Official Summer League Thread

NBASupes

• Moderators

^Not a big time passer, but Trevor Releford led all NCAA point guards in Total Shooting percentage (64%) in 2013-14. His 2.3 steals per game ranked 5th among NCAA PGs, tied with Elfrid Payton.

For the second straight time, he made the All-SEC team this year, joining Casey Prather.

His brother Travis played at Kansas.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

So anyone other than my self excited about the addition of Casey Prather to the SL squad?

I never liked the Gators but I'm definitely interested in seeing what he can do for us 

Being a Gators fan who's seen Billy Donovan develop Prather over the years, I'm very excited.

Assuming Bud and crew think they can re-work his jumper (specifically the 3), I could definitely see him making the team.

^Not a big time passer, but Trevor Releford led all NCAA point guards in Total Shooting percentage (64%) in 2013-14. His 2.3 steals per game ranked 5th among NCAA PGs, tied with Elfrid Payton.

For the second straight time, he made the All-SEC team this year, joining Casey Prather.

His brother Travis played at Kansas.

~lw3

Dude is 5'11 and has a 6'7 wingspan. Wow. I want to see him square off with Mack. 

Sean Kilpatrick out of Cincinnati is a guy I want to bring in.  Elite scorer with defense to back it up.  He's 24 which is probably why he went undrafted.  NBA body already.

Sean has verbally agreed to play for the Sixers in Vegas. Tibit I read on him: he is only the 2nd AP First Team Al-American to go undrafted.

Link:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2014/06/27/sean-kilpatrick-signs-with-76ers-to-play-in-vegas-league/11486895/

• Like 1

Eric Dawson will be part of the Hawks’ Summer League team that will compete in Las Vegas next month.

Dawson, a 6-foot-9, 236-pound forward/center, was in Hawks training camp last year. He appeared in three exhibition games and had nine points and 12 rebounds in 34 minutes before being waived on Oct. 26. He then played for the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League. Dawson most recently played with Heilongjiang Fengshen in China.

Others who will play for the Hawks are:

* Travis Wear: The 6-10, 230-pound forward played three seasons at UCLA after transfering from North Carolina. The 2009 McDonald’s All-American averaged 7.2 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists last season.

* Casey Prather: The 6-6, 207-pound guard/forward played four seasons at Florida. He was First Team All-SEC and averaged 13.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 27.9 minutes last season.

* Trevor Releford: The 6-0, 190-pound point guard played four seasons at Alabama. He averaged 18.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.1 assists last season.

* Stephen Holt: The 6-4, 195-pound guard played four seasons at St. Mary’s. He averaged 15.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.9 assists in 37.5 minutes last season.

* Michael Bramos: The 6-6, 225-pound guard/small forward played collegiately at Miami (Ohio). He has played in Greece for Peristeri (2009-10) and most recently Panathinaikos (2012-14) and also in Spain for Gran Canaria (2010-12)

They will be joined by 2013 draftees guard Dennis Schröder, center Mike Muscala and center Lucas Nogueira, 2014 draftees forward Adreian Payne and guard Lamar Patterson. Center Walter Tavares could also play if contract details can be worked out.

Third-year guard John Jenkins, who is recovering from season-ending back surgery, has said he intends to play.

The Hawks complete roster will be released prior to the Las Vegas Summer League tournament scheduled for July 11-22. The Hawks are guaranteed five games with preliminary games against the Wizards, D-League and Trail Blazers.

• Like 1

thank you for posting what was stated in that link. So whats your opinion? Whats everyones opinion?

You should always post what's in a link so that we can go back and search for it later on here. Otherwise years from now if someone searches they go to a link that no longer works.

I have no opinion of the players as I have no idea who they are.

Pictures of the young kids working out together. Thanks @Jody23 for letting us know about these posted pics posted by TheSkillFactory.  Here ya go @JayBirdHawk

• Like 2

Nice shots, Dennis and Jenkins definitely look like they've put some good weight on.

On another note, it's always so weird to see all these NBA players in my old school's gym.

• Like 3

Is there an official measurement of player size and weight before every nba season or do we rely on team anouncements, tweets and pics to know whether there was some change? At 20 there is still a chance to grow too...

Is there an official measurement of player size and weight before every nba season or do we rely on team anouncements, tweets and pics to know whether there was some change? At 20 there is still a chance to grow too...

Nope best you can hope for is the player or coach / GM to discuss it.