• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford: More talk of Hawks trading Horford to Cleveland and other trades

Admin

We also seem like the team most likely to trade for the number 1 pick as Noah is the heart and soul of Chicago, Portland has no intention of rebuilding after last season, and Minnesota is desperatly trying to get into the playoffs, NOW!

Edited by ATLHawks3

We also seem like the team most like to trade for the number 1 pick as Noah is the heart and soul of Chicago, Portland has no intention of rebuilding after last season, and Minnesota is desperatly trying to get into the playoffs, NOW!

I think Chicago would trade Noah to Cleveland. I don't think Noah wants to be there. LMA kinda wanted to leave Portland, no wants to be there. Out of all players, Horford would be the one who would accept playing there and Kyrie will be in love as well. Out of all those PF's, Kyrie will like Al the most. Since Kyrie is a scoring guard himself who heavily relies on PnR's.

It's funny to hear me say this but if Al wants to play C, I would keep Al. If Al still wants to move to PF, he goes. I want to see what Al/Teague look like... with Sap at PF. Al is defensive. Al is a rebounder. Al is a good PNR Big. Sap has tightened up his midrange/outside shooting.

We have good pieces, we just need one more infusion of talent around the 2/3.

This is where I'm leaning but many would say "oh you want us to stay mediocre!" When in reality (to me anyways) I think under coach buds system if horford, sap, Teague can work together as well as the other pieces we add/have....we are a consistent 50 win team and that's a great improvement!

This is where I'm leaning but many would say "oh you want us to stay mediocre!" When in reality (to me anyways) I think under coach buds system if horford, sap, Teague can work together as well as the other pieces we add/have....we are a consistent 50 win team and that's a great improvement!

They need more than just Sap, Al, and Jeff tho. They need to add some more talent. That much is clear but it's great how we developed DMC, Antić, and Mack. That was a surprise forreal.

I think Chicago would trade Noah to Cleveland. I don't think Noah wants to be there. LMA kinda wanted to leave Portland, no wants to be there. Out of all players, Horford would be the one who would accept playing there and Kyrie will be in love as well. Out of all those PF's, Kyrie will like Al the most. Since Kyrie is a scoring guard himself who heavily relies on PnR's.

Give Noah a healthy Derrick Rose and he'll be the happiest player in this league. He has a better chance of being in the playoffs with Chicago, than in Cleveland, who also has no Head Coach.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

Give Noah a healthy Derrick Rose and he'll be the happiest player in this league. He has a better chance of being in the playoffs with Chicago, than in Cleveland, who also has no Head Coach.

Yeah, Noah has no interest in Cleveland. Horford at least would enjoy Kyrie, Deng, Hawes and Waiters.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't think Al Horford stays here long term to play center unless this team is an ACTUAL title contender. He still prefers to play the 4. And as long as Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague are the three best players, the second round will continue to be this teams ceiling. Unless you can build an ACTUAL contender with Horf playing center by next year, then I would look into moving Al rather than dealing with the inevitable free agency talk that's bound to start up after the season.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Actually, depending on what talent and depth we get we can be championship calibre.

I thought about it.

We can win 50... true. However, if Sactown gives us #8 for Dennis...which seems very likely to me... I see us getting a player at that position that will add to what we have. If we get Lavine.. then he plays behind Korver and we have good depth. IF we get Randle... The Gods have smiled and we have good depth. IF for some reason, Exum falls to us... THANK the Basketball Gods. And Aaron Gordon is Josh Smith with 1 year of good college ball. I just see us getting somebody who can be in our top 7 which is what you want from a draft (lottery). If they play in the top 7 with Bud guides and with the vet squad we put on the floor, I see us being hard to beat.

• Premium Member

No way the Kings trade the pick for JUST Dennis Schröder. When you want your fanbase to buy into what you're doing, you have to have something to sell them on. 8 for JUST Schröder doesn't cut it. The Hawks would have to part with more.

I don't think Al Horford stays here long term to play center unless this team is an ACTUAL title contender. He still prefers to play the 4. And as long as Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague are the three best players, the second round will continue to be this teams ceiling. Unless you can build an ACTUAL contender with Horf playing center by next year, then I would look into moving Al rather than dealing with the inevitable free agency talk that's bound to start up after the season.

I think Horford stays in Atlanta. This is still a very competitive team and Coach Bud is a great coach. We are still getting pieces. I think Al will stay in Atlanta. In fact, no doubt about it if we keep getting good pieces.

No way the Kings trade the pick for JUST Dennis Schröder. When you want your fanbase to buy into what you're doing, you have to have something to sell them on. 8 for JUST Schröder doesn't cut it. The Hawks would have to part with more.

Regardless of what Diesel thinks, I think trading Dennis is a terrible idea. I seen enough from him potentially to not want to trade him unless it's for a top 5 pick.

• Premium Member

I think Horford stays in Atlanta. This is still a very competitive team and Coach Bud is a great coach. We are still getting pieces. I think Al will stay in Atlanta. In fact, no doubt about it if we keep getting good pieces.

Many said the same thing about Josh Smith too. All the way up until he left in free agency. And the Hawks were VERY fortunate to be able to replace him with Paul Millsap.

We've had many competitive teams featuring Al at center and that didn't stop him from making it clear he wanted to play the 4 which drove many to despise him as not so long ago, people had Josh pegged as the 4 longterm. As he approaches 30, he'll think hard about spending his prime years continuing to play out of position (his view) for a team with a second round ceiling. And unless the pieces we're talking about are the kind of playmakers that can carry you deep in the playoffs, then the Hawks will remain a second round team at best.

Edited by Jody23

• Premium Member

Regardless of what Diesel thinks, I think trading Dennis is a terrible idea. I seen enough from him potentially to not want to trade him unless it's for a top 5 pick.

I like Dennis too and believe in his abilities, but you don't garner that kind of value until you've established it on the floor. Dennis hasn't done that yet.
  • Like 1

Many said the same thing about Josh Smith too. All the way up until he left in free agency. And the Hawks were VERY fortunate to be able to replace him with Paul Millsap.

We've had many competitive teams featuring Al at center and that didn't stop him from making it clear he wanted to play the 4 which drove many to despise him as not so long ago, people had Josh pegged as the 4 longterm. As he approaches 30, he'll think hard about spending his prime years continuing to play out of position (his view) for a team with a second round ceiling. And unless the pieces we're talking about are the kind of playmakers that can carry you deep in the playoffs, then the Hawks will remain a second round team at best.

Josh Smith? Come on son? Josh Smith?

There isn't one player we have had since Nique that is as important to our team as Horf. Maybe Deke and even then, Horf overall.

• Like 1

I saw an interview this year with Horford basically saying he wants to 'win' like he did in Florida. Championships. 2nd round losses are not gonna keep Horford here. To keep him we have at least make the EC finals within the next two years.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Josh Smith? Come on son? Josh Smith?

There isn't one player we have had since Nique that is as important to our team as Horf. Maybe Deke and even then, Horf overall.

Whether you loved him or not, Josh was a big part of this franchise for almost a decade. That's fact. Any many thought he couldn't possibly leave Atlanta, but he did after Ferry couldn't get a good deal for him in the final year of Josh's deal.

I know you love Horf. So do I, but you overvalue him as a player imo.

• Like 1

I would definitely deal Horf for Embiid, I just don't see Cleveland trading the pick and no way in hell does Philly or Milwaukee trade it. I might trade Horford for Parker and Wiggins as well, but Cleveland will want bigger fish than Horford (in the eyes of the media, at least) for that #1 pick. Horford's injuries probably scare them as well.

I would definitely deal Horf for Embiid, I just don't see Cleveland trading the pick and no way in hell does Philly or Milwaukee trade it. I might trade Horford for Parker and Wiggins as well, but Cleveland will want bigger fish than Horford (in the eyes of the media, at least) for that #1 pick. Horford's injuries probably scare them as well.

I would strongly consider Horf for Parker or Wiggins. Not saying I will do it but would consider it but let's be real. Mil and Philly are rebuilding. The top 3 is basically all even to me. I think Wiggins might be the most complete. Parker, highest floor, and Embiid lower floor, highest ceiling.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

I saw an interview this year with Horford basically saying he wants to 'win' like he did in Florida. Championships. 2nd round losses are not gonna keep Horford here. To keep him we have at least make the EC finals within the next two years.

So the question becomes are the Hawks likely to make that in the next two years with Teague and Millsap (I believe) still here?
  • Like 1