• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it fair to say I like our 2nd round picks better than our 1st.

NBASupes

Patterson who I felt was a sleeper. I called him a Wes Matthews type in the past. 

Tavares who I liked a lot for someone his size. He needs to develop offensively but his potential is higher than most who just started to play the game. He is athletic for his size. He needs to be better on offense outside of just PnR's but I like his mobility especially for his height.

I am okay with Payne. Marcus Fizer type. Hopefully being in our system should help him a ton.

• Like 2

nbasupe..... you talking Pop Mathews or Jr?  Pop was just about my favorite Hawk player at the time - maybe ever.  The guy was fearlessm, and an enforcer - he would go after Rick Mahorn.  He never realized he was like 6 foot or so.

Edited by Randy

You must not know who Marcus Fixer is. These guys are nothing a like.

Fizer not Fixer and of course I remember and know Marcus very well. I watch a crapload of tapes of Basketball players. I haven't seen too much of Payne but from DX scouting report and his video, he looks a lot like Fizer. 

For someone from good ole Winder, you seem to be even more cocky and bullheaded than me. 

Fizer is 6'7 1/2 and not a shooter from deep. Not seeing this comparison at all.

He didn't have the range of Payne nor did he need it as the NBA didn't have the stretch four need as it does now do to the Euro movement. Fizer had good wingspan, good range for a four, stronger than Payne, and he was younger. Not to mention, he didn't have small lungs and average stamina like Payne out of Iowa St. 

Now he went to the Bulls which at the time wasn't developing their prospects. He got fat then got hurt. :-(. 

People forget Fizer unless it comparing him to players they think will bust but I will never forget him. One of the more skilled bigs to come out of college. Kinda surprise he busted. 

• Premium Member

He didn't have the range of Payne nor did he need it as the NBA didn't have the stretch four need as it does now do to the Euro movement. Fizer had good wingspan, good range for a four, stronger than Payne, and he was younger. Not to mention, he didn't have small lungs and average stamina like Payne out of Iowa St.

Now he went to the Bulls which at the time wasn't developing their prospects. He got fat then got hurt. :-(.

People forget Fizer unless it comparing him to players they think will bust but I will never forget him. One of the more skilled bigs to come out of college. Kinda surprise he busted.

I liked Fizer in college too, but he and Payne are absolutely nothing alike at all. So why make the comparison?
  • Like 1

nbasupe..... you talking Pop Mathews or Jr?  Pop was just about my favorite Hawk player at the time - maybe ever.  The guy was fearlessm, and an enforcer - he would go after Rick Mahorn.  He never realized he was like 6 foot or so.

Jr. of course. Pops was good but I don't recall his skill-set to have merit on him. 

I liked Fizer in college too, but he and Payne are absolutely nothing alike at all. So why make the comparison?

Straight drivers with the ballhandling to get to the hole, great finishers, skilled, PnR bigs, PnP game, very athletic but not extremely athletic like Smoove or Blake Griffin, long, decent rebounders, average team defenders, solid weak side defenders, powerful off the ground, late bloomers, Average BBIQ, skill translates in the right system and personnel. Probably the reason Fizer bust outside of injury was look at his PG's in Chicago. It wasn't pretty at all. Now Payne has more range and better work ethic but in college ppl liked Fizer work ethic as well and he could play a lot more mins than Payne. 

I think they are similar prospects from their strengths and weaknesses on their scouting report. 

I don't see Horry. Horry was strictly a role player who had limited post skill and PnR skill. Horry was successful and had great range so that's what you guys are comparing. I guess since Fizer was a bust, ya'll hate the association but that's who he reminds me of. It's not saying he will be a bust, he could be good. Horford skill-set is similar to Malone but you don't see him scoring like Malone. Unlike Utah, Atlanta has him out of position and constantly with PG's who can't create for others. Dennis was the first time they did it right at PG. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

He thinks that Horford is Karl Malone too so yeah. No offense Soup but you're as off here as you were with the Malone - Horford comparison. 

And Soup stop playing the victim here like I move all your threads and nobody else's.  I didn't move this thread because it actually belongs here. 

*Note - I will be moving all of the draft threads to the draft forum in a day or two once the excitement and discussion has worn done some.

He thinks that Horford is Karl Malone too so yeah. No offense Soup but you're as off here as you were with the Malone - Horford comparison. 

And Soup stop playing the victim here like I move all your threads and nobody else's.  I didn't move this thread because it actually belongs here. 

*Note - I will be moving all of the draft threads to the draft forum in a day or two once the excitement and discussion has worn done some.

Cool. I rather know you will then see three similar threads on the page but mines is the only one moved. 

You are actually wrong, I would take Al over Malone. Smarter, better shooter, less selfish, better defender. He can control Atlanta's stupidity of limited PG's and playing him out of position. 

Watch this: 

Outside of the horrible team defense by the Bucks, Al does just about everything you see Malone do and just as quick. Both aren't fluid in the post. Both have elite agility. The difference is look at the PG and their position. Malone was never out of position like Al. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhD6PBkHTxM

Look at how terrible of a passer Jeff is in comparison to most PG's much less John Stockton. UGH! 

Cool. I rather know you will then see three similar threads on the page but mines is the only one moved. 

Huh? 

If I had the time and energy to have all the agenda's that people on here claim I have I wouldn't be able to get anything else done. 

Payne=Sheed Wallace

SPUD DONT LIIIEEEEEE!!!!

A lot of similarities there. He is a better shooter then Sheed but doesn't have the elite post game that Sheed used to have.

I see a mix of Sheed and Horry.

He is a Horry with the young Sheed's athletic ability.

I think he may be a better rebounder then both of them.

A lot of similarities there. He is a better shooter then Sheed but doesn't have the elite post game that Sheed used to have.

I see a mix of Sheed and Horry.

He is a Horry with the young Sheed's athletic ability.

I think he may be a better rebounder then both of them.

Horry was pretty darn athletic in his younger Rockets days. People forget that about him. Payne is probably more athletic but Rob was no slouch. 

Sheed was so much better than Payne it is crazy to even bring up Sheed. Sheed had HOF talent and little work ethic. Sheed was strong in his base, Payne isn't. Sheed had high BBIQ. Sheed had passing skills. Sheed could play multiple positions. Sheed had a legit post game. Sheed was a man among boys. Payne is a role player, I don't see Sheed at all. Not even old Sheed. Sheed wasn't a PnR player ever. He barely like to seriously move within an offense unless it was dragging to the three point line. 

lol Sheed. Ya'll should be ashamed of yourself to disrespect Sheed like that. The man was a vital part of a championship and in the early 2000's was right there with Duncan, Webber, KG and Dirk as an elite PF. 

We getting carried away on HS. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Sheed was so much better than Payne is crazy to even bring up Sheed. Sheed had HOF talent and little work ethic. Sheed was strong in his base, Payne isn't. Sheed had high BBIQ. Sheed had passing skills. Sheed could play multiple positions. Sheed had a legit post game. Sheed was a man among boys. Payne is a role player, I don't see Sheed at all. Not even old Sheed. Sheed wasn't a PnR player ever. He barely like to seriously move within an offense unless it was dragging to the three point line.

Haha it's crazy to compare him to Sheed but you can compare Horford to Malone? And how the heck can you compare Payne to Marcus Fizer? Have you ever seen Fizer play? Even if you Youtubed Fizer I still can't see even 1 comparison, oh wait maybe a couple, they were both forwards and they both enjoyed oxygen.