• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Roster Reload: Atlanta Hawks

Reggie2555

If we can atleast get a slashing wing man who can score between 14-18 points before we pull off such a trade like this.

I would be very comfortable doing the trade. Right now saps scoring is still a need! Parsons is an athletic Korver who will drop 12-14 points and asik ain't giving you shit on offense.

Parsons could easily get you 20 if he gets the attempts. Millsap attempted 14 fg's last year for 18 ppg whereas Parsons attempted 13 and scored 17. Pretty much the same ratio the year before without D12 as well. I'd feel comfortable with him replacing Saps points. We'd need help scoring more in the paint but hopefully a healthy Horford would solve that.

Why is this asik deal the only rumor we hear? Are there no other viable trade targets? Its frustrating to constantly see teams targeting our best players and not offering anything of substantial value.

I highly doubt we'd make any trade that we hear is rumored. Ferry won't let info like that get out.

Parsons could easily get you 20 if he gets the attempts. Millsap attempted 14 fg's last year for 18 ppg whereas Parsons attempted 13 and scored 17. Pretty much the same ratio the year before without D12 as well. I'd feel comfortable with him replacing Saps points. We'd need help scoring more in the paint but hopefully a healthy Horford would solve that.

I hear ya and can't say I don't agree. Your points are good but like you said we would have to depend even more on horfords inside points with sap gone.

Not only that but this past playoffs the sap was fantastic and parsons not so much...saps playoff performance is a big deal when talking about trading him for a player that didn't do so well in the playoffs.

I hear ya and can't say I don't agree. Your points are good but like you said we would have to depend even more on horfords inside points with sap gone.

Not only that but this past playoffs the sap was fantastic and parsons not so much...saps playoff performance is a big deal when talking about trading him for a player that didn't do so well in the playoffs.

That's because Parson's plays with multiple black holes on offense and no "system" under that moron McHale. Put him here in our system under Bud and he'd flourish.

• Like 1

That's because Parson's plays with multiple black holes on offense and no "system" under that moron McHale. Put him here in our system under Bud and he'd flourish.

and he would haven't to play with a ball hog. Bud would do wonders with this kid.

• Like 3

Pippen comparison is kinda crazy but I do like Parsons a lot. He's got a Korver like shooting ability but much more athletic and bigger. He's certainly a lot better at getting his shot than either of our starting wings. It's very important in our offense to be able to come off of a pick cleanly and either get your shot or creating a passing lane and Parsons excels at both.

I like it better than the athletic Kyle Korver comparisons. How about Detlef Schrempf?

Highly doubt this trade happens. Hawks absolutely love Paul Millsap.

So is Ferry willing to pay Millsap a 12-15 milion 3-4 year deal next offseason?

The writer of the article also mentioned Bledsoe...anyone think ferry would actually take a look at him?

We will have to max him out to even have a chance.

I like it better than the athletic Kyle Korver comparisons. How about Detlef Schrempf?

I think he's far closer to Korver than one of the greatest SFs ever.

Detlef might be better but it's been so long I can't remember his style too well. I recall him being bigger than Parsons.

and he would haven't to play with a ball hog. Bud would do wonders with this kid.

Well obviously if the trade went down it more than likely would be for the reasons you dolf mentioned and I wouldn't question it but I think ferry and bud are still very high on a sap/horford big man combo.

I think he's far closer to Korver than one of the greatest SFs ever.

Detlef might he better but it's been so long I can't remember his style too well. I recall him being bigger than Parsons.

Ya Detlef was bigger and played bigger even though he had a nice outside set shot. Parsons is waaaayyyyy quicker that Detlef. Detlef also had good post moves whereas Parsons faces up a lot more. Actually I've never seen Parsons post up. I'm sure he would if he had a mouse in da house but not regularly. In our system under Bud, Parsons could make an all star team.

• Moderators

This is a great fact that we've all been pointing out but without the actual numbers

The Hawks were 30-16 when Korver, Teague,DeMarre Carroll and Millsap were in the starting lineup along with one of the Atlanta's top three big men: Horford, Pero Anticor Elton Brand. That's a pace of 53 wins over a full season.

It wasn't just about Horford. It was about having serviceable big men period. Some were saying that Ferry and Bud haven't changed the culture because we had a worse record and a first round exit. But this is one point to show that this is a winning culture. None of those names except for Horford are really stars but 30-16 is winning.

• Like 2

This is a great fact that we've all been pointing out but without the actual numbers

It wasn't just about Horford. It was about having serviceable big men period. Some were saying that Ferry and Bud haven't changed the culture because we had a worse record and a first round exit. But this is one point to show that this is a winning culture. None of those names except for Horford are really stars but 30-16 is winning.

Agreed...I don't think we need to overpay for an asik type center. I just think we need a serviceable big man rotation! Personally I would like to pick up hawes and hill over getting asik and maybe bringing over bebe and I feel we are set at our Big man rotation.

Then draft a slashing wing at 15...but anyways I trust ferry and bud on whatever they decide to do.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Agreed...I don't think we need to overpay for an asik type center. I just think we need a serviceable big man rotation! Personally I would like to pick up hawes and hill over getting asik and maybe bringing over bebe and I feel we are set at our Big man rotation.

Then draft a slashing wing at 15...but anyways I trust ferry and bud on whatever they decide to do.

I'd love to get Hill. Hawes I don't know that well but i think trying to sign him would be a lot more than what we want to pay at the center. Horford, Antić are the same. Then Hill and Hawes I'm guessing will be double what we paid Brand and Ayón right? Wouldn't suprise me if it's Hill and Brand.

I'd love to get Hill. Hawes I don't know that well but i think trying to sign him would be a lot more than what we want to pay at the center. Horford, Antić are the same. Then Hill and Hawes I'm guessing will be double what we paid Brand and Ayón right? Wouldn't suprise me if it's Hill and Brand.

That's probably true but I think it's important to have a very good big man rotation. I'm not against bringing back brand and having him and hill over hawes I just think hawes and hill on the bench to rotate with horford and sap would be one