• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Evan Turner anyone?

JTB

• Premium Member

Yeah I just asked that question! Lol

Seriously...I rather go after lance but I'm almost certain his first choice will be to stay with the pacers. So why not Evan Turner?

Evan Turner .....

-25 years young

-he played a lot better in Philly...hard to judge a player on the pacers! George Hill and others were better on other teams before they got Indiana too.

-at ohio state he was a great shooter and actually the best coming in, in his draft class at shooting! Not sure what happened once he got to the nba.

-at the nba level he has become a pretty good slasher which is weird because at Ohio he was a fantastic shooter.

-defensively he's not that bad actually pretty decent of course could be a lot better.

This guy gets a lot of heat as he didn't live up to expectations but I think coach bud and crew could develop this guy and make him a good player for us. Also he shouldn't be that much as his value has dropped greatly since being on the pacers.

What you guys think?

First off, Lance will never be a Hawk. Ferry looks at Character first and foremost. Lance is not a high character guy. You can expect us to resign Brand before we sign Lance.

Secondly, Turner is in the same boat.

Just get ready for Patty Mills, Bebe and Shelvin Mack as our FA pickups.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't know, the asking price from Philly was a lowly 2nd rounder and they barely eked that out by the skin of their teeth.

If his trade interest is any indication then I think he goes the way of Beasley, Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry etc. Bust picks that GMs only sign to "show me" vet min deals because they actually had their eyes open during the players' rookie deals. Don't worry, you don't have to make a wager with me on that spiteful.gif

I agree the asking price from Philly was pretty low but it was the same dynamic for Josh Smith as well. He couldn't fetch anything because of his warts and his pending free agency.

Maybe Turner will go really cheap, but I am expecting someone to get desperate at the wing and take a stab at him for $5M or so per season. The only thing that makes me think you might be right is just how terrible he has looked in Indy in the spotlight of a high profile team.

I don't know, the asking price from Philly was a lowly 2nd rounder and they barely eked that out by the skin of their teeth.

If his trade interest is any indication then I think he goes the way of Beasley, Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry etc. Bust picks that GMs only sign to "show me" vet min deals because they actually had their eyes open during the players' rookie deals. Don't worry, you don't have to make a wager with me on that spiteful.gif

The original asking price was a 1st round pick - nobody would pony up so they had to settle for the 2nd rounder.

First off, Lance will never be a Hawk. Ferry looks at Character first and foremost. Lance is not a high character guy. You can expect us to resign Brand before we sign Lance.

Secondly, Turner is in the same boat.

Just get ready for Patty Mills, Bebe and Shelvin Mack as our FA pickups.

There's that patty mills name again! What makes you think mills would leave the spurs? Seriously why would he leave a contending possible championship team to come play with the hawks. I get we are trying to run the same system but please convince me that mills would bolt San Antonio for the hawks?

Turner on the other hand is looking to get his career back on track. I can see him coming for 4mil one year deal and working with coach bud to turn his career around.

There's that patty mills name again! What makes you think mills would leave the spurs? Seriously why would he leave a contending possible championship team to come play with the hawks. I get we are trying to run the same system but please convince me that mills would bolt San Antonio for the hawks?

Turner on the other hand is looking to get his career back on track. I can see him coming for 4mil one year deal and working with coach bud to turn his career around.

Turner's career was never on track so not possible to get back on it. I'd much rather take a shot at Wesley Johnson for less money than Turner as Johnson is just as talented but can at least knock down the 3 and defend a little bit.

• Like 3

Turner's career was never on track so not possible to get back on it. I'd much rather take a shot at Wesley Johnson for less money than Turner as Johnson is just as talented but can at least knock down the 3 and defend a little bit.

DMC is our 3 and D guy. Sure I wouldn't give Turner a multi-year contract but I don't think we will have to. Turner is on his last NBA legs and is trying to prove himself. 4-5 mill one year deal sounds fair.

DMC is our 3 and D guy. Sure I wouldn't give Turner a multi-year contract but I don't think we will have to. Turner is on his last NBA legs and is trying to prove himself. 4-5 mill one year deal sounds fair.

Why give him that when you can have Wesley Johnson who's a better player, can play the 2-3 with great size and will certainly cost less and would probably take a 1 year deal.

Why give him that when you can have Wesley Johnson who's a better player, can play the 2-3 with great size and will certainly cost less and would probably take a 1 year deal.

Syracuse love in full effect. Ride or die ..

Becuase of Turner's superior ball handling. We need someone who can create. Turner's problem is he has a tendency to take bad shots. if he focuses on his 3 pt shot and attacking the rim more than his midrange jumper his efficiency will improve. I'm sure Bud who is big on metrics will help him with that. If he stinks he is gone next year anyway.

Becuase of Turner's superior ball handling. We need someone who can create. Turner's problem is he has a tendency to take bad shots. if he focuses on his 3 pt shot and attacking the rim more than his midrange jumper his efficiency will improve. I'm sure Bud who is big on metrics will help him with that. If he stinks he is gone next year anyway.

We don't really need creators like that. We need wings who can defend, rebound and knock down the 3. Let the PG create and open things up and make sure all 5 guys can pass.

Syracuse love in full effect. Ride or die ..

I'm not in love with Wesley as he's been a huge disappointment in the NBA but given a choice between he and Turner and I take Wesley every day as his skillset fits us better. He's 6'7 and defends and rebounds a bit and shoots over 35% from 3 and would fit in perfectly in our system. Bud could turn him into a Danny Green type and he'd be cheap. Plus he's only been in the league 3 years so still room to develop.

• Like 1

I'm not in love with Wesley as he's been a huge disappointment in the NBA but given a choice between he and Turner and I take Wesley every day as his skillset fits us better. He's 6'7 and defends and rebounds a bit and shoots over 35% from 3 and would fit in perfectly in our system. Bud could turn him into a Danny Green type and he'd be cheap. Plus he's only been in the league 3 years so still room to develop.

I don't know, he still is 26 about to be 27 in July limiting his potential no matter how few years he's spent in the league.

Regardless, I remember this lil diddy

Wesley Johnson revealed he declined more lucrative contract offers from the Milwaukee Bucks and Atlanta Hawks during the offseason.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230903/Wesley-Johnson-Passed-On-Bucks-Hawks-In-Favor-Of-Lakers-System

So Ferry might give him another look. Only further goes to show the covert OPs that Ferry is running because at the time that article/tweet was posted I don't think anyone knew that he was even on our radar.

I don't know, he still is 26 about to be 27 in July limiting his potential no matter how few years he's spent in the league.

Regardless, I remember this lil diddy

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230903/Wesley-Johnson-Passed-On-Bucks-Hawks-In-Favor-Of-Lakers-System

So Ferry might give him another look. Only further goes to show the covert OPs that Ferry is running because at the time that article/tweet was posted I don't think anyone knew that he was even on our radar.

That goes back to what someone posted the other day about players can still be developed well past their "prime" but coaches often give up on the "older" players. Wesley isn't an 18 year old rookie but in the NBA he's never had top notch coaching like he'd get here.

I had no idea that Ferry had offered him a contract but disappointed he chose the Lakers over us. Maybe our season showed him that we are worth playing for.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Creating bad shots is bad.

• Like 1