• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All NBA Teams

NBASupes

No . . he should've been 3rd team.

Millsap is not a comparable player because Millsap is a true PF while Jefferson is a true C.

And we're going to see how tradable of an asset he is, when teams basically wait until he is an unrestricted free agent next season to get him. Any talk about trading Millsap better happen this offseason, and not when the season starts. Preferably before the draft.

If we wait until the trade deadline to deal him, we're going to be on the short end of the stick. We'd get a playoff level team willing to give us a decent player + a 1st round pick, which will be in the 20s . . . and I guess people will celebrate over that. Meanwhile, Millsap will not only go to a better team, we'll become worse, because we may not have any legit PFs to develop for the future.

Just because they play different frontcourt positions they aren't comparable? Ummkay.

I agree we'd have the best return on Millsap if we traded him this offseason.

I was saying George had a better season...Melo scored 5 more points a game but George brought his team to the best record in the league vs NY's pathetic record and he also played better with the exception of scoring...especially defense.

PG had a way better team. and the Pacers backed into the playoffs not because the team was playing like crap an PG was willing them to Ws he was struggling along with everyone else.

Melos team sucked all season and still almost made the playoffs because he was doing work.

I like PG but Melo should be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can throw stats but actually watch him and see his ole defense. He is a true matador

Yep, he's a matador.

Which is why his team jumped a whopping 22 games in the standings ( from 21 to 43 )

Which is why his Pick and Roll man defense was even better than Joakim Noah's this year.

Which is why his Post defense was better than both of the All-NBA Centers named ahead of him.

Which is why he led Charlotte in Defensive Win Score.

Which is why Chalotte went from dead last in defense last year, to 5th this year

And good call JayBird. These dudes will throw around stats all day, but try to revert back to so-called "eye tests" for players they don't like.

They're the same people who would find a reason why not to have an "in his prime" Kevin Garnett here or even a Lebron, simply because they don't like the dude. They're the same ones that speak against Carmelo Anthony, who had a much better year than Paul George this year, but blame him for the woes of that sorry NY Knicks team he plays on.

Al Jefferson is a straight up baller, whether Hawk fans want to admit to it or not. Dude can score, rebound, and now can hold his own on defense.

• Premium Member

I was surprise by Harden being 1st team.

I'm not surprised by Noah... total package, he deserves that but he's not the best defensive player in the game.

Where's Joe mfing Johnson?

PG had a way better team. and the Pacers backed into the playoffs not because the team was playing like crap an PG was willing them to Ws he was struggling along with everyone else.

Melos team sucked all season and still almost made the playoffs because he was doing work.

How do you back into the playoffs with the best record in the East?

• Admin

Yep, he's a matador.

Which is why his team jumped a whopping 22 games in the standings ( from 21 to 43 )

Which is why his Pick and Roll man defense was even better than Joakim Noah's this year.

Which is why his Post defense was better than both of the All-NBA Centers named ahead of him.

Which is why he led Charlotte in Defensive Win Score.

Which is why Chalotte went from dead last in defense last year, to 5th this year

And good call JayBird. These dudes will throw around stats all day, but try to revert back to so-called "eye tests" for players they don't like.

They're the same people who would find a reason why not to have an "in his prime" Kevin Garnett here or even a Lebron, simply because they don't like the dude. They're the same ones that speak against Carmelo Anthony, who had a much better year than Paul George this year, but blame him for the woes of that sorry NY Knicks team he plays on.

Al Jefferson is a straight up baller, whether Hawk fans want to admit to it or not. Dude can score, rebound, and now can hold his own on defense.

yawn. this dude actually does like Al Jefferson. He is probably the best post scorer in the league. However, no his d is terrible. I actually like the Bobcats and watch them play. Jefferson's d is definitely not a reason for their turn around.

• Premium Member

yawn. this dude actually does like Al Jefferson. He is probably the best post scorer in the league. However, no his d is terrible. I actually like the Bobcats and watch them play. Jefferson's d is definitely not a reason for their turn around.

The Bobkittens were hurt back and fourth all season. Whether it was MKG or Henderson... they were injured so much that the only constant was Big Al.Years prior, you could criticize Big Al's effort on defense and this and that. This year, he gave. He gave so much of himself that in the playoffs he made everybody believe that if this team makes the right moves, they will be a championship contender.

His "D" this year... was not terrible.

Just because they play different frontcourt positions they aren't comparable? Ummkay.

I agree we'd have the best return on Millsap if we traded him this offseason.

They're not comparable because when all of our centers started getting hurt, and Millsap had to play minutes at center, it was simply asking too much of him to defend guys who were much bigger than him, even if he was still scoring points.

Millsap is a true 4, who can play the 3 if need be. Asking that dude to play center is ridiculous.

Jefferson is a true Center . . . period.

Millsap is a very good player. I like that dude a lot. Wish we had him instead of Josh Smith around 4 years ago. But comparing Jefferson to Millsap is like comparing Kevin Love to Dwight Howard. Two totally different players.

I was surprise by Harden being 1st team.

I'm not surprised by Noah... total package, he deserves that but he's not the best defensive player in the game.

Where's Joe mfing Johnson?

He did get 4 votes.

How do you back into the playoffs with the best record in the East?

No playing like a team with the best record.

And not because you have the best record and your team is resting its starters but because their playing like crap.

No way you can watch them play, if you still think his defense is terrible.

Every defensive metric shows a vast improvement in Jefferson's defense. The defensive video clips on SynergySports shows just how much improved his pick and roll defense is. Those same video clips show that his post defense is very good ( and has never been a problem defensively for him ). The only thing he still struggles with ( and will always struggle with ), is closing out on jumpshooting bigs.

But when almost 70 percent of your defensive possessions come via Post Ups and the Pick and Roll, and you're doing well in both of those play types, you are NOT a matador.

LOL @ a dude with a defensive rating ( 100 ) and defensive win score ( 4.7 ) better than ALL OFF THE HAWKS, still being seen as a Defensive liability.

Homerism at its best.

• Admin

Almost made the playoffs but lost out to a team wiht 38 wins....that is not impressive. The big difference between last years Knicks and this years was Jason Kidd.

Almost made the playoffs but lost out to a team wiht 38 wins....that is not impressive. The big difference between last years Knicks and this years was Jason Kidd.

Knicks can't control what another team does

We won when we needed to.

not just kid everyone outside of Melo and Amare had a down year and chandler getting hurt

• Admin

No way you can watch them play, if you still think his defense is terrible.

Every defensive metric shows a vast improvement in Jefferson's defense. The defensive video clips on SynergySports shows just how much improved his pick and roll defense is. Those same video clips show that his post defense is very good ( and has never been a problem defensively for him ). The only thing he still struggles with ( and will always struggle with ), is closing out on jumpshooting bigs.

But when almost 70 percent of your defensive possessions come via Post Ups and the Pick and Roll, and you're doing well in both of those play types, you are NOT a matador.

LOL @ a dude with a defensive rating ( 100 ) and defensive win score ( 4.7 ) better than ALL OFF THE HAWKS, still being seen as a Defensive liability.

Homerism at its best.

Quote Quote Quote stats. Have you ever watched him play?

I don't know what u are talking about Homerism? I am talking about Jefferson in general...nothing to do with him being on the Hawks or not. I would have been fine if we signed him last year. We would have been able to move Al to the 4.

However, as Dol pointed out I think the Sap signing turned out to be better. Honestly, last summer I was disappointed about us getting a 4 instead of 5. Sap turned out to be the right deal.

As I said, I like Jefferson ... I love watching him go to work in the post...he has more moves then anyone and does so much despite his lack of athleticism down there making it all the more impressive. He is also an excellent rebounder. He just not a defender.

Knicks can't control what another team does

We won when we needed to.

not just kid everyone outside of Melo and Amare had a down year and chandler getting hurt

Chandler only played 66 the year before

• Like 1

They're not comparable because when all of our centers started getting hurt, and Millsap had to play minutes at center, it was simply asking too much of him to defend guys who were much bigger than him, even if he was still scoring points.

Millsap is a true 4, who can play the 3 if need be. Asking that dude to play center is ridiculous.

Jefferson is a true Center . . . period.

Millsap is a very good player. I like that dude a lot. Wish we had him instead of Josh Smith around 4 years ago. But comparing Jefferson to Millsap is like comparing Kevin Love to Dwight Howard. Two totally different players.

He did get 4 votes.

It is comparable. Hey Jefferson can't step out and defend SF's or knock down 3's but that doesn't mean we can't compare them as players. I think @MaceCase did a pretty good job of that last week actually, which was remarkable coming from him.

• Moderators

Joe Johnson did not deserve All-NBA. He will continue to make All-Star teams by default until some of the young players step up (Beal is knocking) but he won't add any more All-NBA appearances to his one 3rd team appearance to date.

The knock on Al has always been - black hole on offense, sieve on defense - that's why I had no interest in him.

With that said he had a good season.

Still prefer Sap.