• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in the Carmelo race?

Plainview1981

Melo is the main one we have to convince. If we can get Melo. It's simple. Bron, you want to play with:

Norris, Wade, Haslem, Bosh, and that's about it or play for a system that plays like the Spurs with vets and youth like

Korver, Dennis, Bebe, Horford, DMC, Jenkins, Antić, and 15th pick with Melo... Not to mention picks or a nice TPE.

I'm not a big fan of Melo but is unquestionable that he is a star, a top10 player.

How do you know that Bud's system doesn't fit with Melo if he hasn't even been in a system like this in the NBA?

We need someone who can create his own offense, and there is no better player (outside of Durant and Bron) on it that Carmelo Anthony. Bud will know how to use him on his system, because there is no proof that Carmelo can't play on it.

Great coaches make great players play their best.

Hes reportedly interested in hearing our pitch. Dallas. Houston. Atlanta. Miami

These look like cities Lala would love.

Dallas- Nice and decent. Nothing special or no entertainment but it's nice. Melo would have a very good team in Ellis, Dirk and some good role players.

Houston- Weak entertainment but Basketball wise with a SnT- Harden, D12 and Melo is a great core even if it doesn't fit.

Atlanta- Good Basketball team, plays the right way with a great system and coach. Are they good enough with just Melo? Probably not but what if they added Lebron as well.... Dynasty type of talk especially considering our prospects as well. Best Black entertainment city in the world. Lala's hometown.

Miami- Best Basketball product. Titles, South Beach, they don't fit but they would have enough talent with Bron, Wade, Bosh and Melo but at what price. Melo would lose a lot of cash with Miami.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Yeah, there is a big chance that this is all misdirection.

Would Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Melo all take 9.5 mil to go to South Beach with no role players or Bron and Melo take 16.5 mil to play in Atlanta with Horf and gang.

I smell the big 3 becoming the big 4 in Miami.

The chances of that are really, really low because of salary cap reasons. If it happens, though, it will suck mightily. It'd be really lame for them to team up like that right when the 2 of the Spurs are a year away from retirement.

• Premium Member

The chances of that are really, really low because of salary cap reasons. If it happens, though, it will suck mightily. It'd be really lame for them to team up like that right when the 2 of the Spurs are a year away from retirement.

Those four have no shame and are so desperate to be champions that they would do something like this. I actually anticipate this happening.

Would Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Melo all take 9.5 mil to go to South Beach with no role players or Bron and Melo take 16.5 mil to play in Atlanta with Horf and gang.

The problem is that the Hawks are the kid that gets picked last in kickball. It's not cool or hip to be here.

I think the chances of landing a star is better than before, but the chances are slim still.

The problem is that the Hawks are the kid that gets picked last in kickball. It's not cool or hip to be here.

I think the chances of landing a star is better than before, but the chances are slim still.

We never had a superstar since Nique. I mean, we done everything to win, we just never had that Lebron James type of player. We get him and Melo with our supporting cast, you can't beat that.

• Moderators

Read Hawksfanatic's pinned article on what we would have to cut to free up the room to sign both Bron and Melo. There isn't much left, likely including no Horford.

• Premium Member

Both Melo and Lebron want to get paid. Lebron is doing this just to get his payday higher, they are paying Wade 20 per for two more seasons and Lebron wants his there. Melo has already stated that he is going to get paid, no discounts.

Read HawksFanatić's pinned article on what we would have to cut to free up the room to sign both Bron and Melo. There isn't much left, likely including no Horford.

SnT Sap/Lou for Melo 16.5

Trade Jeff for TPE and a stashed pick 8 mil.

15.5 Sap and Lou

8 mil is Jeff

We could have 11.5 when we renounce the FA's and sign Bebe and our 15th pick. Add 8 mil and that's 19 mil with roster holds. Sign Bron for 16.5. SnT Melo for Sap and Lou. Game, set, match.

We would have enough.

Both Melo and Lebron want to get paid. Lebron is doing this just to get his payday higher, they are paying Wade 20 per for two more seasons and Lebron wants his there. Melo has already stated that he is going to get paid, no discounts.

He won't be on a flat deal, it will ascend. He wants more supporting players, he doesn't just want more cash.

• Moderators

Really my only concern with Melo coming here w/o LeBron is how is he going to feel when LBJ comes to the Philips and 60% of the fans are chanting for LeBron. It would become SOOO much more disrespectful for fans to cheer for opposing teams if a superstar took a chance on us.

I do like a starting cast of Horford/Millsap/Melo/Korver/Teague. Good enough for at least an ECF visit. And if it doesn't work well enough to get us to a title, then Millsap is a free agent in 2015 and Korver/Teague are moveable pieces. Put Horford at 4 and sign Marc Gasol or Joakim Noah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

There is no doubt that the Hawks are way ahead of the Knicks. In regards to melo coming here he is a superstar no doubt, but will he sulk if he doesnt get his way, history often repeats itself?

Edited by Vol4ever