• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are we to judge Ferry and Bud?

JTB

The ironic thing about this thread is that JTB is the KING of knee-jerk opinions in this forum. While I don't agree with all of his rants, his posts are entertaining to me.

Just wait till draft night. He'll be ripping dead into the GM if he feels that he made a bad pick. And he'll have the right to do so.

Lol hey I can admit to that unlike other posters. I criticized ferry and bud a couple of times but now my feelings are that it's crazy to do so when they are here to change the culture while teaching a winning system!

They aren't going to change that in 1 year! It takes a lot of time. After 3-4 years of both bud and ferry being on the job, if the franchise is still in the same place than criticism is fair.

And I don't mind opinions. Many of you want asik and I want hawes, if ferry and bud traded sap for asik and we ended up with a worst record the next season I will probably have a lil doubt because it seems like we back tracked but my feelings towards these two now is that a plan is always in place!

Trust me I know I sound like a hypocrite right now because of my pass threads. But that's mostly due to me not trusting our coaching staff or gm. I trust these guys, I even trust the ASG a bit more. I really think they want to win and I haven't been this happy about the gm and coach in a long time! Maybe I'm smoking I don't know what's wrong with me but I feel bud can win some coach of the year awards in the near future.

I even feel that we would have won 50 games with a healthy team....I guess I see more bright lights in the near future than most of you.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

I lay off Bud because I do see the light at the end of the tunnel with him but if I wanted to go at him I think I could have some good points. As for Ferry, he has had capspace and multiple draft picks and did not maximize either situation. He did not get anything for Josh, just letting a borderline all-star walk with zero return is not ideal.

I lay off Bud because I do see the light at the end of the tunnel with him but if I wanted to go at him I think I could have some good points. As for Ferry, he has had capspace and multiple draft picks and did not maximize either situation. He did not get anything for Josh, just letting a borderline all-star walk with zero return is not ideal.

What deal for Josh have you seen that Ferry could have capitalized on?

He's my favorite player, but I've come to terms that he may never be as good as I wish he could be. And with the cap space, I'd say he's been pretty good with his signings and don't forget, he replaced your borderline all-star for a real one. Sure no star has walked through the door but there have only been a total of two available (Paul and Howard) and we know why that wasn't happening. For the draft picks, he's done well. Jenkins looks like he may not pan out, but Ferry may have drafted the best player available after Jenkins in Mike Scott. As for the 2013 draft I really liked our picks since both Bebe and Schröder have high potential in positions of need. Ferry by no means is perfect, but I struggle to see too many decisions in which I think he could have done better.

Short sighted. We got Millsap for Josh, saved money and got a better season out of him than Josh has ever had.

Too bad he didn't do better with the Jenkins pick as he had a whole week to get with our scouts and find out who the pick should be. Even worse that dud Jenkins only shot almost 40% from 3 as a rookie and very likely would have matched had he not been injured his entire 2nd season.

Don't even get me started in Bebe and Schröder as it was dumb to try and save max cap space for Dwight / CP3 while still drafting highly skilled players we could stash. And clearly these guys hit their ceilings so we should just cut our losses now. {/sarcasm}

• Like 4

We're fans. It's not only our inalienable right to make unfair judgements on our GM and head coach and give them lofty expectations, but it's our duty. Ultimately, we're the ones that the entire organization has to appease; therefore if we want LeBron, then by god, Ferry better find a way to get it done ASAP if he doesn't want the same fate as one Ned Stark.

tumblr_m77yofwYKP1qi2youo1_500.gif

As JBH said, it's all barber shop talk, not to be taken seriously. grin.gif

Spoilers...

This Josh thing again? DF had cap space because he let Josh walk for nothing instead of taking back long term contracts from the fricking Bucks - we'd still have Udoh and Moute at 7 mil combined on our roster. Bucks weren't offering ANY picks or young players like Henson or Samders (b4 he got his contract). Better to make NO deal than a BAD deal. My one wish was that DF had traded Josh when he traded JJ and Marv but then the @MrMeltdown would have been DF gutted a 50 win team that was making the playoffs - no win situation.

@Dolfan23 already explained the draft picks so I won't respond.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

What deal for Josh have you seen that Ferry could have capitalized on?

He's my favorite player, but I've come to terms that he may never be as good as I wish he could be. And with the cap space, I'd say he's been pretty good with his signings and don't forget, he replaced your borderline all-star for a real one. Sure no star has walked through the door but there have only been a total of two available (Paul and Howard) and we know why that wasn't happening. For the draft picks, he's done well. Jenkins looks like he may not pan out, but Ferry may have drafted the best player available after Jenkins in Mike Scott. As for the 2013 draft I really liked our picks since both Bebe and Schröder have high potential in positions of need. Ferry by no means is perfect, but I struggle to see too many decisions in which I think he could have done better.

I didn't see any deal for Josh but I figure there had to be something out there for a borderline all-star with an expiring contract who is arguably not even in his prime years yet. I don't see why my point or angle should change. You absolutely have to get something for Josh. Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes got Philly 2nd rd picks and that is better than nothing.

I didn't see any deal for Josh but I figure there had to be something out there for a borderline all-star with an expiring contract who is arguably not even in his prime years yet. I don't see why my point or angle should change. You absolutely have to get something for Josh. Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes got Philly 2nd rd picks and that is better than nothing.

Their salaries were easier to trade due to the fact that they made less than Josh. If a team was only winning to part with only a 2nd round pick for Josh, they'd have to send us salary just to make the trade work; a team can't absorb the money Josh was making without matching sending some money back. If the only offers Ferry received included players on bad multi-year contracts, I'm glad he didn't pull the trigger.

Their salaries were easier to trade due to the fact that they made less than Josh. If a team was only winning to part with only a 2nd round pick for Josh, they'd have to send us salary just to make the trade work; a team can't absorb the money Josh was making without matching sending some money back. If the only offers Ferry received included players on bad multi-year contracts, I'm glad he didn't pull the trigger.

Sure, you don't take bad long term deals back but I am not convinced that bad deals were all out there

Lot of complaints about the Hawks and their culture. It is slowly changing.

But the thing is the culture on HS hasn't.....and likely won't change. At least for some. Its shoot and ask questions later.

It took a while for the ownership to learn from their mistakes, but in recent years they have.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Lot of complaints about the Hawks and their culture. It is slowly changing.

But the thing is the culture on HS the internet hasn't.....and likely won't change. At least for some. Its shoot and ask questions later.

It took a while for the ownership to learn from their mistakes, but in recent years they have.

Fixed.

• Premium Member

The Josh thing wasn't Ferry's fault. He did the best he could given the circumstances. The blame should fall on the shot callers before Ferry as they sat there and allowed the Josh situation to become what it did.

• Like 1