• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Phoenix trade.

Diesel

• Premium Member

How bout penny?

I do believe that this trade will and can be made.

First of all the trades?

Hendu/CC/Email (or Glover)... For Penny...

Or

Hendu/CC/Email/Toni for Penny/Outlaw/Ford.

I won't lie. I believe that Babcock has always wanted Penny. Even with the pickup of Dickau... While it seems strange, it kind of fits our need and would fit Phoenix' need.

First... Our lineup:

If it's Hendu/CC/Email.

We have:

JT/DD

Penny/Glover

DJ/Ira

SAR/Toni

Theo/Nazr

With 2 roster spots... Maybe Smith? Maybe digbeau??

The Versatilityof Penny would help JT.

We lose very little.

Phoenix does it to lose Penny's major salary.

Do we lose anything by giving up Hendu, CC, or E-Mail? Bad contracts and injuries?

We would be locked in with Penny for 1 year longer than Hendu or CC, but we do free up those roster spots we want for guys like Newble and Haslem.

Yes, Penny is coming off the worst season of his career. But, Penny's worst season is still better than Hendu or CC's best. If Penny could get back to his 95-96 form, we'd be instant contenders. While 99-00 is probably the best he has left, it's still not bad.

Only knock on Penny is that he's not a great 3 point shooter. Which is what we really need. Penny likes to post up, which kinda clogs up the lane for 'Reef.

I'd still do it, however. We're not taking much of a risk here...

Well,

Getting Penny's salary would handcuff us... But for the cost of Hendu, CC, and Email... It's not a bad gamble.

Also,

it does free up roster space.

The problem is that Penny is not himself and I don't know if he would ever be better. BUT, he has more fan appeal than Hendu could ever muster.

The good thing for Phoenix is that Hendu is talking retirement possibly next season. CC is cheap. Email is a one yr contract. If they can lose Hendu and Email next yr, they'd be inthe running for some of the bigger name free agents.... Like McDyess.

I can see us with

JT/DD

Penny/Glover/Carr

DJ/Toni/Ira

SAR/Oakley(?)

Theo/Nazr

Can you say... Win a EC championship??

Diesel...I like this. But you don't wan't Oakley at his age and I'd rather have Miles Simon than Carr....how about this group instead.

JT/DD

Penny/Glover/Simon

DJ/Toni/Ira

SAR/Haslem

Theo/Nazr

You swing that and I'm onboard. I'd greatly prefer this trade option as opposed to the last couple you've dished....this one works great for both squads.

and as far as Penny liking to post, that'd be great as he can pass out of the post to SAR, JT, DJ or DD for the open look and having dragged the defensive shooting guard out of the play.

• Premium Member

The versatility of Penny is attractive.

If he can stay healthy, even better.

However, there is one problem.

Logistics wise, if we give them Hendu, we must find a way to take back a Pf.

They have a serious logjam there.

with:

Ford/Stoudamire/Googs/Outlaw already there...

So the trade may change to:

Hendu/CC/Toni/Email for

Ford/Outlaw/Penny.

Still Not bad when you think of it.

Theo/Nazr

SAR/Outlaw/Ford

DJ/Ira

Penny/Glover/Miles(?)

JT/DD

I;d rather have Carr because he's a better shooter.

• Admin

If Penny can stay healthy and Outlaw bringing his energy I think this could be a good trade for us.

It says DJ is ready for the SF spot with Toni's departure. He really would have to step up. I would rather trade Email then Glover.

Penny has completely lost his confidence in his legs and it shows in his game. If he could be 15 - 5 -5 guy and sharing the PG duties with JT (they take turns being the off guard) then we would definetly be a force to reckon with.

Outlaw is a great backup, I loved watching him play in Orlando. He is the ultimate role player (ala JYD). He will go in there and do the dirty work and let and not worry about scoring.

It could be the piece we need to really compete in the EAST. I say do the trade if it was available.