• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in the Carmelo race?

Plainview1981

Also wouldnt it be interesting for a superstar to create a market?

Surely Atlanta is on the map. Just not Atlanta basketball. A Melo would certainly fill the Phillips arena.

Its not like Atlanta is Utah or Milwaukie. The hawks just miss some ingredients. Miami wasnt all that either.

Except an NCAA title as a freshman. If that guy ever gets a 2nd star to play alongside him in their primes he's going to get an NBA title.

Well he better hurry up. He's got like 3 years of prime time left.

3 rings in Atlanta will look nice on his fingers :)

That would be awesome indeed. I'd look pretty cool in a Melo Hawks jersey. :-) Do you think I could get a Melo hawks jersey for 2 Marv jerseys? I'd even throw in a Smoove lol or an Antoine Walker :-(

I will ask this again.

Can someone explain the need for two guys that play the same position?

Both can play SF or PF and each have extensive experience playing those positions. That's very tough on defenses trying to figure out how to defend that.

Both can play SF or PF and each have extensive experience playing those positions. That's very tough on defenses trying to figure out how to defend that.

To add to that Lebrons ability to be a point forward is like having a diaw since bron can play both SF and PF...he will fit right into coach buds system.

Melo would have to get a lot better and use his brain. He will need to learn to keep the ball moving and to keep moving without the ball at all times....I assume melo would be used as the ginobli type but will have the ability to post up when needed.

If this were to happen which it won't....believe me ferry and bud will figure out how to use them.

LeBron can play PG-PF

Melo can play SG-PF

Don't worry about position if we can get both of these players.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Korver would feast with these guys. Can you imagine how many open looks he would get? If you thought Ray Allen was lethal, just wait to see Korver unleashed.

Ah well, it is a nice fantasy.

I say leave the nonsense alone and one of melo or Bron for another team.. The smart addition would be Love and one of the sf's

@Dolfan23 Would you be an even bigger Hawks fan if we had this roster...

Ennis

Dion Waiters

Carmelo Anthony

Wesley Johnson

Fab Melo

As our starting 5 to open the 2014-15 season?

Yes to Ennis he should be starting day 1 and could be our Parker. He or Napier.

No thanks to Waiters.

Don't think I'd want Carmelo on this team without LeBron.

Heck yes to Wesley Johnson but at SG and for a show me 2 year deal.

I'd be interested in Melo as a project but nothing more.