• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Summer League Thread

NBASupes

Potential Roster:

Dennis - Elite potential. Only Hawks that's really worth a damn but low ceiling.

Bebe - Very good potential. Could be the next Tyson Chandler-Noah type.

Walt- Freakish length, height and mobility for position. Very good rebounder and PnR guy. Raw as hell.

Payne- Great PnR, highly skilled, good athlete and gets off the ground quick, reminds me of Marcus Fizer out of Iowa St.

Muscala- Good potential, raw, undersized, I liken his potential to Brad Miller. How likely it is, is on him.

Patterson- Good talent and decent skills. Below average athlete, will need some time to adjust but can develop into a Wes Matthews type.

Jenkins- Flashed Dell Curry as a rookie then looked awful as a Soph with an injury. Hope he is 100%.

?

?

?

Coach Darvin Ham.

Schedule:

July 12 vs. Washington at 4:30 p.m. ET
July 13 vs. NBA D-League at 7:30 p.m. ET
July 15 vs. Portland at 4:00 p.m. ET (Game on NBA TV)
July 16-21: Tournament (2 games guaranteed)

Go Hawks!

• Moderators

Now Holt Up. (Wait a minute!)

Off to go dig up more on this guy...

EDIT: 6-foot-4 score-first PG, all-WCC selection, seems able to draw a lot of trips to the line. Pretty much took over for Dellavedova for the Gaels in his senior year and helped them reach the NIT second-round.

http://www.smcgaels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204999656&

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

He can be an elite PG. What's not to understand? 

He has elite potential and a low ceiling? He's the only Hawk worth a damn but we have the next Chandler/Noah, Brad Miller, Wes Matthews, and Dell Curry on our summer league squad? 

• Like 3

He has elite potential and a low ceiling? He's the only Hawk worth a damn but we have the next Chandler/Noah, Brad Miller, Wes Matthews, and Dell Curry on our summer league squad? 

He has a low floor and very high ceiling. 

Oh, I see, I had a typo. My fault. 

Hey, it could happen. This is the highest ceiling players we have ever had on SL teams. Usually we have low floor and ceiling players to the point where i hate our SL teams. This one, I can't wait to see. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I'd like to see Patric Young get an invite to the summer league team. Shades of Ben Wallace, surprised he went undrafted.

He's got a helleva body on him. I'd like the Hawks to give him a chance. No way he's as near as mobile and versatile as Ben Wallace but he might be a good summer camp pickup.

For summer League, this is what I want to see:

1. Dennis run the offense and limit his turnovers

2. JJ - will his shot be back

3. Bebe - does he look stronger on his post defense

4. MonStar Moose - is he sill falling down on contact, is he stronger

5. The Rookies - show me what you got