would change the dynamics of this team ASAP.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

The other rumors just aren't legit. Det will resign Monroe. Utah will resign Hayward. Most of the restricted guys aren't leaving unless they are complete underachievers.

We are Malcolm in the Middle. I hope Melo comes, he would change the dynamics of this team ASAP.

Most teams are Malcolm in the Middle....

There are only a limited number of all-star quality free agents every season. More times than not they do stay with their rights teams. That is why most people call it stealing when you can actually get that caliber of a player to come to your team.

I am not worried, our players are not a bunch of scrubs and cast offs. We have three high quality players in Teague, Millsap, and Horford. We stole Millsap last season right under everyone's nose. I still think Hayward, Monroe, and Lance are possibilities for leaving due to their teams impending cap situations. 2015 is a flat out loaded free agent period.

We just got in a best of both worlds cap situation last season when Josh walked. That landed us Millsap. If we don't get a player that's worth it this year; all we can do is stay cap friendly, draft, and try again in 2015. The only real plan is to be ready with your cap; and don't waste your picks trading them away for high cost, long term contract, low value players.

We are ready. Lets see what happens.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

No way the Pistons resign Monroe, Deng has openly stated he didn't like Cleveland. I'm not so sure about Asik but I know Monroe is on the way out.

The trio of Josh/Drummond/Monroe likely will not work out in the long term and Josh probably is not so movable right now. Monroe is the most likely of the three to go. Just like you said.

The trio of Josh/Drummond/Monroe likely will not work out in the long term and Josh probably is not so movable right now. Monroe is the most likely of the three to go. Just like you said.

Josh is tradable. You can flip him and Jennings for Deron. Clearly, it isn't a good trade but a trade nonetheless.

There's always next year.

That should be the Hawks slogan.

Josh is tradable. You can flip him and Jennings for Deron. Clearly, it isn't a good trade but a trade nonetheless.

There is always next year.

That should be every teams slogan that does not win a championship.

We are better than Detroit, we have cap, we have our pick. I know you expect a miracle; but there are much worse things. Like being a Pistons fan...Our outlook is so much better than using all your cap on Josh and Jennings; and ending up in the lottery with the possibility of not having a pick!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Agree on being glad we didn't make a bunch of dumb, dumb signings like Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Josh Smith, etc. Joe Dumars has made some brutally bad decisions. Done a mix of extremes in the draft - Darko is one of the all-time worst picks while Monroe and their young C stud have been great picks around that 8 or 9 territory.

• Premium Member

Supes,

You gotta realize the Hawks are not gonna go out and sign a major player as a free agent, their just not gonna do it. The reason IMO that Ferry was brought to Atlanta is because he will go after the bottom feeder players. DF did a great job bringing Bud here because he is going to be an outstanding coach and did a hell of a job with this team. The Hawks will sign and trade for "role" players. Sap and DMC are role players that fit the system and that proved to be a positive this year. I would love to see a Kevin Love or similar star player here but IMO it will never happen.

My .02

• Like 1

I think Brookyln would rather Bargnani, Felton, and Hardaway Jr for Deron that would atleast create cap space for them with Barg's coming off the book next offseason and being tradeable at the trade deadline.Josh and Jennings would not be good on the books and there is zero guarantee that would be a playoff team.

Edited by MrMeltdown

I don't think teams are going to want Josh. His game is not going to age well. He has 2 seasons or so more and his athletic game will start to go away. His shot blocking is declining and his shooting is getting even worse. And he is only 29?

• Moderators

We have a shot at Love i think. He is ready to move and wants to make the playoffs but everyone is talking about the Celtics. Really? Ferry isn't going to sit on the sidelines on that one. We may not get him but we have as good a chance as anyone.

• Premium Member

Don't think any of us saw Sap and DMC signings. They weren't on the radar. Wouldn't be surprised to see something similar happen again this year

Yes Sap was talked about often, DMC, I dont remember.

So you dont like the dynamics that the Hawks has already? Think about this, we was couple of min away from take out the top seed in the East (btw, they are 6 - 2 since they loss game 5) and we did not have our best player since December. Yes I believe that we need a superstar here but at the same time we need to think if he is going to follow what Coach Bud wants and we need to make sure it wont do a "Danny Manning" on us.

Supers, I am on the same page with you that we need to bring in somebody but with next year crop of FA, still swap of the Nets pick and lot of cap space, I think we should look into next year for this.

Supes,

You gotta realize the Hawks are not gonna go out and sign a major player as a free agent, their just not gonna do it. The reason IMO that Ferry was brought to Atlanta is because he will go after the bottom feeder players. DF did a great job bringing Bud here because he is going to be an outstanding coach and did a hell of a job with this team. The Hawks will sign and trade for "role" players. Sap and DMC are role players that fit the system and that proved to be a positive this year. I would love to see a Kevin Love or similar star player here but IMO it will never happen.

My .02

Yep. I honestly don't feel we have the trade assets to trade for a superstar much less a faux star like Affalo. I think this team is locked into the middle. I like the idea of Asik for the right price but Houston don't. I like the idea of trading for Love but at what price. Love doesn't seem like Atlanta is a place he wants to be. Maybe Lebron or Melo would be interested. The system for Melo and Bron is crazy good here for them.

So you dont like the dynamics that the Hawks has already? Think about this, we was couple of min away from take out the top seed in the East (btw, they are 6 - 2 since they loss game 5) and we did not have our best player since December. Yes I believe that we need a superstar here but at the same time we need to think if he is going to follow what Coach Bud wants and we need to make sure it wont do a "Danny Manning" on us.

Supers, I am on the same page with you that we need to bring in somebody but with next year crop of FA, still swap of the Nets pick and lot of cap space, I think we should look into next year for this.

This team has the right role players. I think we still need to choose between Horf or Sap and get a center from there. Mainly Sap since Horf is worth too much in a trade and he is a much better player in general even if Sap give us damn good value. I think we have drafted well. Jenkins could have been solid this year if it wasn't for his injury. Dennis is growing. He wasn't ready as a rook but his talent is there. Scott is solid as is Mack. I like our team in general as well as the coaching but we are locked into the middle until we get a tier one player like Melo or Bron.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

My main fear is that after this year these owners who for years kept talking about the "pistons model" ie never get a superstar and hope a bunch of B players can win a title will once again insist on that model to Ferry. We still need a supersar. We have role players and good but not great starters...and still will never get past the second round unless we get a superstar.

• Like 3

My main fear is that after this year these owners who for years kept talking about the "pistons model" ie never get a superstar and hope a bunch of B players can win a title will once again insist on that model to Ferry. We still need a supersar. We have role players and good but not great starters...and still will never get past the second round unless we get a superstar.

IMO whenever you have a chance to go after a top 5 player in the league, you do it. I guess we can keep hoping and praying LeBron chooses the Hawks though.