• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im glad we didn't beat the Pacers....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about us losing game 6... I think we should have won that one. However, my outlook is this. We could have probably gotten past Washington. BUT... Miami would have easily 4-0'd us with everybody watching. I think it would have been a big blow to our franchises respect nationally. With the way we played Indiana, the farther they go, the more respect we get. However, had we been blown out by the heat, I'm sure that everything we would have accomplished would have been written off as a fluke.

I also believe that it should have made our players hungrier.

• Moderators

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about us losing game 6... I think we should have won that one. However, my outlook is this. We could have probably gotten past Washington. BUT... Miami would have easily 4-0'd us with everybody watching. I think it would have been a big blow to our franchises respect nationally. With the way we played Indiana, the farther they go, the more respect we get. However, had we been blown out by the heat, I'm sure that everything we would have accomplished would have been written off as a fluke.

I also believe that it should have made our players hungrier.

I think you're forgetting that Woody isn't the coach anymore. I think we'd have shown up and been competitive.

• Like 1

I disagree. We took the Pacers to game seven and now they're up 1-0 in the Eastern conference finals. Miami wouldn't sweep us...but it's silly to debate it, because it's a moot point...

• Premium Member

I disagree too because Miami and Indiana both had a hard time with us. If we had beaten the Pacers and got past the Wiz we would be competitive with Miami. I think it would be Miami in 6 or 7.

• Moderators

I think Diesel is right that a series against Miami would have been lopsided (assuming we got past Washington) but I would rather take my chances than fail because of a fear of being embarrassed.

• Like 2

Diesel: I too fear that you are selling us short.

I agree. If we had made it to the finals and the Heat blew us away in four,

all the respect we had gained would have been lost.

We didn't and they ain't.

I also agree that, the better the Pacers look in the eastern finals, the better

it makes us look because of the way we played them.

Now that we are out of it, wouldn't it make us look great if the Heat lost it

in four! That will not happen, but I hope it does.

GO PACERS!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I disagree. We took the Pacers to game seven and now they're up 1-0 in the Eastern conference finals. Miami wouldn't sweep us...but it's silly to debate it, because it's a moot point...

My friend, Playoff games are about Matchups. Just because we looked good against Indy doesn't mean we would have held a candle to Lebron and Company. They would have loved the fact that we don't have an inside presence. The inside presence is why Indy is up on Miami. They used West and Hibbert to beat on them without mercy in game 1. Where is our inside presence? Bottom line is our style would have been easier for Miami to stop.

• Premium Member

I think Diesel is right that a series against Miami would have been lopsided (assuming we got past Washington) but I would rather take my chances than fail because of a fear of being embarrassed.

It's not just fear of embarrassment, it's loss of respect. Right now, we have the respect of most FAs and GMs in the league. They respect our coaching, they respect our players. We get 4-0d by Miami and there would be no respect coming back.

• Moderators

It's not just fear of embarrassment, it's loss of respect. Right now, we have the respect of most FAs and GMs in the league. They respect our coaching, they respect our players. We get 4-0d by Miami and there would be no respect coming back.

I think you're exaggerating. I can't think of any GM so dumb to think that a 1st round loss is better than an eastern conference finals sweep. . I mean come on. Making the ECF would be an achievement that no Atlanta Hawks team has accomplished.

• Like 1

I would have liked getting the exposure. Especially against the Wizards. It could have been billed nationally as the never say die Hawks against the up and coming Wizards. Miami is a brutal match up without Horford; but a Wizards series would have been enjoyable.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'd much rather have our first ECF appearance and the national stage. The media would chalk a sweep in the ECF as the Hawks were w/o Al Horford, fatigued, and overachieved. Coach Bud would be our star in the ECF and it would make guys respect us even more. Very few great coaches in the NBA and we have one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think making the ECF for the first time in Atlanta history while missing Al Horford would get us a lot more respect than a decent first round exit.

What kind of backwards thinking is this. Better to be in it with a chance than none at all.

The hawks haven't made it pass the 2nd round in how many years and you prefer not to get there because of some made up fear. Who thinks like that. That's just a loser mentality.

What about just putting your best foot forward and let the chips fall where they may.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

What kind of backwards thinking is this. Better to be in it with a chance than none at all.

The hawks haven't made it pass the 2nd round in how many years and you prefer not to get there because of some made up fear. Who thinks like that. That's just a loser mentality.

What about just putting your best foot forward and let the chips fall where they may.

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

I was worrried we were going to have to play the Heat and lose in round 1 while dealing with the dancing and powder and the rest of Le bras bs.. We gave the Pacers a hell of a series and it was fun to watch. I hope the Pacers beat Miami, we sure wouldnt be able to.

Edited by NJHAWK