• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks appear highly interested in 3 ufas

GrimeyKidd

When did Jordan Hill become "great". This is 3rd tier talent. He's Horf size with less ability. I'm not sold on this.

Great? No ones calling them great players - it's more of a great fit for what we don't have and need in the front court - rebounding help and hustle. Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think I'm looking at Heyward. If Ferry and Bud want a wing that has size, can shoot, play some D and will fit perfectly into their culture, then he looks like the guy.

Remember Gordon is a RFA; meaning we will most likely have to max him in order to get him.

You are correct regarding Bud and Kawhi....

I think the last question, as I’m thinking about this, if you want a real specific on his importance, as I said there is not one event, somebody’s importance develops over time, your owners asked me a question – what is one example of something that is really significant that affect the team that would be the George Hill-Kawhi Leonard trade. Bud was all over me for that one. I didn’t want to do it because George Hill was one of my favorite players all-time. I had a real special relationship with that kid. To this day, we still work together on a couple of community things in San Antonio and Indianapolis. I did not want to do it but Bud was the driving force behind it. He was hammering myself and R.C. because we need a 3, we need a bigger 3. George Hill would have continued to play behind Tony Parker probably, in all logic I assume that would have been true. With Manu (Ginoboli) at the 2, George wasn’t going to get all the minutes he deserved. With a need at the 3 so Manu wouldn’t have to play the position, or Danny Green, we thought this would make some sense. I remember right up until draft night, I’m sitting up there with Peter Holt, our owner, and Bud is done there hammering on R.C. and looking up at me. They are looking up, at me and I’m thinking “I don’t want to do this. Jesus I don’t want to do this.’ He made me pull the trigger and it’s been a great trade for both teams. That was something very specific that he had his hand in.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-hawks/2013/jun/03/full-q-and-gregg-popovich-mike-budenholzer/

This is actually exactly what I was referring to!

jaybirdhawk - good find!

• Moderators

dmc must have masked gordans defensive liabilities

DMC took on a bigger role and flourished. Heyward floundered. It may be that with DMC gone Heyward had more defensive responsibility and struggled while the prior year he didn't have to work as hard and was more offensively efficient.

I just don't see it as a slam dunk that Heyward is a plus SF and I want that to be a given if I am paying $10M+ a year.

DMC took on a bigger role and flourished. Heyward floundered. It may be that with DMC gone Heyward had more defensive responsibility and struggled while the prior year he didn't have to work as hard and was more offensively efficient.

I just don't see it as a slam dunk that Heyward is a plus SF and I want that to be a given if I am paying $10M+ a year.

Also he had Millsap and Jefferson.

• Moderators

Also he had Millsap and Jefferson.

It could be any number of reasons. I don't watch the Jazz enough to speculate. I just know that Heyward struggled last year and doesn't seem to have high upside to me so paying big dollars doesn't make much sense for someone who should be a plus starter at best and an average starter at worst. We already have DMC who can give you average starter production.

I can't believe you guys are debating bringing these bums to our team. I really can't believe it?

Oh I'm sorry!

Let's talk about bringing in lebron, wade, bosh, melo...it's very likely we get them all this summer!

Championship!

I can't believe we are talking about bringing in stars but then again we always get star players....don't we?